Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The most official thing I heard was he doesn't just want it on pirate bay or otherwise for open download.

Rather, everyone can apply and he'll hand out a few copies and then as servers die off and people want to make one again, he will give one out.

Merquise_sl

shitlord
Anyone want to trade some plat on P1999? I have a bunch on Povar Quellious, I'd be willing to trade for P1999 plat. I'm starting out there.

HorrorFK_sl

shitlord
Me and a friend started a PAL/ENC erudite duo. At level 5 we jumped ship and ran to Blackburrow for gnoll fangs. We have not separated yet, meaning we've been there for every tick of exp and same amount of fangs looted. After turning in 2 stacks of fangs, I came out 75% into level 8, as he came out 26% in. I'm glad he didn't choose Troll SK..

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I remember some of those penalties in early EQ were fucking brutal. Hence they removed them around Velious? Maybe Luclin?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_25502.jpg

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
ETA given on this? Also, after reading how the server is all RMT/corrupt, is it actually so bad? Like for a new starting toon, is it even worth playing on here?

Tol_sl

shitlord
Seriously, how can it be that terrible? I started a druid when it first opened, got some decent items in every slot, and then was done. How does an RMT market even thrive in that setting, I mean, its an everquest private server. We all know exactly what to camp and how to get what we want, and the EC trade tunnel was hopping when I played. I haven't played in years, but I feel like people have to be exaggerating that shit because what is there to possibly need in EQ aside from like, manastones and other no longer purchasable items.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Seriously, how can it be that terrible? I started a druid when it first opened, got some decent items in every slot, and then was done. How does an RMT market even thrive in that setting, I mean, its an everquest private server. We all know exactly what to camp and how to get what we want, and the EC trade tunnel was hopping when I played. I haven't played in years, but I feel like people have to be exaggerating that shit because what is there to possibly need in EQ aside from like, manastones and other no longer purchasable items.
And things like fungi tunic, necklace of superiority, which have a high bar of entry (camped by high end raiders in solo or duo scenarios (people have figured out how to solo him by now I imagine?))

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Server is beyond corrupt. Its worth playing to the point of maybe wanting to be competitive end game. Once you hit that level, you can either A) Join established top guild, or B) Resign yourself to 2nd teir status.

The PvP server is horribly corrupt, and only someone that has to wear a helmet would not see it.

That being said, they are good classic versions of EQ, but you will never be competitive unless you hop on the bandwagons. And for the amount of time it would take to level and get the nostalgia, you could just play on any other EMU server, and use the porter to go where you wanted with 100X exp and play the game solo.

Or go back to the live servers, get a merc, etc.

Either way, they are good to roam around on, and I wasted more than my share of time on them before I ran into the RMT kings of P99's EC Tunnel, and saw all the insane decisions made regarding the R99 server.

Zithax

Molten Core Raider
Any idea on the timeline proposed for SoV launch for p99?

On another note, if you noobies see Zithax hanging around EC tunnel shoot me a tell and I'll toss you like 500p or something if it helps you.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Server is beyond corrupt.

Either way, they are good to roam around on, and I wasted more than my share of time on them before I ran into the RMT kings of P99's EC Tunnel, and saw all the insane decisions made regarding the R99 server.
I'm curious if you've realized the fact that RMT has existed since literally day mother fucking 1 of live EQ. I must've sold over 50k worth of EQ related stuff over my entirety of playing it and never once had a problem doing so.