Problems at work

moontayle

Golden Squire
My wife has been a restaurant manager for a long long time and I can speak with a certain level of authority that if it's getting into upper management, especially the CEO, then it's well beyond Grumpus. He's just ammunition in a larger fight. Likely HR and others have been gathering intel for a while. The sensitivity of the situation is why the CEO is involved, otherwise the DM or his direct would be doing it.

It's hard to fire someone in certain organizations, especially if they're corporate in any way. The red tape is staggering. However, once the hammer does come down, there's no question about it sticking.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
CEO's probably coming down to ask the manager why the fuck an employee is emailing the CEO of the company
Multiple times. Kind of what I was thinking as well. Get rid of the problem and the person that allows the problem to go on and move on.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Everything was being handled by the regional manager for the first month and a half. He was filling me in on the happenings and giving me updates. Then he told me it was above him and that he couldn't talk about it anymore.

My manager is a very volatile dude. He talks a big game. Every time we had visits from the regional manager he thought he was getting fired because hes fucks around so much. He would always say things like "Well they better have there shit together because if they don't ill tear this place apart blah blah blah"

When all this started one of my part timers quit and he went on a rant on this guys last day. I heard all this second hand so I can't speak to what was actually said. He told the part timer that he was filing a complaint against the regional for harassment for hovering over him while he tried to do his job. Also he was going to spill the beans about the regional letting a manager hire his wife to work our store. The last part the company knew about, my manager just didn't know.

There was no harassment and they knew about the wife so I thought it didn't matter.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Just got a call from human resources. Im meeting with the CEO in a hotel meeting room on thursday morning.

Thats sounds fucking ominus.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Its a retail job, literally the only hard part about the job is dealing with high school drama.
Pretty much. Im 30 btw.

Just because people keep mentioning the low pay etc I feel like I should explain.

I was in the trades out of high school. I was a floor coverings installer for 8 years. I installed carpet, lino, tiles hardwood etc. It started to effect my health severly and my dad (who I worked with) took two years off for physio to fix his work place injuries.
I was making $35-40 an hour.

I also teach BJJ part time and decided to quit installing to work easier low stress jobs so that I could focus on what I loved to do instead.

I get it, im poor but im doing my best and was way happier before this bull shit started happening.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We're just saying one of the benefits of having a low paying unspecialized job is that you don't have to put up with much shit.. since you can go get another one...in a few minutes.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I mean whats the worst that could happen. They fire you? Go in there and see what happens. And report back.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
As long as you can support the kid, who cares what you make. Just know that they are expensive as fuck, take it from me!

Also in general we all believe you can do better

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
As long as you can support the kid, who cares what you make. Just know that they are expensive as fuck, take it from me!
Yup, no idea where grumpus lives but it could be a low cost of living area where you can live comfortable off his income and probably should have decent flexibility in the schedule for his kid. I know my trade job, it's very frowned on to cut out early or have appointments in th e day.