Problems at work

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Update. The CEO of the company is flying in from Toronto to deal with the situation this week.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I am a pessimist, but if it were me I would assume that Tarrant is right and he is trying to turn the tables on you and build some kind of case on you.

Either way, I wouldn't want to work in a place that put me in that kind of position without some compensation.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's interesting that part time salespeople don't get commission but full timers do. Makes it a conflict of interest for anyone tied to the profitability of the store but still trying to maintain the "part timers are there to help if the full timers are busy" guideline.

It's easy for people on the internet to say, "Oh your story is saying that you are going through something uncomfortable? quit immediately!" but real life isn't that simple, because quitting without a good alternative is a terrible idea when you're trying to raise a family.

Here's something else that's easy for someone on the internet to say. If you're in sales, fucking sell. Taking home $500 a week won't cut it. If you think you're going to build a good future for your family by taking an easy route and "folding clothes" you're kidding yourself and need a reality check. Keep your nose clean, deal with the near term bullshit and look to improve yourself such that taking home $1100 in a two week period is a bad week where you can't even eat.

This has been a message from someone who knows nothing about sales. It's your life, make your choices.

I'd rather work 12-hour shifts flipping burgers
image.php

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I was forced to work with the guy the last three days. Today while I was working he want to tell me something and I was busy he immediately goes "Turn around and look me in the eyes when im talking to you".

I sent a email to his boss on my lunch break saying that this will be the last day i'm working with this guy I have had enough, if I am scheduled with him next week I will not be coming in to work. Within the hour he had called me and told me in confidence that the CEO of the company is flying across the country to deal with it on Wednesday. Apparently this had been planned for a while and he couldn't tell me. He let me know and told me to keep my mouth shut about it. But he didn't want me to quit before this happens.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
He probably has dirt and they want him to sign a departure agreement. Do what your bosses' boss says.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Seems a little strange a CEO of a national chain would fly across country to handle a firing.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If my sales weren't being stolen I would be making about $1,100 every two weeks for basically folding clothes.

The thing is if I quit today and he gets fired tomorrow I would never forgive myself.
2,200/month if things are "good"? This sounds like not a job worth trying to save except you liking the laziness of it. Like that's equivalent to any $12/hour job which are plentiful these days unless your in fucking detroit or something. Whether you work to further/advance your career. (When I was making that money, trying to have a baby blows my mind,) Or even just find any other unskilled line of work making the same pay.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
His boss is Gay too, they could have been dragging their feet on it all this time to make sure all their ducks were in a row before firing him to ensure there was nothing to bite them in the ass about it alter.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Ill definitely keep you guys updated.

I was told today that the ceo will be cunducting interviews with each individual staff member and I believe our sister store.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2,200/month if things are "good"? This sounds like not a job worth trying to save except you liking the laziness of it. Like that's equivalent to any $12/hour job which are plentiful these days unless your in fucking detroit or something. Whether you work to further/advance your career. (When I was making that money, trying to have a baby blows my mind,) Or even just find any other unskilled line of work making the same pay.
To clarify a couple things, yes I think quiting before finding something else crazy. And slightly better pic now that I read post expenses. Being canada I dont know if cost of living in your area makes it better. But I'd still vote moving on unless someones going to make you manager.

A lot of people think even with fairly hard evidence that management can get thrown under the boss. Theres a reason dilbert commons excist and strike a common cord. All my friends that are programmers and IT, myself in my field of work, right now my wifes work environment. Shitty people generally are better at whining and making a bigger stink than the legit worker reporting a legit problem. All too often the higher ups are shit bags themselves and so youll see action never taken at best, or at worst, either sweeping policy changes that hurts everyone, everyone but the perp fired/punished/sidelined, etc etc.

Like in your situation unless you had a cop walk in mid drug deal you could sic on him, generally sadly (and as long as it took me to learn) rocking the boat has like a 1/10 of a happy ending.

The way you paint it, I am kinda excited to know if this is one of those 1/10 times if president or whatever coming (depends on size of co.)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Seems a little strange a CEO of a national chain would fly across country to handle a firing.
I thought it strange as well. If I was the CEO I'd just fire both of them and move on with my life. Not sure why it requires a CEO's personal intervention and presence to fire a store manager. There has to be more to this than maybe even Grumpus knows.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
CEO's probably coming down to ask the manager why the fuck an employee is emailing the CEO of the company

Tenks

I don't think he emailed the CEO he emailed what sounds like a district/regional manager

Tenks

I'm fairly certain the CEO gives absolutely zero fucks about a semi-FT employee and his grievances against his manager. But it may just be one of those straws that broke the camel's back deals where the regional manager has had problems with this store manager for a while but his hands are tied in firing him.