(PS4) Days gone. Q1-2019

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
One thing. The director, well he was one of the best dynamix ever had. And, made betrayal at krondor.

Fun fact of the day. (Well, art and design)

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Betrayal at Krondor was awesome. I used to play that at my highschool girlfriend's house. Her mom had a nice PC. Mine was a POS and couldn't even handle the game. #coolstory

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Haha yeah I was playing that thing on 5 frames per second on a Packard Bell 386 SX-16.

Szlia

One thing. The director, well he was one of the best dynamix ever had. And, made betrayal at krondor.

Fun fact of the day. (Well, art and design)
To be fair, John Gavin is one of the 8 people credited for graphics/artwork in Betrayal at Krondor, so his contribution to the game is, as far as we can tell, not huge. He is one of the main force behind the Syphon Filter serie though, along with Days Gone's co-director Jeff Ross (I have not played them all, but those I played were pretty damn good - I remember a super cool mission where you hear a negotiation going south on your communication device, so you have to hurry to get in a position where you can see the people involved and snipe one before he kills someone else). These two were also involved in the pretty well received Resistance: Retribution on PSP and Uncharted: Golden Abysss on Vita. Decent references in my book!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I plan on playing it. I don't know if it will be day one but if it has solid reviews it will be. I hope Utnayan Utnayan didn't jinx it and its like Horizon Zero Dawn. I hadn't even heard of that game till after it released. Sony seems to be pushing for a solid story for their games lately so lets hope this one doesn't disappoint either.

Days Gone: Inside the New Story Trailer
Stuff like this from the article give me high hopes... "We’ve always said that Days Gone is a narrative driven, open-world action game. We emphasized narrative driven because it’s a big game with a big story. The last time I beat the game, focusing only on the main storylines, it took me a little over thirty hours to complete. And I can tell you, it is quite an emotional journey." John Garvin Creative Director, Bend Studio

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That is what I am looking forward too the most. A good solid story :)

Unlike the upcoming "The Last of us Two - Gone Home Lesbians reunion party in Zombieland."

Not that I care about any of that if I am being honest, I am just tired of that shit being hamstrung in by SJW developers.

This one is going to rock. A fucking Heterosexual Biker in a zombie apocolypse. Makes me want to go play Full Throttle again.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I don't know. I have high hopes for Last of Us 2 also. Naughty Dog hasn't disappointed me yet.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I don't know. I have high hopes for Last of Us 2 also. Naughty Dog hasn't disappointed me yet.

Yeah. However, they hired a bunch of idiots from Bioware Montreal. That is what has me most concerned.

Also, Bruce Straley was behind ALL their good games as director, and he's gone.

Uncharted 1 and 2 and 4, Last of us 1 and the DLC.

That's basically what made them.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Naughty Dog is full of SJWs, however...so far they haven't let it affect the quality of the writing/games. As long as Last of Us remains dark, ultraviolent, etc, I'm ok with it. We'll see!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Unless they have done a 180 from the few trailer we have seen, I think the violence will be there. I think what has people concerned, Ellie being a lesbian, will it be an overbearing role in the story and just a small tidbit of information? Hopefully, they don't try to force feed a love story to the majority of the player base who cannot connect with said story.

My guess, Ellie finds out the truth and hates Joel meanwhile she is struggling with her sexuality and starts to feel for someone who somehow dies, sending Eliie over the edge. Although, that seems very simple and would need some darker plot twists. Hmm... girlfriend sets Ellie up somehow?

Either way, I still have faith in Naughty Dog. I get that Producers feel they need to please both sides of the crowd now but they need to be subtle and not so in your face about it.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I'm no SJW, but I can enjoy a story that puts forth ideas that I don't agree with as long as it's a good story. Happens to me a lot in books, movies, shows, and games.

I guess we'll find out fairly soon, but for now they've earned the benefit of the doubt from me.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Review Embargo lifts 4/25 which is a day before release. You better have not jinx it Utnayan Utnayan !!!

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Gamestop will be running a promo starting with this game where if you buy it and trade it in within 48 hours (of purchase) on the first weekend, you will get $59.99 trade credit instead of the usual $30-40. You still pay the tax, and you don't get a "refund" you get trade credit (which is a refund if you pay with TC) but still basically a way to rent the game without going through redbox/gamefly/etc for 2 days and see if you like it.

Game is supposed to be 30 hours mainline run through so theoretically you could even finish it in that time but thats like some twitch speedrunner shit

I dunno why everyone is doing shit the week of 4/25 -- Avengers EndGame releases, Mortal Kombat 11 releases, and Days Gone too. DG is gonna get crushed under the other two.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Lol the day any game gets crushed by a two hour movie (Of which people will leave and go buy a game) and more buggy ass mortal kombat releases is the day they should end it all as a company.

• 1Like