Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
They'd need to keep creating new Classic servers that start over every couple years or the single server will get so top heavy that it will kill itself.
This is precisely what they need to do. With server merges, it's not that hard to keep a rotation of 1 old server, 1 new server, merge, rinse, repeat. Would keep things fresh, fun, and would make content accessible to everyone (did not mean to make that rhyme).

Siliconemelons

yeah, there is going to be even more inflation at the top end with the new agreement- I am surprised at what was finally given so props to Rogean on not just doing what he wanted to do and formulating some other solution with the staff.

I hope the "tier 1" guilds can play nice so when velious drops it is "normal" - if there are 3-4 repops a month on top of normals in velious that will be sooo much loot flowing in lol

Gecko_sl

shitlord
yeah, there is going to be even more inflation at the top end with the new agreement- I am surprised at what was finally given so props to Rogean on not just doing what he wanted to do and formulating some other solution with the staff.

I hope the "tier 1" guilds can play nice so when velious drops it is "normal" - if there are 3-4 repops a month on top of normals in velious that will be sooo much loot flowing in lol
I'm not sure how you are seeing inflation, when I see the reverse? Once Velious drops item values will plummet. Likewise, with one guild not monopolizing so much Kunark content <in an unneeded fashion> likewise things will lose more value.

Anyways, this will never be a classic experience simply due to the amount of ridiculously overgeared characters, many belonging to the same guild. What they need to do is wipe red and make it P99 Blue2.

Siliconemelons

Not neccecaraly price increase, but availability increase.

One thing about EQ was that raid items / high end items where - in general rare... with this many repops etc... the rare is WoW rare. meaning...not rare. But it is how the server wants to go- thats cool... I just am along for the ride- and Velious will be fun either way- the ice land offers much, even in non-raid content.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Sure, more availability increase will happen. But the availability of items is already sky rocketed higher than classic ever did, due to being in the same expansion for far too long, endless poopsocking and farming of items, etc. There's been enough fungi tunics looted to swim in them, but it's still a high value item.

When people on this server BIS a toon, they just make a new toon and BIS it. T1 guilds have a lot of members getting epics for their second, third, fourth alts. The server is what it is. It'll be fine - in-demand items are going to stay that way.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Part of the problem is this server has no valid actual supply and demand dynamic. People pay 100k for a Fungi because that's what the wiki tells them to do.

It really is a crappy environment with artificially inflated prices and the sheep dynamic. Prices in original EQ were what people could get for an item. Now, prices are set by the dirt merchants in EC.

The other thing is there are people who have millions of plat sitting in their bank accounts. Plat had value in classic. It really doesn't as much here, again except for RMTing due to the artificially inflated prices that people for some reason are paying.

I have noticed there are fewer and fewer buyers in EC, so it's just a matter of time before the nostalgia effect wears off most people and this server goes back to being a good chunk of casuals, a few merchants, and a ton of wannabe ubers who missed or miss the original EQ experience trying to recapture the glory days sitting in EC auctioning off their warez.

As soon as the EQ Mac population realizes how bad the raid environment is here, I imagine the server pop will plummet.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Fungi is high because it's a god-tier item for every melee class for leveling and almost required for a Shaman. It's been rising steadily because you can go 16 PHs without seeing a King much less a Fungi, and because everyone and their mom is making Shaman/Rogue/Monk alts.

On Live classic most people didn't min-max so much, people actually played hybrids and people actually grouped with them. But because of the knowledge we have of classic EQ we know that if you aren't playing a Warrior/Cleric/Ench/Shaman/Rogue/Monk/Bard/Wiz (in Velious) then you are at a disadvantage. Mages/Necro/Druid will have places in Raids in small numbers but you don't want to stack as many as you can like the other classes. SK/Pally/Ranger (except for tracking raid targets) may as well not exist until Luclin.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like a shit sandwich TMO and previous guilds forced on the server and are now having to take a big old bite. Enjoy it TMO you earned every bite.

Siliconemelons

Sounds like a shit sandwich TMO and previous guilds forced on the server and are now having to take a big old bite. Enjoy it TMO you earned every bite.
Roughly trippling the amount of "raid mobs" spawned per month tastes like shit? eat up server eat up...with at least 1/3 of that sammach is reserved for BDA... I mean "t2" guilds.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Hilarious. I wonder how long before the next IB/TR or DA or TMO comes along, and you're all bitching about your new common foe, thinking back to the good ol' days when "this didn't happen" and "everything was better"?

All of this has happened before, and will happen again.

Siliconemelons

Hilarious. I wonder how long before the next IB/TR or DA or TMO comes along, and you're all bitching about your new common foe, thinking back to the good ol' days when "this didn't happen" and "everything was better"?

All of this has happened before, and will happen again.
The people that have seen it happen try and tell people that this "shitty raid scene" was not made by TMO or any one guild and that it is a never ending cycle and struggle... but they wont listen, nor usually do they stick around to see it themselves /shurg oh well.

Xasten_sl

shitlord
The key difference here is that the developers have finally put in a system that completely segregates the hardcore from the casual. The average player now has a reasonable chance to meaningfully participate in the end game via the "protected" repops. They're protected in that each guild may only bag a certain amount of kills per a repop, and that they'll be announced ahead of time so that non-batphoners can adjust their schedules and actually make a raid at a reasonable time.

It's actually a pretty damn good system. The biggest complaint that I see is that people are angry that the Tier-1 guilds simply haven't been punished enough, but the friction between the factions should be considerably lessened soon.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
No but 2 years of extreme poop socking has brought you to this current situation. TMO was hardly the first guild but it was the main guild for the last 1-2 years.

Achtung

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This whole thing turned out way better than I expected. Instead of rationing the pie, they significantly increased the size of the pie. This would be a problem in an ordinary situation and EQ timeline, as it would lead to inflation, but P99 is already massively inflated due to the extended Kunark time period. i expect that almost everyone will be happy for quite a while, with the exception of perpetual grievance bums like BdA who always have their hand out for a freebie.

Siliconemelons

VP was locked, GM trolololoolllll

I dunno if it got opened, I checked back once a few hours later and it still was locked... who knows... those dragons in there be breeding- watch out!

Siliconemelons

Apparently, shortly after the serverwide raid suspension was lifted - all mobs where de-popped and VP was kept locked and closed.

A-Team killed VS
Europa killed Sev

then things got despawned...

I havent heard why, or anything from GMs etc...apparently someone got ban/suspend for petitioning asking wtf?

BDA go apeshit they lost a FTE to A-Team on VS or something? lol

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
How quaint- so whats all the depoping and no word whatsoever from any GM guide etc going ons all about?
Rogean disappeared around 5 yesterday, and apparently he is the only one who has manual ability to repop mobs.

Supposedly they wrote a script to automate repops on simulated patch days each week, and it didn't work. Previously, Rogean had popped mobs manually when there was a "simulated patch day".