Prey - scifi/horror game by Arkane

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Prey 2006 still sticks with me as one of the great FPS, lets hope this one can keep up. The girlfriend/alien scene in particular really stands out and the vengeance you reap afterwards is good times.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Prey 2006 still sticks with me as one of the great FPS, lets hope this one can keep up. The girlfriend/alien scene in particular really stands out and the vengeance you reap afterwards is good times.
Yeah I loved Prey on 360 back in the day. Looking forward to this one because I always liked the setting. Plus this time it looks as if they are throwing together a little twilight zone meets Syfy meets Aliens.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I've yet to play an Arkane game I haven't enjoyed, early days but this looks interesting:

I'm getting a Dishnored/Dead Space mashup vibe, which sounds amazing in my head.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I want the juicy drama that went on between Human Head and Bethesda that led to the cancellation of the original iteration of the game.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I waited so long for Prey 2, this abomination can go fuck itself..... I'll probably play it anyway... but still

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'll take a Chris Avellone abomination over whatever Prey 2 was originally going to be any day.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
You just don't like spiders. I can understand that.

DM was great though.... I made soooo many corpse piles. Good times.

Yeah Dark Messiah was pretty fun, but fuck those spiders hard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
reminder: this game is out next week. Best Buy upgraded my pre order to the steel book edition for free too

demo is out on PSN and Xbox One
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...hour/cid=UP1003-CUSA08480_00-PREYDEMO00000000
Prey Demo: Opening Hour - Microsoft Store

Its the first hour of the game. Gonna play this weekend, still have time to cancel pre order if it sucks but so far people seem to be saying good things. Its by the guys who made Dishonored 2, I liked that game but the story was a bit weak, apparently the story in this is a lot better and mechanics decent.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the reminder. Downloading now.

I didn't like Dishonored 1 or 2 at all. I tried to get into them but just couldn't.

• 1Salty

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the reminder. Downloading now.

I didn't like Dishonored 1 or 2 at all. I tried to get into them but just couldn't.

Let me know how it is. I'll probably get it from :emoji_nose:places:emoji_nose:, but not every game can be as good as Doom, ya know? And I have a hard time paying full price for current FPS.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
I fully played through the demo on my PS4 and enjoyed the story, but I cancelled my pre order. The jump scares are just way too much for me, I know its the point of the game but I feel kinda stressed out after just an hour and this game isn't relaxing me, its making me super tense. I like the idea of any single item can be the enemy and its cool as fuck in theory but goddamn after the 5th or 6th time where I was clutching my chest, I don't think I can do a 20-40 hour game like that.

Second, the "enemy music" KEPT PLAYING for a long time after something spotted me, and it got loud as hell. I don't know what the hell is going on with it but the constant LOUD SCARY MUSIC FOR 5 MINS was not fun at all, even after I killed the enemy it took a few mins usually for the music to stop.

On PS4 Pro the FOV feels a bit gimped up, right after a mimic attack it usually spins around a bit and trying to find it again is frustrating as hell with this FOV. Also the interface for using computers was awful, the d-pad does nothing and you have to use the controller as a mouse, which is pretty frustrating. I don't know why the d-pad doesn't work.

I really did enjoy the story I saw and will probably play this at some point but it doesn't really feel like a must-play right now, especially with nearly a dozen AAA games sitting around waiting for me to play through.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I am not impressed. Too clunky. Controls were weird. Story may be good but I'll watch videos.

Vorph

Haven't played the demo yet, mainly because I started reading the same stuff spronk said all over and I've yet to see anyone say anything really positive other than the story looks interesting. Controls, graphics, enemies, etc. all universally panned. The sound issues seem really fucked up, like something they've got to fix before release.

Let me know how it is. I'll probably get it from :emoji_nose:places:emoji_nose:
Denuvo. Dishonored 2 has never been cracked, though at this point it's probably from lack of interest rather than an actual inability to do so. Prey might be a big enough release to get CPY's full attention, or it might be like NieR (still uncracked too).

Vaclav

I liked the demo - but not to the degree to buy - definitely looks like something I'd play through once and be done with it (Gamefly tier).

Pacing is very much like System Shock 2 with how it was feeling from the demo - slow but steady reveals besides the jumpscare mimics. And the potential to go completely the wrong direction and get really fucking owned really fast. (The Phantoms are nearly impossible in the demo - but you have to explore rather than follow the questline to bump into them)

Although note for the annoying as shit computer/touchscreen controls - there were some options that made them a ton less irritating (not perfect by any means but better).

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Unfortunately, the end result, game will shit the bed but I'm pretty sure I may play through the original and listen to don't fear the reaper as the aliens touch down. Because THATS how you make a game.

Vaclav

Unfortunately, the end result, game will shit the bed but I'm pretty sure I may play through the original and listen to don't fear the reaper as the aliens touch down. Because THATS how you make a game.

I don't think it was ever meant to be that type of game though - especially with the little references to "Looking Glass" and such that was in the demo [I think that was what they called the video tech or something?] it seems clear they were going for a System Shock style, not a mind-bending shooter like original Prey was. (Which of course fits with Arkane's past - since Dishonored was fundamentally a tweaked Thief)