Project 99 - Green Server announcement

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Spell recast with a clicky only works with top slotted spell on p99. Needs to work on all of em.

Bolts, dark night times and bard stacking need to happen too. Toss that pet window and quit cucking down.

Maybe one day.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I think you all should start getting hyped about Green99. Truly the most classic EQ experience we are likely to see in our lifetime. Not a exaggeration.

And for all you (us) pvpers out there, Rogean has been quoted as saying something is in store for Red99 too. And I mean quoted in the last 48 hours.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Dark Men of Odus (DMO) is recruiting for green

Erudite male only

I catch u with an ale in the library, toss you out so fast ur carmine turban spin

No staff or terrible players allowed

Last edited:

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think you all should start getting hyped about Green99. Truly the most classic EQ experience we are likely to see in our lifetime. Not a exaggeration.

And for all you (us) pvpers out there, Rogean has been quoted as saying something is in store for Red99 too. And I mean quoted in the last 48 hours.

I had the truly classic experience 20 years ago, did you miss that?

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Edit -- move along, nothing to see here

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
oh fuck

finally a home for my Winston Zeddemore tribute i still haven't gotten around to since dreaming him up

View attachment 224684

[1 Paladin] Winston <Dark Men of Odus>

fuck yeah

brb planning out how to quickest make my way from Odus to Guk for that clutch Ghoulbane that this Ghostbuster obviously needs.

Bustin makes me feel good

Welcome xxxx (edited also lol) (if u can get the name)

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Reserve the name on blue, names are unique regardless of blue/green

Oh it's probably taken ages ago on Blue haha. I think maybe I got it on Red tho, hm. Don't have P99 installed again yet to check.

Dragonaut

Molten Core Raider
I was briefly tempted to play, but then the thought of 1k+ poopsocking retards confined to two endgame dungeons and like 10 worthwhile solo camps made me curl up into the fetal position and wish for death.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they end up doing what they initially said they would do with green and blue, you'd be better off just waiting until the second or third wipe/rerelease of green before bothering. The ridiculous crowds will be seriously thinned at that point.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
If they end up doing what they initially said they would do with green and blue, you'd be better off just waiting until the second or third wipe/rerelease of green before bothering. The ridiculous crowds will be seriously thinned at that point.

In three or six years?

Or instead of trying to win the server, fight others for froglocks and firegiants and poopsock at 50, just enjoy the ride and make alts to enjoy the population and grouping in a wide variety of dungeons that usually get no play.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
No idea what their rinse and repeat timeline is. Are you quoting server staff or just guessing? That would be kind of a long timeline, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I stopped playing blue years ago when I found myself waiting in long lines for everything. Fuck that. Very little in life is worth long lines- especially long lines in a fucking video game.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
No idea what their rinse and repeat timeline is. Are you quoting server staff or just guessing? That would be kind of a long timeline, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I stopped playing blue years ago when I found myself waiting in long lines for everything. Fuck that. Very little in life is worth long lines- especially long lines in a fucking video game.

At a minimum the server is going to go through the original patch timeline to the end of velious, they said this. Then after the last patch is out, sometime after that they will blend the server into blue and start a new green. So yes, a minimum of three years.

Here is a quote from one of the lead developers:
Green Lifetime
The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again. This merge will not happen until at least 6 months after the last patch in velious (No earlier than January 2023).

Sounds better to me then the yearly shitboxes known as TLP daybreak pumps out.

I hear you when you say its not worth waiting in long lines and camps. That is why I am really waiting for red99 to get the green treatment, which is basically what is planned after they have the non-pvp green99 launched and running. Classic fresh EQ and with pvp instead of lines. Will be much more fun. Still plan on playing on green99 at the end of the month though, ill just avoid the retarded camps and enjoy the casual ride until the fresh red99 launches.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, the more I thought about it, the more a 2-3 year timeline made sense. Plus Rogean is thorough, but notoriously slow.

I might have to come out of retirement for a green version of red. One of the best part about playing pvp live was no lines or "calendars" at all.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
In three or six years?

Or instead of trying to win the server, fight others for froglocks and firegiants and poopsock at 50, just enjoy the ride and make alts to enjoy the population and grouping in a wide variety of dungeons that usually get no play.

This might sound like crazy talk, but not as crazy as anyone who tries to play this server doing anything BUT this.