Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Neno

Lord Nagafen Raider
Used to play on blue a lot but moved across the world right before the sky patch and only came back here and there to check out RoK. Basically my play window is from 8am till like 5pm EST. Would it be worth coming back and getting from 54-60 to try and join a raid guild?

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
eyepatch will be so easy to get on p99 after the initial rush of mains camping for themselves. dat MQ
Storm feather mq is going to be outrageous. No clue if lodizal will be fte or a tranix situation of a permanent sock.

Storm feather mq is going to be outrageous. No clue if lodizal will be fte or a tranix situation of a permanent sock.
nm non MQable

rrr_img_91873.png

Needless

Toe Sucker
There a big difference in having 170ish charisma over 200+ for an enchanter? wondering if i need to swap out a couple int pieces for charisma

Nulolan

N00b
I am pretty sure lodizal is at least level 60, its been a very long time but i'm almost positive he conned white or yellow at 60.

nvm read that wrong, oops.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
stormfeather will be 7.5 min corpse. Lodi will have the long timer, 28 mins or something
You think they wont camp it. batphone you/log you in. and not have a list below you that will pay for it if you are not available? Do you even p99? 7.5 mins? thats 6 mins more than they need. This is Everquest.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
especially since there's a port to iceclad. corpse will be right at the port in point.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
There a big difference in having 170ish charisma over 200+ for an enchanter? wondering if i need to swap out a couple int pieces for charisma
200 is a big number for Charisma from the tests that have been done (much like all the other stat soft caps), diminishing returns after that.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Cha does shit on p99 as much as it did on live. It goes by npc level, your level, npc magic resist then your cha. Just go with Mana/Hps/Int items. Most enchanter items have cha on it anyways, so I wouldn't go out of my way to add 7 cha over 55hps/55mana etc. Sit there and do a test. Charm something 50 times with low cha, time each one till it breaks, then do it with cha items on. There will be such a negligible difference one way or the other, and the choice of maxing hps/mana becomes easy.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cha does shit on p99 as much as it did on live. It goes by npc level, your level, npc magic resist then your cha. Just go with Mana/Hps/Int items. Most enchanter items have cha on it anyways, so I wouldn't go out of my way to add 7 cha over 55hps/55mana etc. Sit there and do a test. Charm something 50 times with low cha, time each one till it breaks, then do it with cha items on. There will be such a negligible difference one way or the other, and the choice of maxing hps/mana becomes easy.
As someone who played a chanter, this contradicts pretty much everything I have read on P99. If you are Charming, the magic number to shoot for is 200. After that is the diminishing returs that you are describing. After 200, go for INT.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
You will have 200 cha with normal enchanter gear from hate and self buff or damn near close to it. This is why I said focus on the hp/mana items. I played an enchanter also, and reading shit people post on p99 is just as retarded as the player base can be. You should also almost have 200 int as is with the same gear. Why focus on int if it gives like 2 mana per int or something dumb past 200 int, as compared to a pure mana/hp item?

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Surviving a charm is key if you are going to charm murder everything, HP are key in almost every class build.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Surviving a charm is key if you are going to charm murder everything, HP are key in almost every class build.
I played a P99 chanter too etc, etc...

Did a TON of research and testing on the subject and can say the primary factor in Charm LENGTH is level disparity. Very little else (other than luck) affects Charm length.

Charisma is still pretty useful though, because Charisma affects both Charm and Lull RESISTS. The better your Charisma, the less likely a mob is to resist an initial cast of Charm/Lull. This said, once I got to 160+ Charisma, I found that I got few resists with either Charm or Lull.

To this end, those who are saying focus on other things are pretty much right- your natural Chanter gear will net you enough Charisma to get you to where you need to be naturally.

Just started Brewing to prep for the Coldain ring... i legitimately do not think my wrist can handle tradeskilling any more. What the fuck.. i got old.

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
I started a Druid about a month ago and am having a blast. I usually play P99 in one window and EQ Live in another window, though I'm running out of shit to do in EQL. Anyways, my Druid has brought back all of my old memories of playing a Druid back in 2000 when I started in highschool
tongue.png
. Two things to note: kiting is way harder than I remember. Root breaks like a bitch and doesn't stack with snare. Any advice on this? I don't get animal mr debuff until 48. And number 2, Druid tracking really blows as it's capped at 25 at the moment. I guess it doesn't get bumped to 125 until Velious :/

Other than that I'm chillin in loio killin dem iksar skelly's.