Pruning the Politics thread for massive improvements, An experiment. (long read)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Implement the final solution by a skeleton

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The members in question plus any currently thread banned members should not have their vote counted Araysar Araysar please consider that when tallying the vote.

If the ban outright fails I suggest a forced avatar option that informs the user that these people are known agitants and that interacting with them may resault in actions against your account.

If someone wants to go on a multipage diatribe with someone with the marked flair then they would deserve a suspension.

It would be a good compromise and I know the forum has the technology to do so.

You got it.

The final solution plan is now only losing 6 - 27, instead of 6 - 30

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The real problem is that this forum is way more autistic than even an average gaming forum, let alone random political discussions. We are people who after "only" 9 straight hours staring at a lord burgurgle ph would brag about how lucky we got when he spawned.

One moment people are @ ing 5 different shitlibs as a gotcha, a page or two later there are salty tears when one of them responds. Then 20 pages of autistic refusal to stop trying to reply. Even ignore hitting quites and @ tags won't really work because of how many people are just snide side commenting, or a few posters will have a novel with that quite&reply just a small part of it.

The "it's easier to just ban a few tards than the dozens who reply" doesn't work. There will always be tards, and if allowed, autists gonna autism. IMO just let politics stay a high energy FFA and if you don't like it you can git out. Or learn to skim.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Terrible thread. Rickshaw yourself, a_skeleton_02.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tolan

Member of the Year 2016
<Banned>
The members in question plus any currently thread banned members should not have their vote counted Araysar Araysar please consider that when tallying the vote.

If the ban outright fails I suggest a forced avatar option that informs the user that these people are known agitants and that interacting with them may resault in actions against your account.

If someone wants to go on a multipage diatribe with someone with the marked flair then they would deserve a suspension.

Something like this?
1529329589954.jpeg

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
It's apparent that some of you have been touched blessed by the 'tism. Some more than others.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
It is never going to stop. The list of people who generate the most replies will just keep shifting.

You can remove all five of us, and then it will be Tuco, gavinrad, a_skeleton_01, or Araysar the ones getting bombarded with replies.

It is because the problem is not us, but the austics on the other side who are incapable of having an interesting political conversation among themselves.

Then they all want their post in of calling someone stupid, or actually direct mentioning the lib team, and to put the icing on the cake, then they complain about the thread being disrupted by the lib team.

One of the most frequent spammers straight up admits he is not here to talk politics, not interested in debate, but to spams posts from twitter, and that is somehow OK.

• 1Salty
  • 1Comrade
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Wow, I'm fucking rolling here. There's a problem in that the majority of the Politics thread is just white nationalist bordering on straight out nazi's circle jerking to whatever tilts people that don't agree with them? The answer then is to fucking ban people that don't agree with the circle jerk similar to what Araysar already did wrongfully to me? Aside from a handful of threads this whole fucking forum is turning into a bunch of pussies that sit and whine that their fucking life is somehow being affected by people that want to push a different world view than their own. If this is an actual viable answer to the Politics threads problems then just fucking shut this whole shit down. Nobody outside of this small circle will remember or fucking care and there's plenty of other places to go jack off to owning libs, browns, lesbians or whatever else you fucking hate on the internet.

We just want to be more progressive

• 2Worf

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd be in favor of 2 threads then. One for everyone and no mods other than really egregious shit like spam posting or similar nonsense. One that you need to not be retarded as judged by whomever we trust to judge such things. I think people will settle down. But i'm one who can't keep up with politics on this board so don't go by me.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I'd be in favor of 2 threads then. One for everyone and no mods other than really egregious shit like spam posting or similar nonsense. One that you need to not be retarded as judged by whomever we trust to judge such things. I think people will settle down. But i'm one who can't keep up with politics on this board so don't go by me.

The moderated thread would have no traffic.

• 2Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Did you had a car to build or something?

LEARN ENGLISH YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKER

Can we have a vote to ban Lend pendign a ESL class completion?

tiggles is dum

Your wife is getting fucked by a Bro-grammar while you work on EQ Mobile, Your opinion matters not.

The Nazis had flair they made the Jews wear.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Not reading 9 pages to see if someone already said this.

The political thread has a problem, but the solution is *not* bannings or thread bannings or any nonsense like that.

The problem is trying to make one thread for all political topics. (Whats next, one thread to discuss all movies and one thread to discuss all MMOs?)

The solution is - and I know this is a crazy idea - if people want to discuss a particular topic, they could start a thread about that topic instead of saying "hey this has something to do with politics, lets put it in the political thread!"

• 2Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
LEARN ENGLISH YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKER

Can we have a vote to ban Lend pendign a ESL class completion?

Your wife is getting fucked by a Bro-grammar while you work on EQ Mobile, Your opinion matters not.

The Nazis had flair they made the Jews wear.

Great minds and all..

• 1Barf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There should be no censorship aside blatant spamming and stupid bait posts over and over. Everybody should have a voice, whether left, right, center, this is what makes a good politics thread and arguing back and forth sometimes makes the hours go by on a boring ass work day.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Bans should only happen under extreme circumstances. If tolan goes on one of his drug-alcohol induced tirades of 9 posts in a row with nobody giving an answer, then he should probably go on a time out.

I've said before that the politics threat would be boring without the dead horses to beat around. It's the mist effect. Good opinions look better when bad opinions look worse.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
There should be no censorship aside blatant spamming and stupid bait posts over and over. Everybody should have a voice, whether left, right, center, this is what makes a good politics thread and arguing back and forth sometimes makes the hours go by on a boring ass work day.

That's what I'm saying, they are bait posts over and over.

• 1Solidarity

Tolan

Member of the Year 2016
<Banned>
Bans should only happen under extreme circumstances. If tolan goes on one of his drug-alcohol induced tirades of 9 posts in a row with nobody giving an answer, then he should probably go on a time out.

I've said before that the politics threat would be boring without the dead horses to beat around. It's the mist effect. Good opinions look better when bad opinions look worse.
That event was already debunked.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
That event was already debunked.

It's okay, tiggles goes on drug induced benders too. If you guys actually talked, you'd probably be friends. Exterminating lesser races is good for the environment if you think about it.

• 1Like
Status
Not open for further replies.