Pregnancy Thread

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
So we're watching an episode of Castle last night and my wife exclaims OH SHIT! and practically jumps off the couch. Apparently the little guy walloped her pretty good. We both had a good laugh at that one.

Jilariz_sl

shitlord
Some women have had a rib broken from the kicks from inside the womb. Their legs are surprisingly strong, just wait until they won't lay still for diaper changes.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Congrats Tuco. You're starting a pretty cool part of life. Parenthood is a wonderful thing! My very best wishes to all three of you.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Damn that's some Bruce Lee shit if a fetus is busting ribs like boards.

I'll keep that bit of information from her or she WILL stress about it. lol

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Some women have had a rib broken from the kicks from inside the womb. Their legs are surprisingly strong,just wait until they won't lay still for diaper changes.
This is our problem currently. 20 months old and HATES diaper changes. We're going to have to start changing him on the floor because last week, while laying on his changing table he kicked and bucked so damn hard that he kicked me, ricocheted backwards and went flying off of the changing table onto the floor, like a flopping fish. Kid was fine, but scared the piss out of the both of us. I didnt realize he could kick that hard.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Jesus that would give my wife a heart attack. Safe or not. I'll be keeping that in mind. Thanks for beta testing!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wife is definitely looking pregnant now, she can no longer hide it. She's 5'0" so she looks ridiculous.

Last night she jogged on the treadmill and I just don't understand women.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
This is our problem currently. 20 months old and HATES diaper changes. We're going to have to start changing him on the floor because last week, while laying on his changing table he kicked and bucked so damn hard that he kicked me, ricocheted backwards and went flying off of the changing table onto the floor, like a flopping fish. Kid was fine, but scared the piss out of the both of us. I didnt realize he could kick that hard.
Yeah that isn't something we tolerated. Equated that with any of the numerous other dangerous shit kids have no clue of and need firm lines that they aren't allowed to cross.

Right from the start if she kicked or wasn't cooperative it was met with swift reaction on our part and it worked wonderfully. I'm not going to have a shitty ass toddler fighting me while I'm cleaning their ass risking them falling off the table, bed or whatever. Much less the shit getting spread around like paint. We nipped that right in the bud.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How soon did you start trying to enforce behavior while changing? My newborn doesn't seem to recognize anything I do so I don't see how trying to stop him from kicking while changing diapers would work!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Duct tape. Done.

Boom.

(The kicking will probably stop without enforcing behaviour, but you have to give it some time, and just be consistent.)

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
How soon did you start trying to enforce behavior while changing? My newborn doesn't seem to recognize anything I do so I don't see how trying to stop him from kicking while changing diapers would work!
You should hang him by his pecker from the ceiling and twirl him into submission.

Ours started doing the mule thing right around the time mobility was increasing. Prior to them being mobile they are trivial to take care of.

As they get a little older they'll try and play with their shit, kick like mules, crawl / run away while changing etc.. What you tolerate and what you don't is up to you. Pretty simple to stop, firm NO while holding the legs worked for us. That started around 14 months old but she was a late walker and more into verbal stuff early on. Just have to be firm and consistent regardless.

Anyway, wrong thread. I didn't notice this was pregnancy thread when I replied to Joboo.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
You'll know when. Every kid is different though. Whenever you think they would react to a strong tone.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Company just announced that we get 4 weeks paid time off "parental leave" following the birth/adoption of a child. Awesome!

Vasgaroth

Trakanon Raider
Have any of you fathers/mothers experienced false labor? Currently my wife and I are expecting our 2nd child ANY day now. My wife is 38 weeks(39 weeks on February 2nd) and texted me this morning at 10am while I was at work saying she was getting steady contractions. My wife has a pretty high pain threshold, and the fact that she was 1)acknowledging that these were not your run of the mill braxton hicks and 2)saying they were uncomfortable prompted me to rush home. Long story short, we call the nurse hotline and they recommend we go into the OB to have a "labor check". OB says my wife is 4cm's dilated, 80% efaced and with just a little bit of walking should head to the hospital ASAP. We went to the hospital after about an hour of walking only to be sent home by cunty midwife saying we're having false labor. My wife felt utterly defeated, I'm emotionally drained and I don't really know where to go from here? We didn't have this issue with my son. The whole ride home my wife was crying, her mother is in town now which is helping but now my wife is questioning her instincts and doesn't recall what "labor labor" actually feels like. I assured her that she will know but damnit rerolled I need some advice. It was a blow to me as well but my wife is pretty damn upset. Any advice or stories related to this would be much appreciated<3