(PS4) Days gone. Q1-2019

spronk

FPS noob
i'll be buying this and playing unless it gets insanely low review scores, kinda hankering for a SP story game now after division 2 loot grind.

as a reminder if you buy at gamestop this weekend you will have a full 48 hours to trade in for $60 credit, there are pre order DLCs (just some cosmetic shit) you only get if you preorder i think

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Game is going to be epic. Pure epic. Mark my words - and no, no Jinx.

Trust me. 100%.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm doing the Gamestop thing too, but don't quite have enough confidence in the game to take it off my GameFly queue. Most likely I'll get the GF copy on Saturday and go trade it in. Probably not worth paying the tax just to get preorder bonuses (which are early/free unlocks rather than anything unique the way I read it) but I don't want to wait the extra couple days to start it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'm doing the Gamestop thing too, but don't quite have enough confidence in the game to take it off my GameFly queue. Most likely I'll get the GF copy on Saturday and go trade it in. Probably not worth paying the tax just to get preorder bonuses (which are early/free unlocks rather than anything unique the way I read it) but I don't want to wait the extra couple days to start it.

You are going to love this thing.

Believe you me.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The more Ut hypes this, the more concerned I am.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The more Ut hypes this, the more concerned I am.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I was curious about the game, I was never super excited about it.

I watched this yesterday, and it didn't do anything to change my mind. I'll wait on more info, but I am lukewarm at best right now.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Watching how fast that gas gauge goes down on that bike would just make me want to run everywhere, holy crap. Having to scavenge for gas every 10 minutes sounds awful.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Watching how fast that gas gauge goes down on that bike would just make me want to run everywhere, holy crap. Having to scavenge for gas every 10 minutes sounds awful.

The game probably has an upgrade mechanic tied to the bike that makes that less of a pain as you go on. They've said before that the bike is somewhat of an extension of yourself as the very first 30 minute gameplay demo they showed was all about getting parts to get a new bike running again.

• 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Do you suck at console games? Do you want to feel like a pro? Well, GameInformer has the video for you!

Lmao at the comments "I thought I was on IGN"

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
The weather effects look impressive!
Snow and other weather effects will alter how Deacon’s bike controls. Colder weather is also said to greatly impact the Freakers, who become stronger in such climates.
These drastic weather-specific changes to the gameplay experience aren’t exclusive to snow, either. Rain serves as another example, according to the aforementioned blog post. Rainy weather will “dampen” sound in the environment, but it won’t make things a breeze for players. Apparently, the rain draws out more Freakers during the day.

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I feel like devs spend way too much time on shit no one cares about like weather effects having small impacts

• 2Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I watched an hour long gameplay stream yesterday and it reinforced my suspicion that this game looks pretty boring. All he did was scoot around running out of gas (which just seemed like an annoying as fuck mechanic) and then fighting undead every single time he tried to do anything that didn't involve fighting the undead. So basically every encounter was a loss of resources and a total lack of surprise. The mobs are obviously spawned directly around you so there's little suspense or anticipation to an encounter. I understand that maybe the story missions will be better but, even then, what was hinted at did not look super engaging. I feel like this is a cool premise game but the execution looks pretty dull. Was not a day 1 buy for me and likely that won't change.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I wouldn't say "no one gives a shit." I like it. It adds extra immersion/realism to the game. Like in Division 2, when it gets foggy you have to change your play style to adapt (example: forcing a sniper to close quarters) Some people hate it but it doesn't bother me. As long as it doesn't subtract the fun from the game, I'm cool with it.

Also, I know they can only show open world gameplay and haven't touched on the story but so far i'm guessing its a 7/10 game. Its up to the story to carry it the rest of the way for me. If the reviews tomorrow say it has a good story, I will day 1 it.

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I feel like devs spend way too much time on shit no one cares about like weather effects having small impacts

I love when they do this.

Breath of the Wild had weather impacts as well and it changes up game play variety.

What I am looking for with this game is a mix of Far Cry 5 open world, a fantastic story, and the feeling of dread/survival in the world along with resource scavenging and the survival that goes with it. I am not too concerned about early game Motorcycle resources. Upgrades are unlocked based on factions and mission you need to do to unlock mechanics in certain camps - so early on, yeah, your bike will probably suck and only meant to get you out of sticky situations. Over time, your bike will grow with you from resource consumption upgrades, cosmetics, and durability.

I would bet reviews will hover around 8-8.5 or so. Also, dynamic 4k with HDR and the scenery looks like pure gold.

One thing that I didn't like when I watched a game play video was not being able to slide down ladders. In one video I watched (Trying not to watch anything) he went up a tower to scout and then had to walk back down the thing. But there are a variety of ways to tackle missions which I think people will like, as well as Bio-Chem upgrades from the CDC froma personal skill set level, so maybe he learns how to glide down the ladders :) Who knows.

Either way, I took a half day on Friday and will be playing at least 6-7 hours until drunk gaming weekend begins. Friday Day, Days Gone. Friday night, Multiplayer shenanigans. Saturday Day - Days Gone. Saturday night, more drunken Multiplayer shenanigans, Sunday day up until 8pm - Days Gone with a mix of sober Apex. 8pm Game of thrones.

Going to be a kick ass "My wife works nights this weekend" weekend after last weeks invasion of the in laws.

• 2Like