Project 99 - Green Server announcement

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think they are stuck on it? I believe RoZ successfully made the jump to some Faydwer expac client? That's a Jeremy or Burt question tho
It will always be a Frankenstein version of classic emulation unless it is using the trilogy client as the base.

EQ Classic would have been the holy grail and it was so close too but it turns out Yeahlight was a retard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It will always be a Frankenstein version of classic emulation unless it is using the trilogy client as the base.

EQ Classic would have been the holy grail and it was so close too but it turns out Yeahlight was a retard.

Oh ya I was there. That Harakiri dude was a maaaajor faggot too.

WHAT A SHAME THO. Yeahlight had it minus copying in the npc placement, pathing and quest scripts.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
This is the late stage extra innings Velious

Need fresh green per timeline, stamina mechanics, with small light sources adjusted down + classic bard stacking

Go after bolts and forced marble UI/texture files for the third iteration

At the end of the day they should be able to point to this project and be like yes, this is an emulation of classic everquest
Dude why the fuck don't you just play survival games since it seems like that's the kind of game you want. It's like you want EQ to be irl or some shit. Wtf is wrong with you?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I want it to be like classic EQ? Its a project to emulate a classic EQ server?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I want it to be like classic EQ? Its a project to emulate a classic EQ server?
Classic EQ is mostly complete garbage and you want to bring back the absolute worst aspects of it. Why not learn to code and do it yourself?

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Damn you got my hopes up for a custom server.

Shakes fist!

As great an expansion as it was I always thought that Kunark and the Iksar were woefully underdeveloped compared to the potential in their lore.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Damn you got my hopes up for a custom server.

Shakes fist!

As great an expansion as it was I always thought that Kunark and the Iksar were woefully underdeveloped compared to the potential in their lore.

I'm hoping the new server when it's finally announced has some wrinkle to it. I don't plan on playing on it unless it does.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Classic EQ is mostly complete garbage and you want to bring back the absolute worst aspects of it. Why not learn to code and do it yourself?

I can code. But the content work (setting up pathing, npc placement, all the day and night time mobs, loot tables, quests,
CORRECT faction hits....) alone was what ran Yeahlight off (that and us demanding it, walking if it wasn't pure classic) who I think is more talented than everyone in this thread combined.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I can code. But the content work (setting up pathing, npc placement, all the day and night time mobs, loot tables, quests,
CORRECT faction hits....) alone was what ran Yeahlight off (that and us demanding it, walking if it wasn't pure classic) who I think is more talented than everyone in this thread combined.
Ok then stfu and stop crying about such shitty insignificant aspects of classic EQ.

• 1Worf

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just want a new server - fresh start - with no class/hybrid penalties and maybe some more interesting loot tables, like the "mischief" server on the official TLP. That would spread people out and make so many more zones get used. Classic for 8 weeks, Kunark for 8 weeks, then Velious. One last trip down memory lane before I never do anything EQ ever again.

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone ever heard of people trading in there items they won from a GM event for something else?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm now an Epic Shaman! I got my epic tonight and earned it with my guild. Good times!

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally got the will to try EQ again. Just not sure if I really want to play a warrior again, I don't miss not being able to gate/solo.

Thinking maybe Bard, enchanter, necro. Any OG Quellious people still around?

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Yeahlight really is brilliant. He used to be my roommate and watching him at work was pretty insane at times. I remember helping him test a bunch of the old EQClassic stuff when he first started working on it.

• 1Mother of God

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yeahlight really is brilliant. He used to be my roommate and watching him at work was pretty insane at times. I remember helping him test a bunch of the old EQClassic stuff when he first started working on it.
What happened to him? It just seems totally insane that he did thousands of hours of work on EQClassic expecting SoE to tell him he had permission to emulate. The other story I heard was he wanted to do custom content, another idea which would obviously fail.