Psy sang about killing americans before Oppa Gangnam Style.

Charles_sl

shitlord
I'm aware of the incident with the poor girls being run over but that doesn't give this guy any right to say the things that he did. Seriously, do you think that Americans didn't apologize for the deaths of those young girls? Does an apology make it better? Does an apology bring them back?

It's a non-issue. Why are American troops in South Korea? Why the fuck do you think that South Korea even exists today rather than being a part of greater Korea or Corea led by Kim Jong-un? Because of Americans you stupid shit. Tens of thousands of Americans died to save that fat little fucks country and prevented generations of suffering for his people.

I don't want to fucking hear it. He should NOT be performing in front of my president.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I'm bothered by the lyrics but he has had to apologize for them. No reason to stop him or start some silly boycott performing a charity event. Maybe this whole event will show how silly the anti-US sentiment is in SK.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Didnt we like liberate their asses in the 50s from communist N Korea and China opression? Yeah we did. In fact the United States of America provided 88% of the 341,000 international soldiers which aided South Korean forces in repelling the invasion from the north. How soon we forget. Fuck him and his donkey dance. If it wasnt for us Americans, he would be in some rice patty slinging rice, gagnam style.

Turkish

Caaaan do
I'm aware of the incident with the poor girls being run over but that doesn't give this guy any right to say the things that he did. Seriously, do you think that Americans didn't apologize for the deaths of those young girls? Does an apology make it better? Does an apology bring them back?

It's a non-issue. Why are American troops in South Korea? Why the fuck do you think that South Korea even exists today rather than being a part of greater Korea or Corea led by Kim Jong-un? Because of Americans you stupid shit. Tens of thousands of Americans died to save that fat little fucks country and prevented generations of suffering for his people.

I don't want to fucking hear it. He should NOT be performing in front of my president.
I'm not saying he SHOULD perform in front of the president, but you're telling me that because we saved their ass years ago that means a musician has no right to be outraged at our servicemen running over two kids and not being held accountable? The two issues are unrelated.

Charles_sl

shitlord
Oh yea, we played a major, major role in what led NK to invade the south. And by major role I mean us and Russia were pretty much the reason the country was divided in the first place, for the first time ever since the time of the dynasties. We fucked that country over way more than we helped them.
Communists would have taken over the entirety of Korea just as they did in China. Thankfully for the Koreans the Americans were there to stop that from happening and were able to prevent countless Koreans from dying and suffering for generations, as they now are in North Korea. If you want to blame a group for what happened to their country being split up then blame the communists. Somehow in your mind you think that Americans are to blame, that is simply incorrect. To see the reality just look at the Chinese Civil War, non-communist Chinese we slaughtered and driven off of the mainland to Taiwan.

How any of that applies to what this guy said in that song is beyond me and makes no sense at all. All of you are saying that past actions don't make for justifications in the present. Well then why is it ok to use those poor girls as justification to kill American servicemen and their families?

Charles_sl

shitlord
I'm not saying he SHOULD perform in front of the president, but you're telling me that because we saved their ass years ago that means a musician has no right to be outraged at our servicemen running over two kids and not being held accountable? The two issues are unrelated.
I'm saying that South Koreans have a lot to be thankful for and a lot of that is possible because of the blood of the very American servicemen that this guy hates.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Once again
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_of_Korea

We may have "saved their asses" in 1950 (and in 1945 - curious that no one mentions this), but the US was directly responsible for what led to the division of Korea in the first place. Korea being divided is avery new thing,and it is directly because of us and Russia. It was one of the many countries we helped to ruin during the Cold War.

Charles arguing with knowledge from his 8th grade history class.

Turkish

Caaaan do
How any of that applies to what this guy said in that song is beyond me and makes no sense at all. All of you are saying that past actions don't make for justifications in the present. Well then why is it ok to use those poor girls as justification to kill American servicemen and their families?
It's not about thinking that what he said is right. It's about understanding that at the time it was an emotional reaction to a situation that made a nation feel deeply disrespected. You know... kind of like how everyone reacts to every fucking thing. Like how many are reacting to finding out about his previous song.

Turkish

Caaaan do
I'm saying that South Koreans have a lot to be thankful for and a lot of that is possible because of the blood of the very American servicemen that this guy hates.
Stop saying "that this guy hates" when it's clear his outlook at the time of writing that song and his outlook today are very different.

And I'm saying what they have to be thankful for and what his song was written about are totally unrelated to each other. We helped save many European countries in WW2. That doesn't mean that if one of our servicemen kills two French kids and is let off the hook that we should expect everyone to be fine with that.

Charles_sl

shitlord
Once again
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_of_Korea

We may have "saved their asses" in 1950 (and in 1945 - curious that no one mentions this), but the US was directly responsible for what led to the division of Korea in the first place. Korea being divided is avery new thing,and it is directly because of us and Russia. It was one of the many countries we helped to ruin during the Cold War.

Charles arguing with knowledge from his 8th grade history class.
I never said anything about the US being part of the reason why their country was divided. I said that Americans are the reason why their entire country isn't controlled by communists today and that Americans are part of the reason why South Koreans have such a cushy life and are able to shop and dance Gangnam style.

Stop saying "that this guy hates" when it's clear his outlook at the time of writing that song and his outlook today are very different.

And I'm saying what they have to be thankful for and what his song was written about are totally unrelated to each other. We helped save many European countries in WW2. That doesn't mean that if one of our servicemen kills two French kids and is let off the hook that we should expect everyone to be fine with that.
I think it's likely his publicists and handlers, along with the big pile of money that Americans have given him, has a much greater impact on his change of heart than anything else. Do you doubt that if he was making millions of dollars with anti-American songs and performances that he wouldn't be doing that right now instead and not apologizing for a single thing?

This is an issue of right and wrong. I agree that it's understandable to be upset about those girls dying, who wouldn't be upset. I'm sure that Americans apologized and try their best to prevent another such incident. Also you should take a look at the lyrics posted. They mention Iraq and torture. Those things have nothing to do with two Korean girls dying in a terrible accident. If anything the death of those Korean girls is being used as an excuse by this guy and his defenders, including those of you in this thread.

I don't care how angry and upset a person is, an accident does not justify wanting to kill innocent servicemen and their innocent families. Arguing otherwise is outrageous.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I find it hilarious that you aren't offended. Consider what Americans have done for South Koreans and their country, let alone what Americans have done for this singer, now consider how fucking hypocritical he is now that he is making a bit of money, he probably lives in LA now lol.
You're right! Ingrate. He should be our fucking slave.

And Mexico and Africa too. Duppin is wrong. You're not a gigantic faggot, you're a cunt.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You're a dumb fuck who either hates his own country or hates the country that has done the most good for the entire world at any time ever.

Fuck off you stupid bitch.
rrr_img_788.jpg

rrr_img_788.jpg

rrr_img_788.jpg

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ooop, here come the Libtards to set everything streight by calling everyone racists. YEAH!