Pussification in America: Political Correctness is Gay

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
You are in the 1% if your family makes over 500k a year or something. That isn't that wealthy depending on where you live.
This shit again? Tell me, which of these counties would you not make four or five times the median income if you're bringing in 500k a year:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highest...ed_States#2011

The answer is none.

Otherwise though, please don't lump me in with Tanoomba. Dude is powerful retarded.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Since the lower class commits the most violent crimes and most homicides, does this mean that they are composed of psychopaths?
Not sure if serious, but no, this is wrong for the same reason that every single thing Tanoomba has said on this subject is wrong. Criminal acts and/or immoral behavior do not make someone a sociopath, and a sociopath does not automatically engage in criminal acts and/or immoral behavior.

His idea about the 1% being predominantly sociopaths is just profoundly retarded, and is probably the dumbest thing he's ever said on these forums, which is really saying something.

Triangular_sl

shitlord
Not sure if serious, but no, this is wrong for the same reason that every single thing Tanoomba has said on this subject is wrong.
smile.png

khalid

Unelected Mod
This shit again? Tell me, which of these counties would you not make four or five times the median income if you're bringing in 500k a year:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highest...ed_States#2011

The answer is none.
You aren't understanding the context that I am talking about. Making 500k as a family doesn't put you in "standing over dead babies" territory that Tanoomba is trying to put them in. Tanoomba seems to think that the 1% is all George Soros, that bankrupt a government in order to make a buck.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
You aren't understanding the context that I am talking about. Making 500k as a family doesn't put you in "standing over dead babies" territory that Tanoomba is trying to put them in. Tanoomba seems to think that the 1% is all George Soros, that bankrupt a government in order to make a buck.
That's what he was saying, yes. And he's wrong. But so are you, because the next post after you made the idiotic comment that "500k doesn't make you that wealthy depending where you live" you dug quite a bit deeper:

khalid_sl said:
Dude, I'm not going to google 1% income cutoff for you. As for 500k cutoff, my brother makes $400kish in California. His house and neighborhood is nothing special being from the midwest.
Your brother is very wealthy, regardless of where he lives. Maybe he doesn't throw his money around needlessly and lives modestly. Good for him. That doesn't change the concrete fact that if his household does make 400k a year, he's making 4-5 times the median income for even the richest counties in California. He's pretty fucking wealthy. I understand the context of your argument fine.

You're wrong. Unless your argument is that he's not all that wealthy compared to everyone else in the richest part of Beverly Hills or some shit. In which case, no fucking shit.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
You know, every time people disagree with me, they say something along the lines of "Tanoomba is retarded", "This is the stupidest thing he's said", "He's talking out of his ass", etc. At no point do you condescending fuckers even attempt to contradict the foundation of my arguments. "Ha ha you is reetardz!!1!!1!" does not a cogent counter-argument make. If you're too fucking lazy to say something of merit, shut the fuck up and take your high and mighty judgmental bullshit somewhere else.

Like I said to you, Gav, if the 1% are not psychopaths, then they're Bond villains. If that alternative somehow makes you feel smarter than me, fine. But I gave you the definition of psychopathy I've been using and showed you very clearly how the 1% fit that description beautifully. Being a condescending cunt doesn't take anything away from anything I've said.

I have no doubt that there are plenty in the 1% that fit your criteria. The problem is you putting it on them all, which is just absurd. If you saw someone painting all poor people as lazy pieces of shit, you would rightly be upset. Yet this broad paint of a brush you are fine with.

Again, I am not saying that we shouldn't try to change things. What I am saying is you are doing your cause a disservice by painting all the 1% as horrible psychopaths. If the majority of the top 1% in this country were psychopaths, or even a large minority, we would be WAY the fuck worse off. I am talking dystopia levels of fucked.
You can be a hard worker and be poor. You can be lazy and be poor. Either way, you're not really hurting anybody. If you are a member of the 1% you are actively and intentionally hurting all of society with every cent you pry out of circulation. You can't do this without being a psychopath. Hoarding beyond-obscene levels of wealth is not something that happens circumstantially (like being poor sometimes does), it's done consciously and with intent. If you had any kind of conscious at all, you would not be able to remain a member of the 1%. These are mutually exclusive features, unlike being poor and being a hard worker, or being poor and being lazy.

