Pussification in America: Political Correctness is Gay

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
All right, I found a compromise.

We've been looking at "psychopath" as a "you either are or you aren't" thing, when in actuality you can be "almost a psychopath". It's very likely that the people I'm accusing of being psychopaths are actually only "almost" psychopaths. Bonus if you read that article: Mitt Romney is a fucking monster!

khalid

Unelected Mod
When you can destroy tens of thousands of lives and not give a shit as you suck caviar out of the assholes of high-end hookers, that's the very epitomy of psychopathy. If these guys were remotely "human", they would never be able to sleep another night in their lives.
If that is your view of the average 1%er, then I would say the problem is your lack of understanding, not theirs.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
If that is your view of the average 1%er, then I would say the problem is your lack of understanding, not theirs.
I never said they suffer from lack of understanding. I said they suffer from a lack of empathy, callousness and complete disregard for anything or anyone else other than their own selfish needs. I may have exaggerated what activities they partake in with hookers, but are you suggesting they don't reap the rewards the suffering they've caused has brought them as they live in the lap of luxury? Come on, man. Don't use my clearly facetious choice of words as a reason to miss my point entirely.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I may have exaggerated what activities they partake in with hookers, but are you suggesting they don't reap the rewards the suffering they've caused has brought them as they live in the lap of luxury? Come on, man. Don't use my clearly facetious choice of words as a reason to miss my point entirely.
What I am saying is I think you grossly exaggerate the "evilness" inherent in the top 1%. I think most people in the top 1% are just doing their jobs, just like us, not wanting to harm everyone. They love their kids, love puppies and don't want to mistreat anyone. They don't wake up every morning wondering how they can squeeze the blood out of poor people so they can use it to buy more blow. In fact, probably many of them think they are doing a great job because they are employing so many people and giving them jobs and a livelihood.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
What I am saying is I think you grossly exaggerate the "evilness" inherent in the top 1%. I think most people in the top 1% are just doing their jobs, just like us, not wanting to harm everyone. They love their kids, love puppies and don't want to mistreat anyone. They don't wake up every morning wondering how they can squeeze the blood out of poor people so they can use it to buy more blow. In fact, probably many of them think they are doing a great job because they are employing so many people and giving them jobs and a livelihood.
See, that's a nice idea, but it doesn't gel with what the 1% are actually accomplishing.
These aren't just "rich" people we're talking about here. The amount of wealth hoarded by the 1% is so astronomically out of balance with the rest of society that it prevents society from being able to function properly. Whether they want to harm everyone or not, they absolutely are, and the only way to be OK with that is by being a psychopath. It's not "evil" in the sense that they don't necessarilywantto harm everyone, but the fact that they are harming everyone won't stop them from continuing to hoard as much as they can get away with. The fact that they can "tune out" the destruction they're causing is psychopathy.

Of course they can still love their kids (you'd better believe those kids are going to be indoctrinated to continue the reign of psychopathy, though). They can love puppies too, although that's not a given (as demonstrated by Romney's "So I strapped my dog to the roof of my car... so what?" attitude). And they probably don't want to mistreat anyone insofar as their purpose isn't explicitly that, but they sure as hell don't let the suffering of people get in the way of their wealth-hoarding.

Triangular_sl

shitlord
Of course they can still love their kids (you'd better believe those kids are going to be indoctrinated to continue the reign of psychopathy, though). They can love puppies too, although that's not a given (as demonstrated by Romney's "So I strapped my dog to the roof of my car... so what?" attitude). And they probably don't want to mistreat anyone insofar as their purpose isn't explicitly that, but they sure as hell don't let the suffering of people get in the way of their wealth-hoarding.
I like your observation skills! I also observed some psychotic behaviour from my son who seem to enjoy hitting people! I taught him to feel empathy!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Triangular is Tanoomba's alt. And really likes using exclamation points.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Complaining about people's stereotypes about Muslim culture while stereotyping the wealthy, sounds like your ego is writing checks that your body can't cash, Natoomba

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Complaining about people's stereotypes about Muslim culture while stereotyping the wealthy, sounds like your ego is writing checks that your body can't cash, Natoomba
First of all, we're not talking about the "wealthy" here, we're talking about the 1%. Big difference.
Secondly, the 1% are not systematically disenfranchised through people's ignorance and racism. They aren't being denied a fair shot at the opportunities life has to offer, they are the ones doing the denying. They are the most powerful people in the world, and their actions objectively make the world a worse place for everyone.

If you have an argument to make, make it. You haven't pointed out a flaw in my logic yet. My ego has nothing to do with this.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
You are in the 1% if your family makes over 500k a year or something. That isn't that wealthy depending on where you live.
First of all, where can you live where half a million a year "isn't that wealthy"?
Secondly, I'd like to see your source for that.
Thirdly, using income as the only measure of wealth gives you misleading results. You have to consider wealth and net worth as well. You're going to get a lot of pro athletes and celebrities in the 1% if you're just considering how much money they make every year, but they're hardly in the 1% of the wealthiest people in America.

