Prey

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Or the F&F could follow this franchise, and F&F11 could be they are in 1775 and Dominic Turetto has the fastest horse drawn carriage. "I want a 30 second horse!"

If the Rock doesn't visit the set and give Vin Diesel permanent brain damage in the meantime. It might be possible to make this movie.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Meh. Best Predator since the 1st, but probably a once and done for me. Worth a watch, but ill forget it exists within a week.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Have watched it 4 times now as there is NOTHING on TV I haven't seen and noticed every time how they finally got the stealth tech right.
It distorts when hit and can't combat debris like in the wind storm or blood soaking.
Very close to what they been working on many years with mirroring, light redirection and so on.

• 3Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

yeah, Predators are "hunters", and who the hell knows what exact standard they consider fair for hunting. Our standards are hard to define. baiting, sniping, flashlights, etc. versus fishing.. nets, etc..

sniping from their space ship, is apparently not fair. They have the tech. Giant bombs is not fair. (but ok to use to prevent their tech/bodys being taken) and even that its not clear which it is. is the self destruction to prevent themselves from being taken as a trophy? or just to keep the tech out of others hands? the later movies, showing predators honoring humans, would suggest its more about keeping the tech out of human hands.

Avp did show them change weapons when dealing with xenomorphs, showing they do handicap themselves to their target.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Thought it was the 2nd best movie I have seen this year after Top Gun. Surprised they dropped it direct to streaming. It is close in tone and feeling to the original movie and the best predator movie since the original.

Wonder if it is considered cultural appropriation to have the main actress who is Sioux playing a Commanche?

I read more into it, apparently since Fox was all over the place with licensing, if this got a theatrical run it would have had to go onto HBO Max. I remember watching the Bobs Burgers movie and wondering how it ended up there since Disney owns it now and apparently its for a lot of film.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
yeah, Predators are "hunters", and who the hell knows what exact standard they consider fair for hunting. Our standards are hard to define. baiting, sniping, flashlights, etc. versus fishing.. nets, etc..

sniping from their space ship, is apparently not fair. They have the tech. Giant bombs is not fair. (but ok to use to prevent their tech/bodys being taken) and even that its not clear which it is. is the self destruction to prevent themselves from being taken as a trophy? or just to keep the tech out of others hands? the later movies, showing predators honoring humans, would suggest its more about keeping the tech out of human hands.

Avp did show them change weapons when dealing with xenomorphs, showing they do handicap themselves to their target.

Even as far back as the first Predator, he refused to attack someone who was unarmed

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Could a Predator beat a prequel era Jedi Knight? Not Anakin, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Mace Windu level but just your average rank and file Jedi.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
unknown.png

• 6Worf
  • 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe I missed some shit but didn't the predator only use weapons depending on what he was fighting? Like guns and arrows he would use his higher end weapons?

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Aubrey Plaza vs the Predator

kinda dopey but my expectations for this franchise are so low these days. could have used more April Ludgate one liners

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Maybe I missed some shit but didn't the predator only use weapons depending on what he was fighting? Like guns and arrows he would use his higher end weapons?

Sounds about right. He used blades and his hands when fighting the animals. Use arrows on the natives. When the French trappers used traps on him he started using traps on them. Using weapons to be on par with what he is fighting.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Sounds about right. He used blades and his hands when fighting the animals. Use arrows on the natives. When the French trappers used traps on him he started using traps on them. Using weapons to be on par with what he is fighting.
in every instance he's overmatched them by centuries

rattle snake, lemme use dual 2ft long wolverine claws

injun arrows, lemme use auto targeting fire and forget javelin slugs

fur trap, lemme use superheated melto net

• 1Worf

Cybsled

I mean ya, it’s never fair. But neither is hunting in most cases. But there is a big difference between flying around in a helicopter blasting deer with a minigun vs some dude using an AR-15 vs a deer