Pregnancy Thread

Izo

Tranny Chaser
You'll love the blood, screams of pain and the placenta. Kid coming out of the birth canal is a plus too.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
In the mean time THANKFULLY one of our friends sent her their old doppler so she can now hear the heartbeat when she wants. It's only been a couple days since that came in the mail and the difference is noticeable. What makes it even more difficult is the first 3 doses of chemo I've had have picked up right where it left off and it's making me feel incredibly awful which of course doesn't help at all. I've got every appendage crossed hoping this doppler helps enough 'till she can see the psychiatrist.

Honestly she's always had anxiety issues. Once she resolves one thing she just picks another thing to get anxiety by until that gets resolved and the cycle begins anew. It's pretty fucking frustrating I gotta say. lol
My wife was also very anxious, not nearly what you are describing with your wife, but every twinge/pain/little bit of blood was cause of borderline panic. Having a doppler helped with that a lot, but the one word of caution since your wife has such anxiety issues is that it can sometimes be difficult to find the heartbeat especially early on when the baby is so little. So she should be aware of that and to (hopefully) not panic if she can't pick it up right away. But it should help a lot until she can start feeling the baby move.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Thankfully in the past couple days she has been monumentally better. She's only used the doppler once and that's been enough to calm her nerves to where she's normal. Fingers crossed!

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Congratulations.

My son shouldn't be circumcised confirm/deny?
We circumcised our son. The first couple of days after it made me regret it a little. (Changing bloody gauze) But the doctor did a great job and it is all good now.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone know much about Alports. Fiancee I always knew had a kidney issue, only recently found out what it was. Don't know how severe, but kinda thinking from the little I know sounds irresponsible to try having kids with it. (She is big on a kid, I would rather not.)

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Get some genetic counseling. Hits men harder than woman so kids are certainly not out of the equation without help.

If you're not interested in kids bring it up now before you're married. So many dumb assess just drag their feet because they are verbally / emotionally constipated and can't talk about things.

iannis

Musty Nester
That's just good advice for any woman, regardless of health concerns. If you marry her not wanting children and she wants children then two things will happen. You will have one child and it will not be a happy marriage, because there is a fundamental misunderstanding of what is being promised. Her definition of family is different than yours. That's not a fault, that's a perfectly understandable difference of opinion. But don't try to cheat. It can only make you miserable.

If your main concern genuinely is medical and "rather not" is just trepidation about the possibility of children rather than a decision, which is also perfectly understandable, then the best place to start is probably with your fiancee. And then to call the office of her gyno and explain your concern to the receptionist. You'll get passed around until someone gives you a name. This is not an unreasonable thing to be thinking about. At all. It's entirely reasonable, and you'll find people who make it their jobs to help with these sorts of concerns.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Were there any signs of complications before hand?
No, not really. He did mention they had less contact over the final weeks leading up to the due date, but that's "normal", you got your mind on so much stuff, contacting friends is far down the list.

13 weeks along here. This week I'll be able to attend an obgyn visit. Curious if we can already see if it's going to be a boy or a girl.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
No, not really. He did mention they had less contact over the final weeks leading up to the due date, but that's "normal", you got your mind on so much stuff, contacting friends is far down the list.

13 weeks along here. This week I'll be able to attend an obgyn visit. Curious if we can already see if it's going to be a boy or a girl.
I think you usually are able to find out the sex around 20 weeks.

My wife is driving me nuts. Doctor told her she'd gain 0.5-1.0 pounds per week or something and if it's 0.1 pounds over that she freaks out. Can't handle this shit. One week she didn't gain anything and did this little cheer behind my back, I saw it and kind of wanted to slap the shit out of her.

opiate82

Bronze Squire

Nope, not yet. They will generally be able to (try to) tell you at your anatomy scan which will probably be scheduled around the 20 week mark. You should be able to see some limbs and stuff though.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think you usually are able to find out the sex around 20 weeks.

My wife is driving me nuts. Doctor told her she'd gain 0.5-1.0 pounds per week or something and if it's 0.1 pounds over that she freaks out. Can't handle this shit. One week she didn't gain anything and did this little cheer behind my back, I saw it and kind of wanted to slap the shit out of her.
Get ready for that not to end anytime soon. As soon as the kid is born she'll start obsessing about his/her weight gain.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
She was like this before and I'll assume she'll be worse after. It just makes me really angry that she knows our kid needs to grow and she's cheering that she didn't gain any weight.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She was like this before and I'll assume she'll be worse after. It just makes me really angry that she knows our kid needs to grow and she's cheering that she didn't gain any weight.
As long as she's tracking to land in the 25 to 35 lb increase range you should be good. Don't get too hung up on the week to week. It is frustrating though.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, but it doesn't grow all at once. Most of the weight gain is fluid rather than baby.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Nope, not yet. They will generally be able to (try to) tell you at your anatomy scan which will probably be scheduled around the 20 week mark. You should be able to see some limbs and stuff though.
Ah alright. We did see arms and legs on the pic from 2 weeks ago.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Babies R Us was 15% off yesterday.. Wife went crazy and let's just say our nursery is completely done.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Passed the 9 month mark. Wife thinks he's coming early. I don't think it'll feel real until he crowns.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Babies R Us was 15% off yesterday.. Wife went crazy and let's just say our nursery is completely done.
You can use 20% off coupons from bed bath and beyond at buy buy baby. Used quite a few of this on big ticket items like the car seat, swing and pack n play.