I'm sure everyone has seen it already, but take a look at this video and then tell me I'm exaggerating:

khalid

Unelected Mod
Dude, I'm not going to google 1% income cutoff for you. As for 500k cutoff, my brother makes $400kish in California. His house and neighborhood is nothing special being from the midwest.

Anyway, my point is that many of these so-called 1%ers that you hate so much are simply people at finance companies, banks, tech companies, etc that are doing their jobs. They don't wake up in the morning laughing about how many people they fuck over. In fact, most of they are quite happy that they are responsible for so many people being employed, pensions being funded, technology products being produced, etc. Most of these people didn't fuck over millions to get to the jobs that they did. They went to school, got a good degree and started working for a company. Maybe their family name gave them a heads up, maybe their parents got them a good connection, but they didn't shoot some poor people and climb over their dead corpses to get to their position.

Now that doesn't mean the system isn't biased. Of course it is. However, just because it is biased doesn't make the people at the top all automatically psychopath narcissists that laugh everytime they see a poor person. It is shocking that you are so biased in this regard. You see prejudice in many places that it is, which is good, but in this case you need to check your own prejudice.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Dude, I'm not going to google 1% income cutoff for you. As for 500k cutoff, my brother makes $400kish in California. His house and neighborhood is nothing special being from the midwest.

Anyway, my point is that many of these so-called 1%ers that you hate so much are simply people at finance companies, banks, tech companies, etc that are doing their jobs. They don't wake up in the morning laughing about how many people they fuck over. In fact, most of they are quite happy that they are responsible for so many people being employed, pensions being funded, technology products being produced, etc. Most of these people didn't fuck over millions to get to the jobs that they did. They went to school, got a good degree and started working for a company. Maybe their family name gave them a heads up, maybe their parents got them a good connection, but they didn't shoot some poor people and climb over their dead corpses to get to their position.

Now that doesn't mean the system isn't biased. Of course it is. However, just because it is biased doesn't make the people at the top all automatically psychopath narcissists that laugh everytime they see a poor person. It is shocking that you are so biased in this regard. You see prejudice in many places that it is, which is good, but in this case you need to check your own prejudice.
Jesus Christ, this is ridiculous.

rrr_img_35394.jpg

The people you describe could fit quite comfortably even in the second-highest 1%. You can be rich, even very rich, and be nothing more than someone doing your job, taking your place in society. Once you're in that top 1%, though, there is no reasonable justification for that level of wealth. I repeat,there is no reasonable justification for that level of wealth. I know one of the tenets of capitalism is that the sky's the limit, that we can't decide how much people can and can't have, but it's come to the point where the imbalance is so extreme, so obscenely over-the-top, thatall of society is suffering. This isn't theory!

The poor have virtually nothing, the "middle class" arebarelyany better. You can't have the level of wealth the 1% have and say "at least I'm giving some people jobs" or "I sure am glad I got that degree!". These are not "simply people at finance companies, banks, tech companies, etc". Those guys are one, two or three percentiles lower. The top 1% are leeches, absorbing and hoarding as much as they can and using that hoarded wealth to ensure that they can hoard even more. And they're doing a fantastic job! I would suggest they won't rest until they have it all, except they've probably calculated just how many "scraps" they can leave to society in order to keep people working to generate more moneyfor them. They already have more wealth than could have any practical purpose in any number of lifetimes, but it's still not enough! So if you're going to stand there and tell me that "Yeah, I guess the system is kind of flawed, but in the end these are just people like you and me", you're the one being naive. Had they been born outside of the 1%, sure, they would be like you and me, but they were born into a ridiculously exclusive club whose rules require that you not care about the damage you're wreaking across society.

The total amount of wealth available at any given point is finite. Right now, the majority of it is resting in the coffers of the 1%, doing nothing but being used to multiply itself. Every dollar these fuckers suck out of circulation is a dollar that nobody else will ever see. They are taking a bigger and bigger piece of the pie with every passing year, leaving less and less for the rest of society to simply be able to function. If the above chart was cut off after 99% and the 1%'s share was put back into circulation,everybody would benefit. This is not bias, brother. You can't have that much wealth (destructivelevels of wealth) and not be a psychopath. You can't.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So if you're going to stand there and tell me that "Yeah, I guess the system is kind of flawed, but in the end these are just people like you and me", you're the one being naive. Had they been born outside of the 1%, sure, they would be like you and me, but they were born into a ridiculously exclusive club whose rules require that you not care about the damage you're wreaking across society.
I have no doubt that there are plenty in the 1% that fit your criteria. The problem is you putting it on them all, which is just absurd. If you saw someone painting all poor people as lazy pieces of shit, you would rightly be upset. Yet this broad paint of a brush you are fine with.

Again, I am not saying that we shouldn't try to change things. What I am saying is you are doing your cause a disservice by painting all the 1% as horrible psychopaths. If the majority of the top 1% in this country were psychopaths, or even a large minority, we would be WAY the fuck worse off. I am talking dystopia levels of fucked.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If the majority of the top 1% in this country were psychopaths, or even a large minority, we would be WAY the fuck worse off. I am talking dystopia levels of fucked.
While I generally agree with you about how retarded Tanoomba's latest assertion is, this part isn't necessarily true.