Prelude to Axanar (2014)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Kicking in 35. That 20 minute preview was outstanding.

I didn't see the ship idea but that is brilliant. I would definitely donate to get the USS Rerolled. We should fund raise on the board!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Could be decent but the acting wasn't terribly impressive. Plus where was Saul Tigh???

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
That's for the next part, Axanar.

It's even from Axanar's page talking to him AFTER Prelude to Axanar had already been shot.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Could this be a return to real Star Trek? I can't say I'm excited, but certainly hopeful.

I don't want JJ Abrams fucking touching this.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
This makes my dick hard.

Star Trek needs to be back on TV, I don't know what the fuck CBS is doing. Stop milking NCIS, get more Star Trek.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have to admit that at first it was kind of mehh, but it certainly got a lot better as the movie progressed. This looked miles better as a story than the last 2 movies were. There is a reason that "Wrath of Khan" is considered the best Star Trek movie. Combat strategy with great effects and good characters. You can tell in this 20 minute clip that the ship effects were done in quick short formats due to cost. I would love to see those screens extended out with full effect and time. Detail is key. Wrath of Khan even today still looks good because of the detail of the modeling.

I also think that given what computers can do now and what could be accomplished with a good budget that Star Trek in the right vehicle could shine as a new TV show

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There is a reason that "Wrath of Khan" is considered the best Star Trek movie. Combat strategy with great effects and good characters.
Hey, don't forget all the Paradise Lost and Moby Dick. Taking from the classics gives you legitimacy!

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
crusherlol.jpg

Khaaaaan!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really good Kickstarter. They got 638k for a 100k goal. They discuss this as being a multiple part kickstarter with each part funding different portions of the movie. They stated that the full movie would need anywhere between 650-750k to make it. So unless they got extra backing outside of the Kickstarter, they will need to do at least one more. It would have been real nice if they had gotten the 750k, but something tells me even that might be an underestimate of what they actually need. If the 2nd one can generate 300k, that should cover everything including the unforeseen issues that I am sure crop up for movie budgets.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
As far as I know CBS as fine with since it is from the canon that they are making of the prime universe (not the JJ verse) about an event that happened before TOS and after Enterprise. Since they are not making it to broadcast or release for sale that is. If they do either of those I am sure CBS would be all over them for the money quick.