Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Siliconemelons

It's really pretty chill anymore Xad. No zee / ecce causin issues. Alarti's awful fucking quiet without his old pals. Sentenza too, surprisingly.
Glad things are setteling into a normal state. I think the biggest thing will be combining the dkp/attendance- but that is all kind of meaningless if vel is a fresh start... I really have no say in anything as I have been gone all of this year.

My 35 troll shaman I bought with plat a few days or so before account trading was banned was hit in the RMT busts- GMs said it was a few owners past that did it- I offered info on who i bought it from etc. But my SK and Pally are all clean- as they should be as they are my actual ground up accounts :p

I am glad they are attempting to keep up with the RMT bans etc

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4 days since patch, still like this..
rrr_img_63518.jpg

rrr_img_63519.jpg

rrr_img_63520.jpg

Oort_sl

shitlord
Started a toon a few days ago, sure shit this feels like the original Ever Quest. As a total noob I drowned (could not figure out how to swim up, of course), died like 5 times before making level 2. Still having a lot of fun, will probably stick to this until EQN.

I've noticed that number of players in prime can reach 1,100. Is the server population currently growing or shrinking?

Pizoi

Golden Squire
I'd say it's probably growing at bit, either that or people are coming out of the woodwork due to Velious getting closer to release. They just banned 600 characters (or was it accounts?) a few days ago in a big RMT sting, so there will be a lot of low level characters leveling up because of that too.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
population is definitely growing... i started playing here in june 2012, and i never saw the population hit 1,200 until the last month or two.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
there was a pulling technique called Invis Pulling that got nerfed. invis pulling technique required two people...

character 1 would start casting invisibility on character 2
before invisibility is done casting, character 2 starts casting an agro-causing spell on the mob you want to pull (damage spell, stun, debuff, didn't matter as long as it generated agro)

invis would land, then the pull spell would land.... character 2 would remain invisible, the mob you were trying to pull would come, and since character 2 was invisible social agro would get broken and none of the fungi king's minions would come along with him.

it was an oversight, was never that way in classic afaik... technically an exploit IMO, but the staff never gave anyone flak over it, and they took forever to actually fix it...

it really did mess with the economy... tunics are lore, so you'd see the people at fungi camp have a pile of corpses at seb entrance so they could corpse bank their tunics. there was a time when the same handful of people had the camp locked down for very long periods of time.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
there was a pulling technique called Invis Pulling that got nerfed. invis pulling technique required two people...

character 1 would start casting invisibility on character 2
before invisibility is done casting, character 2 starts casting an agro-causing spell on the mob you want to pull (damage spell, stun, debuff, didn't matter as long as it generated agro)

invis would land, then the pull spell would land.... character 2 would remain invisible, the mob you were trying to pull would come, and since character 2 was invisible social agro would get broken and none of the fungi king's minions would come along with him.

it was an oversight, was never that way in classic afaik... technically an exploit IMO, but the staff never gave anyone flak over it, and they took forever to actually fix it...

it really did mess with the economy... tunics are lore, so you'd see the people at fungi camp have a pile of corpses at seb entrance so they could corpse bank their tunics. there was a time when the same handful of people had the camp locked down for very long periods of time.
As someone who pulled about 1.5m from the fungi camp hide pulling ..../whistle

That said, the camp is still trio'able but requires actual effort now. No more AFKing half an hour between pulls, pull 300k out of the camp while playing maybe an hour of actual gameplay, lol.

That said, Ragefire is still easy ass money (assuming you've got a 60 shm or a donals bp) and are willing to pay eyes-bleeding attention to the screen so you don't get pearljacked. COF still sitting at an easy 130-140k and clr epic MQs a solid 60k (and a full cleric epic MQ is pretty low effort, heart is only real time limited piece, if you corpse like 6 hearts you can bang out 6 epics in a day or so depending on gimblox ring availability). Sometimes get a bonus COF from ixi, too :p

edit: Also, demon fangs. People are still paying 40-50k for these and it baffles me. Apparently eejag / gwan / trunt / xenovorash fight is worth 40k to some people, when these are all duo'able mobs (with donals bp and gearedish warrior, bonus points for shaman assist on xeno but not needed).

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Invis pulling can be done solo quite well on several classes.

Throw item, hit hide before item lands, hope its a good one.

Bard throws item while casting invis, if item lands after invis finishes, all is fine.

And so on.

Coming from a top end guild on live, I was baffled by the level of the average player on P99. "hey lets sit inside the FM giant fort, xp modifier is higher there.."

5 mins after some idiots died and I /qed. I even tried to tell the guy that sitting inside the fort was a bad plan, and that xp was a zonewide thing. To no avail. The average antonius bayle player was 10x beter then P99 "elite".

I made 8 RMT purchases from platlord, account still untouched. Yay me
smile.png

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Invis pulling can be done solo quite well on several classes.

Throw item, hit hide before item lands, hope its a good one.

Bard throws item while casting invis, if item lands after invis finishes, all is fine.

And so on.

Coming from a top end guild on live, I was baffled by the level of the average player on P99. "hey lets sit inside the FM giant fort, xp modifier is higher there.."

5 mins after some idiots died and I /qed. I even tried to tell the guy that sitting inside the fort was a bad plan, and that xp was a zonewide thing. To no avail. The average antonius bayle player was 10x beter then P99 "elite".

smile.png
Average p99'er is stone cold retarded. Good people on the whole, though, just not good @ games :3 Invis pulling fails now not because of being able to invis on cast, but rather, mobs will still assist the invised mob. I had something worked out for DA / rez box pulling, but mobs still finish their casts even when miles away. NOT CLASSIC! :p

Chakravartin_sl

shitlord
Yeah I noticed mobs having infinite range on their spells in progress. Gating half way across the zone only to be killed by a hail mary nuke was funny

Also, if you're low on health and have dots on you, zone. you don't lose any XP for some reason

Morph_hammer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rolled an Enchanter on blue called Morphi, got to level 4.

This is the EQ I remember, took me like 5 hours to get to lvl 4, dead broke so no money for spells. No maps, gotta find yer own way. Always watching yer back to see if the griffon is coming to rape you. Excellent.

Met a friendly dude who gave me like 400 plat, so at least I can afford some spells now.

Holla at me in game and we'll camp some orcs and shit

Fifey

Trakanon Raider

smile.png
Claims p99 Elite are shit players, yet level 30 and buying plat. Sounds legit.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
there are some P99 staff members that read this forum btw, Punko. you should hope there's no papertrail from your RR account to your P99 character's name.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
Hit level 40 on my rogue yesterday, still not 100% sure which guild I'm going to end up applying to. I've had a few people approach me from some of the smaller guilds, but I really want to raid Velious so I think I'm still leaning towards Azure Guard.

Anyone know how the new AC spawn works in sro? Some boots would certainly make my life a lot easier, but I can't seem to find any answers. I know that it only spawns at night now and can spawn anywhere in the desert, but should you bother killing any of the mobs that weren't normally ph's? Like spiders and snakes and pumas and shit? I've spent a few night cycles there and have seen a few giants but that's about it.