Project 99 - Green Server announcement

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I made an iksar, I need to figure out how to get to EC I think

Just do /w a lot and /w druid/wizard all and eventually you'll see a druid or wizard in either field of bone or emerald jungle and just ask for a port. Most will be willing to do it for free. Just make sure you don't forget to bind in Freeport tho.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Fuck this is brutal. Took me 30mins to find the bard guy in freeport.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I noticed that =/ /melody still casts but cant string. Just kind of annoying since i'll end up making macros to do it anyway if I keep playing.
In P99 you can use:
/stopsong
/cast 1

That will make casting songs feel a bit more natural as you'll be able to interrupt with one keypress, not two.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
In P99 you can use:
/stopsong
/cast 1

That will make casting songs feel a bit more natural as you'll be able to interrupt with one keypress, not two.
Yeah already got some of those made. Luckly i'm only level 6 so not having to worry about too many songs. On the upside while running the mail quest in the HE city I ran into a troll/necro waylaying guards and managed to get hooked up with an almost full set of ringmail and FS weapon.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Yeah already got some of those made. Luckly i'm only level 6 so not having to worry about too many songs. On the upside while running the mail quest in the HE city I ran into a troll/necro waylaying guards and managed to get hooked up with an almost full set of ringmail and FS weapon.

They unnerfed bard kiting a bit from 4 mobs to 25 so if you know how to do that, it's your best way to level by a long shot. It's quite easy to learn honestly if you don't know how, especially once you get the level 18 song.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
They unnerfed bard kiting a bit from 4 mobs to 25 so if you know how to do that, it's your best way to level by a long shot. It's quite easy to learn honestly if you don't know how, especially once you get the level 18 song.
Oh I know how. Remember pulling all of..mons lat? one of those luclin zones. Crazy xp and super fun until you hit the wrong angle and the swarm hits your FOV. Loading screen before you even see your health move.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Oh I know how. Remember pulling all of..mons lat? one of those luclin zones. Crazy xp and super fun until you hit the wrong angle and the swarm hits your FOV. Loading screen before you even see your health move.

Ya heh. Decent place to start is NK and just swarm every wisp you can find, there's lots of em. Can make a ton of plat while you level to like 13 then can hit orc highway just gotta avoid the priests.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Made a Wood Elf bard the other day just because I haven't started in Kelethin in forever... (always been a Qeynos > Blackburrow > Bandits kind of guy) but even playing Agnarr as hard as I did, nothing is quite like Classic EQ.

Wish I could find some druid buffs time to time ... lol. I want to get to 20's asap. Padual Caverns is a hard habit to break too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Torpor mechanics being investigated. I wasn't a shaman but never saw them solo with torpor like they do here. Then again as a wizard I wouldn't really be small manning with one. If you know either way, drop some experience or knowins.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I definitely remember shaman soloing WW dragons back in the day. I never played one though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Interesting reading that torpor thread. Sounds like it did have a mana drain component for some time, perhaps by accident.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Which one of you tried to cyber this ho?

Untitled.png

rad

Lord of Guk
I never recall taking a mana hit from torpor - farmed WW in era as a shaman.

There isn't much you can't tackle if it can be slowed.

• 1Like

kemuel

Lord Nagafen Raider
Has anyone actually tried boxing on Green/Blue server, I have the IP exemption and my wife no longer plays. I'm not sure how they would 'catch' me unless I did it so blatantly and got reported? Do they run and scripts to detect movement or anything?

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
No, but when I did play on red I was married and my wife did photography. Had an exemption but wife didnt really play. Started to PL a monk on 2nd account by parking her account w/ druid in corner at a PL spot and would just tell her "1, 2, 3, 4 etc" which meant she needed to tab over to eq and hit that button for my buffs or heals and then she could tab out and keep dicking around on the internet or working. Got to about lvl 45 on the monk before we got reported. I dont think she even used a mouse on her work laptop so she failed the "test" they gave her. Both accounts banned. Luckily had hardly put any time into those chars who got banned, compared to when they banned me on blue.

• 1Picard

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whatever theyre using in the background to catch ShowEQ etc. I think also tracks if multiple instances of the client are running on the same PC. I had a hiccup with that recently where I was trying to fix something on g/f's account while I was still logged in in a group somewhere else and they noticed it within minutes of me logging into her account. Boxing kind of defeats the purpose of being social, so it's understandable why they enforce it. I believe its one of the main reasons why the population has stayed as healthy as it has for the decade the server(s) have been around.