You can be a good guy and be rich. You can come up with a brilliant product or service and make millions and that's fine. But no single product or service puts an individual into the 1%. They get that way by moving money around and snowballing it into more money. That's it. They are not an important part of society, they are a huge detriment to society. Now, if you think my brush is too broad, I'm willing to entertain the notion that perhaps, once in a while, one of these guys might consider that they are one of the "bad guys" while they are lying in bed at night. But in the end, the drive to hoard ever more wealth overpowers any feelings of guilt or rationality. It has to, or they wouldn't keep doing it.

- The wealth gap is the single most influential factor in the problems plaguing society today (crime, education, health care, etc).
- The driving force behind this wealth gap is the 1% and they know it.
- Therefore, if you are part of the 1%, then you know you are the reason why things are shit for the majority of the population.
- Because the 1% have no intention of rectifying this problem (Why would they? They're doing great!), they are able to effectively "tune out" the damage they are doing and have it not bother them in the least.
- This is textbook psychopathy.

If anybody has a problem with one or more of these points, feel free to point out why.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Tanoomba_sl said:
You can be a good guy and be rich. You can come up with a brilliant product or service and make millions and that's fine. But no single product or service puts an individual into the 1%. They get that way by moving money around and snowballing it into more money. That's it.
This shit is just plain retarded. Are all doctors evil? What about engineers? Small business owners? Shit, there's some tradespeople that are in the 1% up here in Alberta (because they make a ton of money here, and the cutoff for being in the 1% is lower in Canada). You're making completely unfounded claims. Citation needed. Show us that everyone in the top 1% (income wise) are financiers or bankers.

Triangular_sl said:
does that account for the cost of living in different cities? or are we just looking at pure number?
That's irrelevant. Being wealthy comes from having more money than your peers. If you're making several times what the median income is in even the richest counties in the US, then guess what? You're wealthy.

iannis

Musty Nester

The answer is none.

Otherwise though, please don't lump me in with Tanoomba. Dude is powerful retarded.
Sorry bro, you're both Canadian. Therefore it's obvious you are lock step and arm in arm.

Welcome to America! All it takes is 1 person who vaguely resembles you to say something retarded and yep, you're a retard too.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Dammit! In my defense, that retard probably doesn't even want to be in Canada any more. You're a fucking Quebec Nationalist, aren't you Tanoomba? Let's listen to him justify why it's okay for Alberta to subsidize the living shit out of his lazy, arrogant, unappreciative province.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
What kind of neighborhood do you live in tanoomba? what's the demographic makeup?

khalid

Unelected Mod
You know, every time people disagree with me, they say something along the lines of "Tanoomba is retarded", "This is the stupidest thing he's said", "He's talking out of his ass", etc. At no point do you condescending fuckers even attempt to contradict the foundation of my arguments. "Ha ha you is reetardz!!1!!1!" does not a cogent counter-argument make. If you're too fucking lazy to say something of merit, shut the fuck up and take your high and mighty judgmental bullshit somewhere else.
Not everyone who disagrees with you is calling you retarded and we have argued with the foundation of what you are saying. Like Eomer just said, plenty of doctors and engineers fit in the 1%. Plenty of business owners. You are just flat out slandering way too many people. You are painting with a brush a mile wide and not seeming to understand it is hitting far more people than you are aware of.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hey Tanoobmoron. My uncle is easily in the 1%, and it's because he's a doctor who owns his own business.. Sure he has investments and shit like anyone else with money, but his business income ALONE puts him in the top 1%.

QED you is one dumb motherfucker.

(I think the problem is stupid fuck doesn't realize he's REALLY talking about the 1% of the 1%, and even then much of what he says is not true)

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
This shit is just plain retarded. Are all doctors evil? What about engineers? Small business owners? Shit, there's some tradespeople that are in the 1% up here in Alberta (because they make a ton of money here, and the cutoff for being in the 1% is lower in Canada). You're making completely unfounded claims. Citation needed. Show us that everyone in the top 1% (income wise) are financiers or bankers.
What do you mean, "income wise"? I've already said that income is a flawed way to measure the 1%. You have to consider wealth and net worth, which makes a big difference. But you know what? I was wrong. In fact, it's only the top 0.5% whobuild and sell businesses, investment bankers, corporate executives, real estate developers, and a handful of other careers(Jump down to "Dividing the Top 1% of Wealth Into Two Groups"). I bet you there's a significant difference in wealth between the top 0.5% and the next 0.5%, though.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
No, nor is any other one percenter who gives away the majority of their wealth.