Prey

spronk

FPS noob
the predator definitely got more and more cocky as time went on, like in a video game where you go back to the starting area and its just level 1 french fur trappers vs your level 50 ass with legendary weapons

They definitely knew it was out there and were hunting it, previously Naru saw lightning in distant trees and lots of flashes so it musta been the trappers fighting it. Kinda makes you wonder why it let them escape the first time, to give them time to git gud?

Dog was definitely awesome, some sort of carolina breed, a rescue dog, and apparently not super easy to get it to do what they wanted lol

FZgpEhOXEAACJUB

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds about right. He used blades and his hands when fighting the animals. Use arrows on the natives. When the French trappers used traps on him he started using traps on them. Using weapons to be on par with what he is fighting.
I felt like him using the targeting laser at the end was him saying fuck this shit. I'm not letting this small ass kid defeat me. Everytime he dealt with her was no threat or used shield/spear or melee weapons

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Aubrey Plaza vs the Predator

kinda dopey but my expectations for this franchise are so low these days. could have used more April Ludgate one liners

haha weird, I was thinking "brown April Ludgate" as I was watching this too.

This wasn't as bad as I expected, but it was still pretty bad. Not sure why they felt the need to change the Predator so much, his head was completely different with the visor off than any of the other movies I guess they all evolve away their Preanderthal foreheads over the course of the 300 years between this movie and Predator with Arnie? And some of the shit they had that chick doing was so fucking absurd. The leash axe was fucking stupid and unrealistic as hell. As was her ability to physically best 5-6 fully grown men.

I also hate when writers/directors mix english with another language (happens a lot with spanish). I could write a few paragraphs on this but I'd rather not, movie wasn't worth that time investment.

And apparently her being able to kill the Predator at the end ALL hinged on him happening to be EXACTLY in the right place where the visor was aiming? Fucking /eyeroll

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

The end credits are a tapestry that recaps the movie. The last "scene" of the tapestry is 3 predator ships in the sky. Everything spronk spronk has pasted from reddit is speculation

We know the Elder Predator from Predator 2 ends up with that flintlock pistol at some point

The other predators showing up at the end to obtain the head of the fallen one lines up, and even them giving a trophy/recognition to the girl. But not sure why they would give the predators the flintlock. Why would they want some random gift that they didn’t earn?

What I suspect is the girl is later killed by the Elder Predator from Predator 2 and the elder Predator takes the flintlock as a trophy. Danny Glover then in turn gets it as a sign of respect, because she killed a Predator and Glover kills one, so it’s almost like passing on a weapon from a respected human in their eyes who accomplished the same feat to another

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Given that I figured it would be woke and gurl power, it was better than I expected, and I mostly enjoyed it. Dog was definitely the best part.

The thing that gets me, however, is that while talking about it with my coworkers and referencing the "last" movie, Predators, as I was looking that one up to show someone I discovered that I had COMPLETELY blanked out the 2018 movie with Olivia Munn. I remember it after watching the trailer, but up until that point I would have bet money that Predators was the last one before Prey. Talk about a shitty movie, I had entirely forgotten it existed.

Homsar

I turned off that movie so fast, too bad since Shane black has put out some great stuff

• 1Like

Cybsled

The 2018 Predator movie was ultra poop. It would be cool if they continue to do historical Predator movies. Predator in Feudal Japan, Predator vs. Spartans, Predator in WW2, etc.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Homsar

The 2018 Predator movie was ultra poop. It would be cool if they continue to do historical Predator movies. Predator in Feudal Japan, Predator vs. Spartans, Predator in WW2, etc.
I think this was a test, I feel like it cost $15-20 mil max with marketing and a low risk for losing money with streaming.

Would still watch pretator 2 over this I feel like. Maybe the next watch I do besides Bullettrain

Oldbased

> Than U
Go figure Cyb would consider 2018 Predators trash. One of my more favorite movies ever. It's got everything in it.
Prey couldn't have( or SHOULDN'T have ) cost much money to make but was entertaining. Hollywood needs to give up on half billion dollar productions and get back to the 80s idea of 10-30 million dollar movies. Those suck people in more because they tend to be more real.
Still mad Prey focused so much on a female lead. Wasn't like Aliens which was all male dominant. Right?

Homsar

Go figure Cyb would consider 2018 Predators trash. One of my more favorite movies ever. It's got everything in it.
Prey couldn't have( or SHOULDN'T have ) cost much money to make but was entertaining. Hollywood needs to give up on half billion dollar productions and get back to the 80s idea of 10-30 million dollar movies. Those suck people in more because they tend to be more real.
Still mad Prey focused so much on a female lead. Wasn't like Aliens which was all male dominant. Right?
I feel animosity

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob

is 2018 Predators the one where they hunt a kid with autism to steal his retard genes

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
is 2018 Predators the one where they hunt a kid with autism to steal his retard genes
It's the one with Fisher, Machette man, Adrian Brody where all of them get dumped on a hunting planet and hunted down by 2 sets of Preds who also hunt each other. A short species of Pred and a large species. They also use alien hellhounds to track them down.

It's a cast thing. It has humor, thriller, suspense, comedy and killing, but also only a limited cast, not a whole fucking town of people to follow but the cast are mostly well known actors and yes, somehow many people don't know this movie even exists.

Homsar

I never made it that far but it was going that route. There was a scene with Olivia Munn as a doctor and she I want to say lost her gear or something terrible and so she wasn't killed

Oldbased

> Than U
There is no kid in Predators. That one is The Predator, which I don't think I ever saw.
I guess Predators I am thinking about was 2010. Holy shit where did the years go.

Cybsled

2018 movie was the Oliva Munn one, which was dogshit. Like was pointed out, that was the one where that one Predator wanted the genes from an austic kid because it supposedly would help it with the evolving shit it was doing or w/e

The Adrian Brody one was from 2010. I do agree the 2010 one was decent.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

It's hard to watch but this was Shane blacks predator that was supposed to save the series. Skip to 1 minute in

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

It's the one with Fisher, Machette man, Adrian Brody where all of them get dumped on a hunting planet and hunted down by 2 sets of Preds who also hunt each other. A short species of Pred and a large species. They also use alien hellhounds to track them down.

It's a cast thing. It has humor, thriller, suspense, comedy and killing, but also only a limited cast, not a whole fucking town of people to follow but the cast are mostly well known actors and yes, somehow many people don't know this movie even exists.
That predators was good except for stupid twist. Movie could have

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I think this was a test, I feel like it cost $15-20 mil max with marketing and a low risk for losing money with streaming.

Would still watch pretator 2 over this I feel like. Maybe the next watch I do besides Bullettrain

Prey was a $90M movie