Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
So awesome! This gives me more time to think about whether i want to play p99 again. Shieeeeeeeeeet.

Heallun, come play Nost with me, bby, i miss you <3
:| I've been so busy. Also, been playing some pillars when i could :p

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's completely crazy that Daybreak is linking P1999 news on EQ login screen.

This seems like a case of economic suicide is being committed.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What do they have left to lose? Anyone who is interested in p99 is already playing or has tried it.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What do they have left to lose? Anyone who is interested in p99 is already playing or has tried it.
No there are a large number of people interested in a classic server that won't ever use unofficial servers like P1999. Well until today when Daybreak decided to acknowledge them and then posted that acknowledgement to every single person logging into EQ.

What they have to lose is a large segment of existing customers. Damage could be very strong with the large stream of returning but very casual players that is constantly occuring in EQ.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Rogean should take this opportunity to open a new P99 blue server with Kunark unlocked and Velious unlocking in August.

Needless

Toe Sucker
why would he do that? then they have to manage two groups of borderline sociopaths, man i feel sorry for these guys' passion lol

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
You definitely cross that border when you've got people smashing homemade maces into old ladies heads and people waving guns around in parks before shooting themself.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
why would he do that? then they have to manage two groups of borderline sociopaths, man i feel sorry for these guys' passion lol
Because I'd play blue if it wasn't such a topheavy server
frown.png

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Project 1999: Where the party guests shit in the cat's litter box and complain the host made them do it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I may as well post this in here too, anybody ever randomly get DC'd then unable to login to the server select at all? just seems to constantly time out all of a sudden

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Someone give me a quick rundown of the state of this, what's unlocked, what's coming, population etc?

Got kinda interested in the new official progression server, but the more I look in to it the dumber it sounds so thought this might be an alternative.

Someone give me a quick rundown of the state of this, what's unlocked, what's coming, population etc?

Got kinda interested in the new official progression server, but the more I look in to it the dumber it sounds so thought this might be an alternative.
classic & kunark, velious aug 2nd.

that's it, forever.

Grivyn

Molten Core Raider
Having spent 3 years in EQ from release and being away from it since, jumped in the deep end onto P99 Blue from scratch and call it nostalgia but damn its refreshing to play a MMO that doesn't spoon feed content to you and has ramifications for screwing up. It's been a longtime since I've felt a sense of accomplishment in reaching a single digit level like I have in getting to 5. It maybe the rose tinted glasses I have on as I relive popping my MMO cherry all over again 15 odd years later, but considering its free and looks and plays exactly how my "fond" memories recall i'm more than happy. Primary reason for playing was to experience Lower Guk again which to this day I consider the best zone I've ever played, granted the community feel in this zone as players camped the various spawns for hours on end highly contributed to it's feel.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
classic & kunark, velious aug 2nd.

that's it, forever.
Does it have the current live hand to hand issues and caster spells doing insane damage, or is it closer to classic values? IE, are mage pets gonna solo bosses etc.