Project 99 - Green Server announcement

That's one part missing from the classic experience

Random and fairly frequent LDs

10 people going LD on raid mob engage too

Always happened

It DID always happen. I am betting we have repressed how often too. Servers would crash. Zones would crash. People would go LD especially during mass operations. It was nightly. Remember setting up chatrooms in the chat lobby during crashes? My guilds would also before hitting a boss like trakanon, buff people then have them log out to a chat channel, then fingers crossed all log back in, reform groups quickly, and attack before anything glitched.

As to mages, my personal opinion is during classic era, mages were not the most in demand group members, and classic eq was all about the group grind. Mages at lvl 50/60 were almost exotic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm on there dominating at Enchanter atm

At the employed pal rate but still 34

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

This timeline just looks depressing.

1 year of classic is a hard, hard pill to swallow. On the TLPs most people dont make it 2 months. It's going to be 2 months before we even get plane of fear.

I'm actually kind of interested to see how kunark will be with 5 months of no epics.

All casters will be leagues ahead of any melee with all their 60 spells, within a month of kunark dropping, while melees will have 3 months to get their epics before velious drops.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
And none of that ez mode EQlive crap where epic pieces drop before epics are introduced.

This is classic eq.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not even a level 50 yet.

Well that's a testament to the difficulty of a brand new truly classic server. Really surprising, actually. I'm sure at least a few people are taking turns playing characters nonstop in shifts. I wonder how long it took for the first character to hit 50 when Live released back in 99. I have vague recollections that it was a cleric but I can't be sure.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
First first? Not really. In a premade the Enchanter tends to die at least a little bit more than the other members of the group over the course of leveling.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i was there for the first tlp... Where everyone ragequit in velious and just for the record fuck Xygon and RoI btw... Are any of the like original foh crew looking to tear p99 gréen up? Or am i dreaming dreams and ppl like vernal and us ollllld foh all lost and never to return?

The very last of us played some of the last TLP but every iteration of a server more old school people stop playing. You can only do the same shit so much, after 4 times you have to be ultra bored or brain damaged to repeat this shit.

vanix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The very last of us played some of the last TLP but every iteration of a server more old school people stop playing. You can only do the same shit so much, after 4 times you have to be ultra bored or brain damaged to repeat this shit.
Idk about the tlp servers and their very non classic experience but p99 population has been very high, with decent folks just shitting in socks like you would not believe.. Its honesty a better experience than anything live has achieved in 20 years. Its not a speed round like the tlp was its probably far better than live ever was. I like it its the only game i play and rogean really just is my Jesus these days idk

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree P99 is better than the TLPs and the closest thing to live there is but being stuck in velious is boring imo. Especially when you’ve done it again already it just gets stale quick. Plus I’m too old to be raiding 3 nights a week for hours or more doing the same content for the 5th time +++

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I know I was a noob back in 2000, plus not really hardcore but not a casual either. Btu it took me a better part of 5-6 mos to get to 50. I think I started when Kunark was out, so xmas of 2000? But a fresh server that just opened for xmas. And I did not get to 50 well after Velious was out.

But back then no one gave a shit because the journey was cool. Now none of this shit is fun anymore.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user