Pruning the Politics thread for massive improvements, An experiment. (long read)

Implement the final solution by a skeleton

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I'm usually several hundreds pages behind in Politics thread (and that, even with skipping a few hundred every now and again). I do agree those 4 posters are disingenuous in a lot of their posting which makes shit frustrating. But outright banning? Isn't that what infractions are for. If they keep trolling and earning infractions, won't it sort itself out?

The problem is, being a disingenuous liar is not against the Forum Rules. I tried that route.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
I honestly believe Xeq gets a bad rep. He reminds me of chaos before the election. It's not that he's disingenuous (usually), it's that he vastly underplays the issues we point out, while vastly over selling the issues that are counter to that. He also has a tendency to latch onto one or two points and argue those into the ground without taking in the full context of the issue at hand (much like chaos did), specifically when a couple of the resident shitposters post that we should just kill illegal immigrants, xeq will then spend the next couple hours about how much this "conservative forum" advocates for "genocide".

Scream just comes in waves, I've said it many times in the political thread, it just truly amazes me how easily he pulls people into his troll sessions, and beyond that it's staggering how long he pulls them off sometimes. Several times I've checked the politics thread from work, came home, went to sleep, and catch up the next day and the last 24+ hours has been a non stop post session from Scream pulling people into his argument. It's impressive in a way, mostly annoying, but impressive. Beyond that, outside of political threads, I personally find Scream very entertaining.

Lend has basically the same shtick as he's always had, pretend to have a limited grasp of english while also pretending to have a larger understanding of US law/The Constitution/whatever than he actually does. It kinda reminds me of what snopes has turned into when it comes to politics.

Tolan, Fuck this racist commie, bitch ass should've been banned a long time ago.

• 7Solidarity
  • 5Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 14 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
@a_skeleton_02 50 post a week is less than 10 post a day, that is way less than 1 post an hour.

You are telling me with a straight face, that 1 post an hour is too much for you to handle. On a thread constantly polluted with link and zero content/thought from the posters, a behavior that mostly get the liberals guy banned btw; you are complaining that we post.

Ok tiggles, look at my history of posting for the last two weeks and find an instance where I am trolling people.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
^ this guy fucks.

If I wanted to read twitter ill be on it. Now I'm fucking forced to hear about nobodies complaining abut stupid shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just make more OPTIONAL side topic threads if you wanna focus discussion and have it manageable. Banning every liberal from politics is fucking retarded. If the thread moves fast, it fucking moves fast, skip or skim or ignore posters or something.

PS only Tolan is more annoying than a_skeleton_02. Lend misconstruing laws, Xeq hung up on a side comment, and Scream flexing his nuts are all less annoying than the awkward fat neckbeard flirting with lesbian posts.

• 2Ice Burn
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Tolan

Member of the Year 2016
<Banned>
I honestly believe Xeq gets a bad rep. He reminds me of chaos before the election. It's not that he's disingenuous (usually), it's that he vastly underplays the issues we point out, while vastly over selling the issues that are counter to that. He also has a tendency to latch onto one or two points and argue those into the ground without taking in the full context of the issue at hand (much like chaos did), specifically when a couple of the resident shitposters post that we should just kill illegal immigrants, xeq will then spend the next couple hours about how much this "conservative forum" advocates for "genocide".

Scream just comes in waves, I've said it many times in the political thread, it just truly amazes me how easily he pulls people into his troll sessions, and beyond that it's staggering how long he pulls them off sometimes. Several times I've checked the politics thread from work, came home, went to sleep, and catch up the next day and the last 24+ hours has been a non stop post session from Scream pulling people into his argument. It's impressive in a way, mostly annoying, but impressive. Beyond that, outside of political threads, I personally find Scream very entertaining.

Lend has basically the same shtick as he's always had, pretend to have a limited grasp of english while also pretending to have a larger understanding of US law/The Constitution/whatever than he actually does. It kinda reminds me of what snopes has turned into when it comes to politics.

Tolan, Fuck this racist commie, bitch ass should've been banned a long time ago.
Racist?

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
If we ALL have to put specific people on ignore to enjoy a thread and have actual discussion then why the fuck are these specific people even allowed in the thread? Fuck 'em all.

• 4Like

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
That would be actual censorship, It is easier to remove 3 problem posts than punish the 100s of others that have been guilty of falling for their bait.

you're just a part timer in the thread can't make demands to ban people, weak.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I support permabanning a_skeleton_02 from the politics thread for the insufferable crybaby faggotry of this post.

• 10Worf
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 10 users

Cybsled

This thread should be pruned and put in the rickshaw compost heap.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I love this. It’s abou time we stamp out the infection at it’s root instead of treating symptoms.

Sure, we could all put those 5 on ignore. That’s never going to happen. Giggles has proven their presence creates an environment in which they steed and dominate the thread and keep it from its intention.

Sure, all the people who dog pile them are being potatoes. I take the bait a lot myself, across all my different name changes. But what’s more realistic, removing 5 for a test week to see results for the greater good of all, or expecting hundreds of users to ignore these faggots.

Politics gets the same posters, but I have to imagine a lot more would dive in if they didn’t have to wade through hundreds of shit posts, and trying to read Lendarios legumer English.

I get the point about censorship. Let’s give it a week and see what giggles metrics say.

Then we could try a week where we police the response so to them. Any response to lendarios just insulting him without a legit response would net a 24 hour thread ban. Then compare the weeks.

I’m sure you will find removing the 5 baiters will be more effective.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'll say it again, I'lltake those chromosome smugglers and potatoes over people who post random nobody Twitter posts with zero context or discussion of their own added

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.