Prelude to Axanar (2014)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I donated to Prelude and I donated to this. At it's current rate they will hit their $250k goal by the end of day 3. Their total projected budget for all parts was just over a million, I think they'll hit it with no problem.

I've backed both as well. As far as "fan films" go, this entire campaign has been top notch. I'm hoping between the support for this and Michael Dorns campaign for the Worf Chronicles, it will convince CBS to greenlight a new show.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I'm in at the script level. Seems to be losing steam though after the first 24 hours.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm still confused how are they doing this without CBS permission or whoever? I liked the prelude one enough though, I'll probably do Blu Ray.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So they have permission just not licensing? I'm just confused how they worded it on the funding page.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
It'll still probably hit it's goal after only 3 days lol.

The 250k goal was for the special two day prelaunch on indiegogo, before opening it up to the public. The overall goal is around 900k total to cover all the production costs.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
In the old days trailers were spoilers meant to hint at the movie instead of displaying all meaningful plot devices and the only action scenes in the movie...

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The 250k goal was for the special two day prelaunch on indiegogo, before opening it up to the public. The overall goal is around 900k total to cover all the production costs.
They are doing fundraising for each part. There will be two more yet after this one, which is about 20k shy of goal after 7 days, They will still hit goal, but it defiantly lost steam.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully that will backfire on them. One of the things Trekkies appreciate so much about Star Trek is that the high quality fan made stuff is allowed to exist.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It's because Disney realized they could fucking slaughter with Star Wars, so CBS is like damn what are we missing out on and wants to get back in the picture. They don't want to compete with the fan made stuff if they are going to put out stuff on their own.

Edit: You know it's purely related to Star Wars success when they weren't willing to risk it on their own since they can't even tell you what the new series is going to be about. It's also a joke that apparently only the first episode is planned to air on TV? That's how the article reads to me.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Considering Paramount and CBS both have set the tone for the past 10+ years that this sort of thing has been okay. Hell, look at Renegades, they even use people who were in Treks themselves. I'm not sure how it'll pan out but I sure hope it's in favor of Axanar.