Prometheus (Alien 0) - 1 Year Later

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
How do you feel about Prometheus cosplay?
h3yEzwr.jpg

Metabaron_sl

shitlord
Prometheus is just a re-imagining of some of Jodorowskys ideas. The "engineers" are in the "Final Incal" comic, where they have mechanical faces, which open up to reveal a wide eyed skull that sprays a jet stream of toxic gas which mutates and melts the person. No Jodorowsky=no alien, matrix, star wars, blade runner, william gibson books, flash gordon. the list goes on and on about what he inspired.

Column_sl

shitlord
Well be fair it was more then Jodorowsky, it was Moebius, and other concept artists.
You are referencing the legendary storyboard that was created for the Dune movie that never came out.

Honestly I never liked Jodorowsky, His movies are just images for drug trips imo. He borrows heavily from fine artists of the era.

I've read both Metabarons, and the Incal , and wasn't impressed. They have cool art, but that is about it.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I watched "Jodorowsky's Dune" a few weeks ago. I was not very impressed.

His comments about raping the novel where LOL.

"You need to open the costume and rape the bride. I was raping Frank Herbert! Raping! But with love."

Column_sl

shitlord
I thought all that shit with his kid was pretty extreme, and he even says he wished he wouldn't have done that later in the film.

The Son didn't seem that distraught about it so it's all perspective I guess.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought all that shit with his kid was pretty extreme, and he even says he wished he wouldn't have done that later in the film.

The Son didn't seem that distraught about it so it's all perspective I guess.
Are you kidding me? His son is a ninja. I wish I could put my son through the same training that his kid went through.

Oldbased

> Than U
Well ok, so it has been 2000 years since the Engineers were last seen and 1 was alive in hypersleep.
Something had to happen to them cause they never finished the mission right? Robot dude also said there were many more ships, each with potential 2k old pissed off wrestlers in them.
So they nab a ship and go to their homeworld which they are extinct from cause in 2000 years no dudes came to find out what happened to dudes sleeping.
Instead of aliens they find ISIS and bomb the shit out of the planet for oil.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Found this shiz to be pretty damn interesting

I answered this question two years ago, but since then a lot has been revealed about the plot for Prometheus by Ridley Scott. The following comes from various sources that I've read.
?
At the start of the film. Illustrations of figures pointing to the stars implies this was a message from the Engineers. Ridley stated in an interview that there is nothing in the film that indicates these figures were Engineers, and the pointing could have been a warning not an invitation.

?
Ridley says the early planet shown at the start where an Engineer sacrifices himself was not Earth, nor does it indicate if it was a historic reference or present day.

?
Ridley Scott has said in an interview that the reason the Engineers wanted to destroy Earth (specifically mankind) was because Jesus Christ was an Engineer. The Engineers made man, man went bad so they sent an Engineer to try and fix the problem. We crucified the Engineer and apparently they didn't like this.

There are many other controversial topics related to the film, but I decided to only reference the things that came directly from Ridley.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Found this shiz to be pretty damn interesting
Ridley Scott has said in an interview that the reason the Engineers wanted to destroy Earth (specifically mankind) was because Jesus Christ was an Engineer. The Engineers made man, man went bad so they sent an Engineer to try and fix the problem. We crucified the Engineer and apparently they didn't like this.

WHAT?!? that has to be fake

Jarnin_sl

shitlord

WHAT?!? that has to be fake
Nope.

Movies.com_sl said:
Movies.com:You throw religion and spirituality into the equation for Prometheus, though, and it almost acts as a hand grenade. We had heard it was scripted that the Engineers were targeting our planet for destruction because we had crucified one of their representatives, and that Jesus Christ might have been an alien. Was that ever considered?

Ridley Scott: We definitely did, and then we thought it was a little too on the nose. But if you look at it as an ?our children are misbehaving down there? scenario, there are moments where it looks like we?ve gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, ?Lets? send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it. Guess what? They crucified him.
This has been going around since Prometheus came out. It's been kept low-key because of the various Christian groups that would go ape-shit for Scott/FOX calling Jesus an alien. I mean, remember when the DaVinci Code came out and you had practically every Christian and Catholic group in existence denouncing the film because that movie said Jesus was married? Same thing would apply here. So it'll be a Lindeloff dangling thread that never really gets answered, but isimpliedthrough dialog.

It all boils down to Ridley Scott originally wanting to make an ancient aliens film (because he apparently believes in that stuff), and FOX wanting him to do another alien movie. They both made concessions and Prometheus is what we got: A movie about ancient aliens that is loosely tied to the aliens franchise, but its notaboutthe alien franchise.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ffs....now i know why the movie is horrible.
Ridley Scott went full retarded. Do not care about FOX's idea, he should have told them to fuck off

elidib

Vyemm Raider
No, Fox should have told Ridley Scott to fuck off.

The movie could have ONLY been worse if he stuck a bunch of Jesus was an alien shit in it and tried to shoehorn in a bunch of religious explanation for all of it. If Fox had hired a competent writer and director to actually make a real Alien prequel, we could possibly have had a good cohesive movie about where the xenomorphs came from, what the engineers were actually doing carrying them around in their ship, and how the engineers got overtaken by them and crash landed.

I have zero hope for Prometheus 2 to be any good without xenomorphs because now it's definitely going to be some stupid pseudo-intellectual religious shit about the engineers being man's creator, jesus being sent here to guide us, blahblahblah. Does that honestly sound like a good movie to anyone?

Just like George Lucas, Ridley Scott has let it go to his head that he is a brilliant movie-making genius who can do no wrong.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I just got around to watching Prometheus. I wish I hadn't listened to the Internet hate caucus when it first came out because it is one of the better movies I've seen in years.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed it. I also readily picked up in the religious themes. I don't understand how people didn't get it. That being said it could have been better still.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It isn't as bad as some people make out, but it isn't great either. Just another meh film from Ridley Scott's late period.

How could he miss the mark so badly as to think people want more of this engineer shit, or ugh this christian fanfic shit, than the Aliens that made his career and engaged the public imagination for like 3 decades? These fucking directors man, they get in their bubble when they get this wild success and completely lose touch with the rest of humanity.