Pruning the Politics thread for massive improvements, An experiment. (long read)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Implement the final solution by a skeleton

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'll say it again, I'lltake those chromosome smugglers and potatoes over people who post random nobody Twitter posts with zero context or discussion of their own added
6801.24716611.20130903090138.png

• 15Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 15 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I honestly believe Xeq gets a bad rep. He reminds me of chaos before the election. It's not that he's disingenuous (usually), it's that he vastly underplays the issues we point out, while vastly over selling the issues that are counter to that. He also has a tendency to latch onto one or two points and argue those into the ground without taking in the full context of the issue at hand (much like chaos did), specifically when a couple of the resident shitposters post that we should just kill illegal immigrants, xeq will then spend the next couple hours about how much this "conservative forum" advocates for "genocide".

I agree with us. We dogpiled chaos out of this thread under the simple premise that the SJW and trans stuff was not only on the internet. We were right, and that's been proven, but it sadly did run him out, and I don't think he's ever admitted he was wrong.

Even I admit that I'm wrong with both sides are bad. Fuck that mess. The left are the ones batshit insane at this point.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
and edko too, and picasso and a bunch of others.

The only people that are left are those who have a thicker skin to being called a potatoe on every post. Your guys MO is simple, you called someone "disruptive" and then cry until they are banned from the thread.

We only censor people who are "disruptive". It is hilarious to be honest.

• 4Like
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
and edko too, and picasso and a bunch of others.

The only people that are left are those who have a thicker skin to being called a potatoe on every post. Your guys MO is simple, you called someone "disruptive" and then cry until they are banned from the thread.

We only censor people who are "disruptive". It is hilarious to be honest.

Picasso is a troll and always has been, Edko humiliated himself almost as bad as Brando but was actually embarrassed enough about it to slink away instead of sticking around to keep parachuting in with bullshit.

Keep trying.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I think it might be good to break down this thread a little bit.

We have a (possible) problem identified: The Politics Thread moves too fast

So far, we have a couple of possible solutions outlined.

• Spraying roundup on the forum's potatoes.
This violates several forum rules, and may not even work to significantly impact the rate of politics thread expansion.​

• Pruning the thread of random tweets with no other content.
This is well within the purview of moderators trying to keep a thread on-topic, IMO at least. There might be some other types of posts that might be good candidates for other threads.​
A larger question is: Does the politics thread REALLY move too fast? Sure, it does move fast, but TOO fast? It could be argued that a fast moving politics thread is a sign of a healthy forum.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
You mean the bet edko won about the indictments about the russian thing?

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
If only you could make it so that if I have say Tolan on ignore, it will also ignore the posts in reply to him.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>

This violates several forum rules, and may not even work to significantly impact the rate of politics thread expansion.​

This is well within the purview of moderators trying to keep a thread on-topic, IMO at least. There might be some other types of posts that might be good candidates for other threads.​
A larger question is: Does the politics thread REALLY move too fast? Sure, it does move fast, but TOO fast? It could be argued that a fast moving politics thread is a sign of a healthy forum.

You have a political Meme Thread,
"This is where you can just post memes nonstop to your heart's content. "

Enforce it. Put there the memes.

• 1Salty

Tolan

Member of the Year 2016
<Banned>

Define random.

• 1Salty

Kaines

Potato Supreme

Define "content".

A word? A sentence? A paragraph? A Lithose Lithose ?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I'll say it again, I'lltake those chromosome smugglers and potatoes over people who post random nobody Twitter posts with zero context or discussion of their own added
I gotta disagree on this one. Those posts don't derail a thread for fucking HOURS sometimes. Maybe the Twitter posts are annoying but they're quiet about it at least.

• 3Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'd define random in the context of a twitter post as:

It makes the reader say to themselves: "Who the fuck is this and why should I care about their irrelevant opinion?"

I'd define content in this context as: Thoughts/opinions of the poster in relation to the linked content/tweet. As in, they're not just dropping a tweet, they're dropping a tweet and then posting what they think about it, why it's relevant, what it's relevant to, etc.

Both of these things could be solved by the poster saying who it is that they're tweeting (assuming it's not obvious), and what they think about it/why it's relevant.

EDIT: I hope these posts don't come across as laying down the law here. We're just having a discussion :)

• 2Like
  • 1OK, Sure

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I gotta disagree on this one. Those posts don't derail a thread for fucking HOURS sometimes. Maybe the Twitter posts are annoying but they're quiet about it at least.
Who cares? At least the "derails" are discussions and arguments by members of the forums, just not a pages full of random tweets posted by a nobody fhat half show something

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.