Problems at work

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I mean I don't know about others but if I'm waiting around doing nothing I feel terrible and look for other work. I'm not 19 anymore, I've since realized life has a finite duration and I still want to buy more things. I would go insane in a job like that. It sounds like you're having a real crisis because the baby has started to take its toll on your thought process where before mediocrity and ease was the best and now not only do you feel like you aren't doing anything most of the time, you feel like you're losing control of the ability to safeguard your child even if your situation is a bit more complicated than that.

Don't get me wrong I know salespeople who make tons of money and are very stable. Maybe you should look for something that obviously will remove your current management issues but also allows you to take more direct control over your work and earnings, ie generate leads and manage accounts instead of sit around and wait.
This is spot on. I'm just concerned that quitting now will put me in a worse spot. Of course I can look for work but i'm moving soon and I don't know if I want to travel for work after the baby is born. If this situation is dealt with in a week and he gets fired I can take my time and look for something after we move and settle. I basically don't have to worry about money when I move in with my sister. I would be free to look around and find something decent.

Also I will most likely come out of this with a raise. I mean I have a direct line to the CEO of the company across the country telling me to stick in there and thanks for doing what im doing. The higher ups have just been saying they can't tell me whats going on for legal reasons etc

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Why can't you look for a job while still working? They aren't mutually exclusive.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Why can't you look for a job while still working? They aren't mutually exclusive.
I am looking.

Also does anyone have any idea what my rights are here? Hostile work environment made more hostile by the company throwing me to the wolves to take notes on this asshole.

I have never dealt with anything like it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You have the right to quit. I don't know what more you think the legal system will do for you. Nothing sounds illegal outside of the drug deals.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
You have the right to quit. I don't know what more you think the legal system will do for you. Nothing sounds illegal outside of the drug deals.
In Canada if your fired you can get Employment Ensurance, the government gives you money while you look for work. If you quit you get nothing.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
In Canada if your fired you can get Employment Ensurance, the government gives you money while you look for work. If you quit you get nothing.
If you get terminated for cause you won't be eligible for EI.

Any sort of "hostile work environment" claim will be through legal action. It's basically not an option for you, since the money involved isn't going to justify expensive legal bills. But in any case, document in writing absolutely anything that's relevant should it ever get to that point.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
If you get terminated for cause you won't be eligible for EI.

Any sort of "hostile work environment" claim will be through legal action. It's basically not an option for you, since the money involved isn't going to justify expensive legal bills. But in any case, document in writing absolutely anything that's relevant should it ever get to that point.
There is a ton in writing already. I also send his boss notes every week via email. I really have no idea why he hasn't been fired yet. It shouldn't take this long if they were actually going to do anything about it.

It has gotten to the point of me working in other stores near by when my boss works so that we work opposite shifts. So they admit something is wrong. I really don't know, its beyond logic why he wasn't fired on the spot.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Sounds like to me your boss has in turn, built a case against you and is trying to convince them that you're the one who's the problem. Hence why no one has been canned yet.

That's why I would bet anyway.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This might sound corny, but depending on how old you are/healthy, look into joining the military. If you have a college degree, look into an officer program. It is stable, the cash is decent, and you probably have a better chance of being killed driving to work than in combat if that sort of thing puts you off.

Other than that, at a private company, as far as I understand it your recourse for 'hostile work environment' is pretty much zero. Unless it can be directly and pretty obviously traced to discrimination of some sort - age, gender, disability, shit like that - there isn't much in the way of legal protection.

Edit: NM, didn't realize you were in Canada so not sure of the laws there. Not sure if the military thing applies either, that is my default advice to people who are at a crossroads.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Sounds like to me your boss has in turn, built a case in you and is trying to convince them that you're the one who's the problem. Hence why no one has been canned yet.
Which is great because I am loved the company over. I set up the new computer system for a couple stores. I have been sent by my boss to training seminars he was supposed to attend because he's to incompetent. I was offered a part time job at another location from a manager who has been with the company for 20 years. Everyone I personally know in the company is gunning for this guys job.

Meanwhile this guy is banned from a near by Tim Hortons and a near by hair salon. He had a local sister store managers wife quit on him because he was abusive after she stood out in front of the higher ups. This guy is a perpetual fuck up.

Ill paint a picture for you. The most self absorbed homosexual man you have ever met who is the victim of every story he has ever told.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I get it though rerolled. I need to look for work diligently instead of hoping it will be resolved in any timely fashion.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
That sounds awful. I understand you've got to support a family, but I'd rather work 12-hour shifts flipping burgers or washing dishes than put up with that kind of work environment, especially for such low pay.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I am looking.

Also does anyone have any idea what my rights are here? Hostile work environment made more hostile by the company throwing me to the wolves to take notes on this asshole.

I have never dealt with anything like it.
You have the right to look for another job or suck it up and stay. You can "pursue" it and it will take time, and even if you "win" what have you won? Not to mention can you prove it beyond a doubt with a paper trail?

If he's gay, good luck with that.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Has he ever sexually harassed you? Slapped you on the ass. Made comments while you were roommates? Show us on this furby where the bad man touched you?

That or quit / suck it up.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I was just looking over my payroll to see if it had been done properly. I noticed that he has been paying the part timer he favors major overages on hours.

Each week has a schedule and each week he is supposed to fill in payroll to mirror that.

Over the last 2 months he has given her an extra 2-6 hours a week....

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Nah its not like that.

Every since this started 8 weeks ago hes given her about 20 extra payed hours