Pregnancy Thread

grimshaw_sl

shitlord
Baby # 2 due in 5 weeks, another boy. First kid is almost 20 months and was a great first baby, super bubbly easy going kid now. Hope like hell the second one isn't the other side of the coin toss haha.

Cool_Dude_sl

shitlord
Two boys. That's awesome. Grats man.

We're trying for our 2nd kiddo now. My wife is desperate for a girl. I try to tell her that she is fucked since 14 of 18 grandchildren are boys. This is fine by me since I only want boys. She says, "don't you want me to be happy" (by having a girl).

Fuck no.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm so fucking jealous of people who have boys. But then I remember that if I had another kid my mind would snap and I'd start riding the rails from town to town spreading the hobo code, and I'm satisfied with what I have.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Had our 20 week ultrasound last week and found out our first baby is a girl! Everything checked out just fine and doctor said she is growing normally. Such a relief (my wife and I both needlessly worry about everything).

Now we need to start researching and figuring out the best cost vs. quality for cribs, strollers, carseats, etc. Overwhelming!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Also had our 20-week ultrasound this past Wednesday. We're having a boy. It's our first kid. We're terrified, mainly because we're both older(mid 30s) and we've seen the chaos that most of our friends have already gone through long ago. I'd almost rather be young and dumb and have no idea what I was getting into, lol.

grimshaw_sl

shitlord
Also had our 20-week ultrasound this past Wednesday. We're having a boy. It's our first kid. We're terrified, mainly because we're both older(mid 30s) and we've seen the chaos that most of our friends have already gone through long ago. I'd almost rather be young and dumb and have no idea what I was getting into, lol.
Most everyone I know with girls only, or girls and boys say boys are easier by far. They get a little bit over the top from like 4-8, but thats it. Girls are just hard and only get harder once those hormone things start working their voodoo magic. Worse still if they look good.

How's the vag?
Vag is fine. Round ligament pain (pain in the ab muscles when sneezing, coughing, laughing) and peeing when I cough sometimes sucks. Last 4 of 5 days I've had extremely bad heartburn at night which I think has caused/is causing the puking when I wake up in the morning of the bile. My poor teeth
frown.png
. Hopefully will die down but if not I'll give my OB a call and see if they can call in a script for something to stop the acid reflux. Tums are a joke. And dairy seems to be the thing that makes it really bad (figure that one out).

Visited my sister and her husband for my nieces first birthday in philly this past weekend - people were pretty shocked by how I looked. Folks haven't seen me in person for several months due to distance and last time on skype around the holidays and I've continued to lose weight and since then the belly's popped too. My mom couldn't stop saying how good I looked heh.

I dont care about losing more weight - I just want to keep eating blood oranges. Mmmmmmm blood oranges. Got myself some fresh squeezed blood orange juice from wegmans today too.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Most everyone I know with girls only, or girls and boys say boys are easier by far. They get a little bit over the top from like 4-8, but thats it. Girls are just hard and only get harder once those hormone things start working their voodoo magic. Worse still if they look good.
frown.png

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Overall, I'm pretty psyched for a boy. I'm ready to go out and start buying some Legos and nerf guns tomorrow.

lindz

#DDs
Hey Etoille, do you have a birthing ball yet?

The only position that was comfortable for me while laboring was sitting on the birthing ball facing my bed and leaning my upper body down to lay on the bed. Something about the way it opens up your hips really helps with the pain.

You are pretty desperate to find comfortable positions during labor so try everything! The tub is really nice as well but can make the contractions stronger so it can be too much after awhile.

With your first, you typically go into the hospital early because you are nervous/excited and want the doctors to check you out and take care of everything. Hospitals suck though and laboring at home is so much more comfortable.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Haha... we just had our 20 week. . Its a girl! Due July 13th...

can't wait to watch the rerolled eq5 guild down world first nagafen! Looks like we definetly have enough to field a full raid. I'm calling bard for my little girl!

Kinda wanted a boy because I come from a family with No girls. I'm scarred a bit for a girl. Really excited though. Will be a new challenge for me for sure

No offense, but typically overweight women dont gain weight in pregnancy
None taken. Its my understanding that its not uncommon for overweight women to not gain but my doctor (and anecdotal evidence of friends/acquaintances) suggests that its definitely not 'typical' for an overweight woman not to gain either. Splitting hairs etc.

@ lindz - don't have a birthing ball yet but I have one sitting in my amazon cart actually. I've heard the whole laboring at hospital vs home/going to early from more than one person at this point and that's also definitely my intent - to spend as much time at home as possible.

@chaos - thanks again for the tip on the consignment sale in manassas duder. I went tonight (first day open to public) and got what I went for - a bumbo. The last one (they started with 4). In the color I wanted actually (though my husband points out that that is a retarded thing to say/think considering I have a cover for it and hes not wrong :p). For 15 bucks. Saving 30 bucks makes me soooooooooooooo happy. Picked up loads of cute clothes too. Thanks mang!

@ Lenaldo - I LOVE the fact that we're going to have so many july rerolled babies!!!!!! Shit is beyond fucking cool. I told my husband you shot gunned bard. We're thinking druid.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah we almost went today but we had another evaluation for our middle daughter's hearing/speech so we didn't really have time. Plus they don't allow strollers in there so it is a huge pain in the ass for us to browse the clothes.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I am 31 and IF I ever have kids it will be around 35ish I think. Did the doctor talk to you about increased chance of defects, retardation, etc., because of that age or is the 30's still in the "safe" zone.

I know you can do tests during pregnancy to see if your kid will be retarded / handicapped / whatever and I would hate to have to make that decision but I would almost rather abort the baby then have to leave with that the rest of our lives. Now that is an easy answer for me right now because I am not actually going through that but god damn....

Overall, I'm pretty psyched for a boy. I'm ready to go out and start buying some Legos and nerf guns tomorrow.
We need kids to still do that at our age? FUUUUUUUUUUU

20 week scan went well today - except kid did NOT want a picture of their face at all - tech and doctor gave up after about 30 mins. they were able to get what they needed from a series of partial shots (ensuring no cleft palate) but they wanted to get one of those 3d headshots and kid just wasn't having it. all measurements look great, no soft markers, no low lying or anterior placenta, kid apparently is quite leggy as well.

now measuring closer to what we originally thought our due date was (7/13).....now they are est around 7/14 but first two ultrasounds thought 7/18. At the end of the day doesn't matter really. its a coupla days and kid will come whenever its done cooking.

completely in love with this baby.