Puzzles and Dragons

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can y'all post the infoz or pics? I really don't feel like wading in to the cesspool of the Facebook page today
frown.png
Use the new and improved Updates thread on the PAD forums. News only, no discussion.

[UPDATES ONLY] Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
D\L Anubis can't come fast enough.
Really does make me question why you'd ever use anything else, the more I think about it... and the only answer I can come up is "because the REM fucked me and I don't actually have Anubis and a Yomi." 8 combos is usually not hard to do without skyfall, at you're at Horus/Bastet level there even if you don't get lucky. Stalling is trivial because it takes real effort to set up a combo that does actual damage, and you can use subs with high hp and/or rcv because atk really doesn't matter when you're going to hit for 49x or 100x in the end.

I'd love to see someone do a video of a D/L Anubis + 4 * D/L Yomi + D/L Anubis friend team. 9 seconds to move every turn, 4 Change the Worlds, and 2 Green->Dark orb changes.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Really does make me question why you'd ever use anything else, the more I think about it... and the only answer I can come up is "because the REM fucked me and I don't actually have Anubis and a Yomi." 8 combos is usually not hard to do without skyfall, at you're at Horus/Bastet level there even if you don't get lucky. Stalling is trivial because it takes real effort to set up a combo that does actual damage, and you can use subs with high hp and/or rcv because atk really doesn't matter when you're going to hit for 49x or 100x in the end.

I'd love to see someone do a video of a D/L Anubis + 4 * D/L Yomi + D/L Anubis friend team. 9 seconds to move every turn, 4 Change the Worlds, and 2 Green->Dark orb changes.
Here's me using my Yomis. Now I just need some fucking dark keepers.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
8 combos is usually not hard to do without skyfall,
Yes it is. Random sampling of people actually logging their combos in Endless averaged out to 4.88. Tacking 3 more on to that isn't something just everyone can do. People overestimate their average combos. Obviously there's people out there that can do 8 on demand, but it's not the cakewalk folks make it out to be.

Also here's the closest thing I've seen to the super long move time build you mentioned. 7.5 seconds of move time with 3 Yomis, would be 8 with an Anubis helper.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Real choice is do I go one of each Anubis, or skill up, or awaken?

Vorph

Now I just need some fucking dark keepers.
Tell me about it. Last 5 RK runs have given me a light keeper on the way. I have 7 of the fuckers now, since 2 of the 3 blues I did last week had a light invade, and it's going to be at least a couple months before I need more than two of them.

Guess Midgard will eat well before the 2x skill up event ends. Kind of a waste, but whatever.

Yes it is. Random sampling of people actually logging their combos in Endless averaged out to 4.88. Tacking 3 more on to that isn't something just everyone can do. People overestimate their average combos. Obviously there's people out there that can do 8 on demand, but it's not the cakewalk folks make it out to be.
Yeah, I realized that was a gross exaggeration, but didn't bother to edit it. A basic Anubis/Yomi/X/X/X/Anubis team would have 6 seconds to work with though, and that's got to be a nice boost in terms of what you can do before skyfall.

Also here's the closest thing I've seen to the super long move time build you mentioned. 7.5 seconds of move time with 3 Yomis, would be 8 with an Anubis helper.
Crazy. Especially considering there's no dark or green in that dungeon and he was only hitting with 2 mains and a sub. Also, that one turn vs. Takeminakata when he used Athena and set up an 8 combo before skyfall and still failed to hit 10 kind of highlights what a big difference there is between 9 combos and 10, when you consider that it even happened to someone in a 4 color dungeon. I think the 49x consolation prize for hitting 9 is going to be overpowered.

Real choice is do I go one of each Anubis, or skill up, or awaken?
Awaken seems the best, since you're going to want him fully awoken. Just trying for a tiny chance of a skill up would be a waste; 19 turns instead of 20 on the orb change/counter won't make much difference, not to mention that the orb change buff to his skill isn't even in the game here yet anyway. And D/D Anubis won't really be any different than the current Anubis is today.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
and the only answer I can come up is "because the REM fucked me and I don't actually have Anubis and a Yomi."
^

Looking at my collection on PAD Herder, from an REM perspective I am missing:

Hino
I&I
Freyja
Anubis
Ra
Kushi
Izanagi

They added the new Valks, Sonia's, and new Odin / Hero's are coming so the list will get longer. But from the other stuff Anubis is the only thing I care about never having pulled.

Edit: oops, forgot about both Trons too.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I wanted one of the trons (and i want the new red odin), but otherwise, I'm pretty happy. An Orochi would be nice, but isn't necessary.
At this point, I'm just evolving back-ups and max skilling what I can (which is infuriating). I think I'm going to cleanse my box of some stuff, and just start feeding the ninjas and other pointless shits I have.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Few questions:
1. LTron, from what I'm reading, it seems like people are poo-pooing her as a Leader (probably due to her active), but is she really not viable?
2. Red Sonia, is she a viable end game Leader or more of a farming Leader?
3. DQ Hera - This intrigues me using her as a Leader. Has anyone had any experience running her?

Thanks.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
I wanted one of the trons (and i want the new red odin), but otherwise, I'm pretty happy. An Orochi would be nice, but isn't necessary.
At this point, I'm just evolving back-ups and max skilling what I can (which is infuriating). I think I'm going to cleanse my box of some stuff, and just start feeding the ninjas and other pointless shits I have.
I'm in the same boat ... I've been keeping about 50 monsters I want to get to ... stuff like, if I ever made a green team, devil team, etc ... I may just purge it all out, but who knows ... I should do a PAD Handler or link my box to get some suggestions from you guys.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Feel free to correct me, but I'm not sure 12.5x is enough to run the mythic-level descends (and Sonia is 2.5x RCV and ATK for devils). I honestly feel 16x is the minimum. Even matching Sonia with Satan or DQ Hera you only get 8.75x (though the 2.5x RCV is nice).

