Prometheus (Alien 0) - 1 Year Later

spronk

FPS noob
the name of the movie is just wrong, in china they put in the right name and its classified as a comedy

prometheus_ver8.jpg

Antagonist_sl

shitlord
They're just really upset there were no predators in it. They know they will sound like retard neck-beard fanboys if they cite that as the reason. Best to just ignore I guess.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Well they did miss a chance in having a relative of Ripley in it.

Think about it, it could have been put in quite easy. One of the spaceship's crew, a basic spanner turner, nothing special but there on the mission. The same career that a grand-daughter might follow. And just have it as the briefest of references where the crewman's name gets called out and responds with a line that is similar to one that we've heard 'our' Ripley say. And some point where we hear he has a wife and some kids at home. So when he dies it all still works.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
They're just really upset there were no predators in it. They know they will sound like retard neck-beard fanboys if they cite that as the reason. Best to just ignore I guess.
yeah i mentioned earlier that all these tards are butthurt that there werent any xenomorphs in this, totally missing the point of the movie

Arakkis

N00b
Part of the reason I found it so offensive, is its a creationist sci-fi movie.

Whats her face is a female Ken Ham. Its what if someone decided to spend 50 trillion dollars on the worlds first scientific mission into deep space to look for the origins of life... And decided Ken Ham should be the lead scientist, on this project. But, then doesn't actually address this insanity. It believes it itself.

Like, you watch Contact. Contact expressly deals with crisis of faith. Its one of the plot points. You can watch that movie, and it doesn't really take a side.

This movie however, was written by a creationist, without the slightest understanding of science, or evolution. so, explanations of the crazy aren't given. They are presented as if, they make total sense.
lol this fucking post. I'm sorry no one took the bait here, but this really is a thing of beauty.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I must have been reading this thread too much

Here I am watching it again ( right now as I type this ) picking all the details and shit again. Why?

Dude just took his helmet off in the chamber despite being told not to. Fuck it I've had enough, switching off now.

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
I must have been reading this thread too much

Here I am watching it again ( right now as I type this ) picking all the details and shit again. Why?

Dude just took his helmet off in the chamber despite being told not to. Fuck it I've had enough, switching off now.

because people always do what they are told to.

you people are fucking dumber than what you accuse the characters in the movie of being

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
the helmet thing is one of the least intellectually offensive parts of the film, bud. still retarded though.

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
im amused by the fact that in a movie where people travel to an entirely new world, are faced with the realization as to who the true progenitor of humanity is, encounter cosmic horror and confront the possibility of extinction of humanity as well as their own - these people are expected to act 100% rationally all the time by a bunch of armchair neckbeards who can barely travel off their fucking couch.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I don't think people expected them to act 100% rationally, just not 100% retarded. It's a big difference.

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
nah, theyre nitpicking on everything thats done after these fat fucks get to sit around in their lazyboy for 8 hours and think of the optimal choice in regards to every situation and then type it out with their fat greasy fingers.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
because people always do what they are told to.
It's more than just him being told to not take the helmet off. They tell him not to take the helmet off which he ignores, which is the icing on the cake of his stupid choice.

He's the Anthropologist on the mission - Anthropologist or whatever his area is, basically we know him as the guy who's spent his career digging for signs of early human contact. Whatever field he's in, it's sure that he would be the least knowledgeable in understanding atmospheres and environmental hazards. The crew are loaded with experts in different fields for a reason. And he's the one who doesn't have the experience here, that's where I have the problem.

He takes a read of the display on his wrist computer. Says some line to the effect of 'They've made the air in here breathable". Then goes to take his helmet off, the people around him say No. There's even a radio message from the ship that they realise he's about to do it and need to give him warning also.

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
It's more than just him being told to not take the helmet off. They tell him not to take the helmet off which he ignores, which is the icing on the cake of his stupid choice.

He's the Anthropologist on the mission - Anthropologist or whatever his area is, basically we know him as the guy who's spent his career digging for signs of early human contact. Whatever field he's in, it's sure that he would be the least knowledgeable in understanding atmospheres and environmental hazards. The crew are loaded with experts in different fields for a reason. And he's the one who doesn't have the experience here, that's where I have the problem.

He takes a read of the display on his wrist computer. Says some line to the effect of 'They've made the air in here breathable". Then goes to take his helmet off, the people around him say No. There's even a radio message from the ship that they realise he's about to do it and need to give him warning also.
So whats the problem? His character is being painted as rash and excitable and that action is in line with what his character is.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You keep bringing this up, and it's been pointed out why it rustles jimmies a couple of times. I can totally get on board with super healing nanites or whatever they want to explain how she isn't down for days (instead of minutes). But the movie shows her barely able to walk... and then she proceeds to jump, climb, and run. Maybe she just goes hard until it rips open then the super healing kicks in and patches her back up enough to do the next vault?

It's the inconsistency that's more patronizing than the lack of explanation for space magic healing.
I keep saying it because it is true and people have half a memory about what happened. After having the surgery, she immediately bolted out of the room. Now you're getting into how long to magic technology takes to kick in, or to what degree her super advanced healing is at after n minutes. The whole debate is stupid. It is a non-issue in the movie, you're looking for some kind of answer to a problem you made up in your head. Saying it isn't consistent is silly. What is your baseline for that? All the futuristic surgery recoveries you have witnessed on alien planets with technology you don't even have an inkling of understanding of?

To me, stuff like this seems like people just jumped on the bandwagon and decided all the good stuff to hate on had been picked, so they started picking this kind of menial shit and blowing it up.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i watched it again on netflix. what was the point of the movie again. i think i may be either too dumb or too smart.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Gotta say, excellent troll job. Thread was started just shy of a year ago(4-30-13) and here we still are.