Prey

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Saw the film last night, thought it was great.

Before watching, I was a little apprehensive. Knowing how the thing was supposed to be loaded with SJW messages and a potential Mary Sue lead. Fortunately it wasn't that way, that character of a young woman wanting to be a hunter instead of just staying back in the village, that easily could have been from before Hollywood got it's mind set on pushing 'The Message' down everyone's throats. It felt realistic and relatable.

And not a Mary Sue, she had to learn all her skills and a number of times she fucked up and was nearly killed.

But also a big positive is that they went in a totally different direction with the predator franchise and the setting and time period / human's tech level being a big change ( yet at the same time echoing the first film ) was great.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm hoping they Fast and Furious this series and the next one Preds go after a bull shark but a great white shows up, then a sub, then a nuclear sub and at the end the pred is killed by a aircraft carrier

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm hoping they Fast and Furious this series and the next one Preds go after a bull shark but a great white shows up, then a sub, then a nuclear sub and at the end the pred is run over by Dominic Torretti in a souped up Impala.
Fixed.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I'm hoping they Fast and Furious this series and the next one Preds go after a bull shark but a great white shows up, then a sub, then a nuclear sub and at the end the pred is killed by a aircraft carrier

Or the F&F could follow this franchise, and F&F11 could be they are in 1775 and Dominic Turetto has the fastest horse drawn carriage. "I want a 30 second horse!"

• 3Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I just skipped to the end of the thread since we haven't watched this yet. Last night we watched Predator 1 to get in the mood and the subtitles referred to the Predator noise as "whickering." Which seems more applied to horses but it is a new word to me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I just skipped to the end of the thread since we haven't watched this yet. Last night we watched Predator 1 to get in the mood and the subtitles referred to the Predator noise as "whickering." Which seems more applied to horses but it is a new word to me.
I've always seen it as "nickering", but they both mean the same thing apparently.

• 2Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Oh the whooping ( in English ) is the indians

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah the subs say "predator clicking" in this one.

also re: all the talk about predators being lame for using cloaking while hunting... you know... like how people use camouflage while hunting. it's basically the same thing to the creatures being hunted.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Also . . .

The dog in the film.

They show the dog, her one true companion, good loyal well trained.

I'm thinking . . . they're going to have it so you love the dog . . . and then it's going to fucken get killed isn't it . . . it going to die and it's going to rip our hearts out!

Don't do it film! Don't you fucken do this to me.

And at the end ,the dog lives !!!

yellow-octopus-happy-meme-11.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Human camouflage makes you hard to see when still, not when you're right in its face attacking it. Predator stealth is far more OP.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
anyone watching this and going

"damn @Zapatta 's a good boi"

Also . . .

The dog in the film.

They show the dog, her one true companion, good loyal well trained.

I'm thinking . . . they're going to have it so you love the dog . . . and then it's going to fucken get killed isn't it . . . it going to die and it's going to rip our hearts out!

Don't do it film! Don't you fucken do this to me.

And at the end ,the dog lives !!!

View attachment 426629

Ok, dog fucker

• 1Picard

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
yeah the subs say "predator clicking" in this one.

also re: all the talk about predators being lame for using cloaking while hunting... you know... like how people use camouflage while hunting. it's basically the same thing to the creatures being hunted.

So why does attacking break stealth in games?

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider

Human camouflage makes you hard to see when still, not when you're right in its face attacking it. Predator stealth is far more OP.

I think the cloaking was only used when what they were hunting had projectile weaponry. I noticed this one wasn't armored so much as the others so maybe that was an effort to balance the risk vs reward scale?

I've always thought of the predators hunt to he more like big game hunts in Africa. You are hunting something for that could kill you, for the trophy. You go in with odds still biased in your favor, but the risk is not trivial.

Regarding the movie, it was fun and surprisingly not too woke.

• 2Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This was a surprise, didn’t expect much but it was pretty good.

They kept thing simple, focused on the hunt and gave her a chance to slowly learn about the predator and it’s weaknesses. She used what she learned and outsmarted it rather than overpowered it so it felt more realistic and satisfying.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
that's 100% because we don't have optical camouflage like the predator or you better believe we'd be using it

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
that's 100% because we don't have optical camouflage like the predator or you better believe we'd be using it

Lots of things that could help you hunt are illegal for hunting most game in the US, like thermal scopes or using bait.

You are allowed to use them on pest animals like pigs and it makes hunting way easier.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
I need to learn the trick where it pulls the spine and skull out in one fast motion.

I'd never have to wait in line again.

• 1Solidarity