Is there a 2/2/0 Devil lead? I can only think of 1.5/1.5/1.5 and 2/0/2. That could make an interesting, but still unless you're running +297s for everything I don't think it's bursty enough to clear quickly, or tanky enough to survive big-hits.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm in the same boat ... I've been keeping about 50 monsters I want to get to ... stuff like, if I ever made a green team, devil team, etc ... I may just purge it all out, but who knows ... I should do a PAD Handler or link my box to get some suggestions from you guys.
I didn't even include the shitty-shit in my padherder. I think I should fill it out fully. My only thing is that I can get the thing sorted in the same way my PAD account is sorted
frown.png

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
1. Yeah, people crap on LTron. Generally leaders with >% HP aren't viewed as favorably, especially like Zeus that requires full HP. With preemptive attacks, multi attacks, etc... it just seems annoying to try and keep it within that range. The >% HP seem to be a bigger rage these days. But on the P&D Forum there are a few people using LTron and Zeus, so check out those team building threads.
2. Red Sonia was a pretty big flavor of the month lead I believe back when she was introduced in Japan. There are a lot of good Devil types to choose from. I haven't seen any team compositions for the newly released Descends. My gut says that 6.25x isn't strong enough to reliably do it, but you do have some high HP devils and 2x RCV should make stalling a little easier. You'd almost have to run King Baddie though?
3. I use her as a sub, but see #1

Vorph

I can't believe it took me until today to think about the Wed. dungeon and realize there's absolutely no point in using poison or armor break anymore, when I can just sweep it in 5 turns with the Horus/Bastet farm team I use for everything. 60k/100k armor is nothing, durrrrr.

Malinatar:
1. A bit more damage than Valkyrie, but you lose the orb change and gain a HP requirement which makes any descend with a first strike suck.
2. There's a JP guy who does descend videos of Sonia, but he's awfully specialized. His first ones are pretty normal but later on he has 3 Sonias that are all Lv.99/+297/fully awoken. I think she's a great sub for a Satan or mono-red team due to her orb change's synergy with Enhanced Att. skills.
3. She's good at 3.5x but compared to a Satan team you lose out on *6* Enhanced Dark Att. skills, and that's a huge part of being able to burst a boss with a Satan team. Also, same issue with first strikers as LTron.

Feel free to correct me, but I'm not sure 12.5x is enough to run the mythic-level descends (and Sonia is 2.5x RCV and ATK for devils). I honestly feel 16x is the minimum. Even matching Sonia with Satan or DQ Hera you only get 8.75x (though the 2.5x RCV is nice).
Chinese gods (well, Haku and Leilan anyway... I don't know much about the others) can work for Mythical because the orb change results in a much higher burst than would normally be possible with a 12.25x team. I agree that it's still not as easy as 16-25x all the time though, which has forced me to basically move to Horus as my main leader despite all the effort I put into Haku. Still though, I can tell when I get a boss and do a combo with Horus/Bastet, or even Horus/Kirin most of the time, that I'm doing less damage to the boss than my Haku team does with a board that is nothing but R/B/D. Orb changes with Horus/Kirin keep you from getting trolled and doing no damage at all; orb change with Haku is a massive damage increase. Actually getting to the boss alive is a lot easier though, even with my somewhat underdeveloped subs.

Also, Sonia with Satan? I think you need another cup of coffee this morning.
wink.png

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Also, Sonia with Satan? I think you need another cup of coffee this morning.
wink.png
From a pure multiplier position. 3.5 and a 2.5 (with an inconsequential 2.5 rcv). Mainly thinking "I've got a sonia but need some multiplier friends, guess I'll add Satan friends!".

It's sort of ironic that he's got 6.5k hp to make taking hits easier but all you can do is soak hits with him.

Vorph

Sonia+Satan is strictly inferior to Satan+Satan though, and anyone with a desire to run a devil team can just do his descend. You don't just lose the multiplier from 12.25x to 8.75x, you also lose two row enhances by switching to Sonia. A 2x6 dark combo with Satan+Satan is actually 26.95x, and with Sonia+Satan it's only 15.75x. It gets even worse when you factor in King Baddie (80.85x vs. 47.25x) or Loki (47.775x vs. 28.875x). [Assuming that Satan and Loki are fully evolved.]

Sonia still makes a great Satan sub because of how good her orb change is in terms of just about guaranteeing the 2x6 combo on the turn you use her.

Myst

Peasant
Is it possible to transfer my account from IOS to Android? I tried migrating but it keeps asking me to authenticate my google account, and when I try to do so, I get a blank page with the game logo and music.

I know it was originally not possible to transfer between IOS and Android, but I thought the 6.0 update fixed that.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
They posted about it, but I have no idea if it's been implemented. You mighty be able to do an account transfer. I need to do that with my old-phone yet...

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ao or Grimm or anyone really happen to have that table that shows the STA efficiency of running regular metals vs. super metals vs. technicals for pengdra vs. pengdra village.

Basically I hate running pengdra village or technicals for xp, leveling them up, holding them in the box, running thursday for dragon plants / seeds, and evo'ing, etc... But if it is efficient (doesn't seem possible especially vs. super kings) I'll suck it up and do it. Or just keep running Neptune for +eggs to do something with STA while no events are going on.