Puzzles and Dragons

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Another round of challenge dungeons starts tomorrow,morespirit jewels instead of Pii's. Bleh. Top three dungeons have +30 tamas though so that's kinda neat.
Yeah, I have like 7 of every jewel at this point, so I probably won't even bother with anything abut the top 3. If I get lucky and somehow manage to pass level 10, I'll probably just finish the rest for the stone, but I've yet to pass a level 10 challenge dungeon. In fact, I've only managed to beat 9 like 4 times.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Yeah Im about the same with the jewels. I like to think that one day ill get Leilan from an REM roll so Ive been saving my red jewels to skill up something that I dont have yet and it's hogging my space badly.

As for challenge dungeons, Ive knocked out a floor 9 once or twice but I tend to peak around floor 8. I dont have a lot of good utility subs for Shiva so I usually just run the same static team (A. Shiva, Red Valk, Urd, Cao Cao, Kagu). Binds fuck me over so it takes a pretty perfect storm for me to clear stuff past floor 7.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
They changed the jewels to be for the awoken versions... so I have to go through the process of A.UVOing all of the Chinese gods to actually use the jewels. I'm sitting on all of these fuckers (Karin/MeiMei/Haku/Leilan/Kirin) and have ZERO desire to grind out the evo mats (the dungeon ones, not the jewels).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Im about the same with the jewels. I like to think that one day ill get Leilan from an REM roll so Ive been saving my red jewels to skill up something that I dont have yet and it's hogging my space badly.

As for challenge dungeons, Ive knocked out a floor 9 once or twice but I tend to peak around floor 8. I dont have a lot of good utility subs for Shiva so I usually just run the same static team (A. Shiva, Red Valk, Urd, Cao Cao, Kagu). Binds fuck me over so it takes a pretty perfect storm for me to clear stuff past floor 7.
I have an Ame No Azume, Cao Cao, and Kenshiro (can't wait for his UEvo to hit NA), so I have pretty solid utility on my red team. I wish I had an A.Shiva, but I usually run with A.Minerva and the added utility helps. It's the team I most often run on really challenging stuff that isn't color limited. Color limited stuff I just run with D/L Anubis and faceroll through everything.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Having an Ame would solve a lot of my issues but I keep coming up short when doing rolls. I even did a yolo roll yesterday during the tail end of the Gala of Flame and got a second Vishnu for my trouble. Not horrible, but, not Ame (or Ares or Rodin).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Having an Ame would solve a lot of my issues but I keep coming up short when doing rolls. I even did a yolo roll yesterday during the tail end of the Gala of Flame and got a second Vishnu for my trouble. Not horrible, but, not Ame (or Ares or Rodin).
Lucky fuck. I want a Vishnu for my Bastet team so badly. Instead, I have 3 goddamn Verds and I'm trying to figure out when I'd ever possibly use more than 2.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
I have A. Bastet, two Vishnu's, two Verdandi's, Liu Bei, Awoken Mei Mei, and Osiris. I could do a pretty epic Bastet team but with a few hypermax's on the A. Shiva team as well as being fully skilled, trading one combo lead for another seems like more of a lateral move.

Any Norns past the first one seem like MP fodder to me at this point. Ive got a second Urd as well as the previously mentioned Verdandi that might find their way into the "Get a Shiva or Yomi Dragon" pile in the next week or so. PADX says a Director's Gala starts tomorrow, might give a roll or two to try for an Akechi since his prospects of being in the PCGF seem iffy.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I have A. Bastet, two Vishnu's, two Verdandi's, Liu Bei, Awoken Mei Mei, and Osiris. I could do a pretty epic Bastet team but with a few hypermax's on the A. Shiva team as well as being fully skilled, trading one combo lead for another seems like more of a lateral move.

Any Norns past the first one seem like MP fodder to me at this point. Ive got a second Urd as well as the previously mentioned Verdandi that might find their way into the "Get a Shiva or Yomi Dragon" pile in the next week or so. PADX says a Director's Gala starts tomorrow, might give a roll or two to try for an Akechi since his prospects of being in the PCGF seem iffy.
Yeah, I'm getting to the point where I feel like more than 1 Norn is overkill. Back before they had better subs, you kind of needed multiple Norns to make a team viable. Now that so many things have gotten UEvos or Awoken versions, it's a lot harder to find a reason to use more than 1 Norn on a team. I just wish I hadn't wasted the tamas on my other 2 Verds, or I probably would have turned them into MP fodder by now.

I'm still not quite sure why people are so enamored with Yomi and Shiva dragons when Ra Dragon exists. Fuck, I think Ra dragon is easily the single most powerful lead in the game right now. x20.25 with 5 color matches and goddamned x144 for all 6,plushe's bind immune and 2 TPAs? Just fucking insane. Shiva Dragon could be solid, but his 2 row awakenings are totally wasted. Ihatewhen they combine rows and TPAs on the same card.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
I'd imagine Ra Dragon requires way too much thinking and planning for most people (me included)
tongue.png
Shiva Dragon on the otherhand has about the most mindless playstyle imaginable. Match a couple and the screen explodes and stuff dies. That has it's appeal.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ra Dragon is very powerful, but hard to play, and not someone you want to use for everything because of that. Yomi dragon on the other hand is braindead simple to play, so you can use it for everything. And Shiva dragon teams are mostly row based btw, the TPAs are just a bonus for clearing the trash floors otw to the boss.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
How viable is a Yomi Dragon team without Akechi? Im really wanting a Yomi team, but I just dont have that guy. I dropped more money on stones this morning than Im willing to admit and still didnt get one from the Directors Carnival (wasnt sure Akechi was going to make the PCGF cut figured I should roll while i could). Ive got a good number of quality subs that would go well with it, I just lack that one guy but he seems so important.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
DIza or Dmeta should work fine, assuming you're running Okuni, Pandora and Haku for the other 3. Or another Yomi dragon if you're whaling.

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
I just bitchslapped KoTG with my Urd team. First time I beat it without odin cheese. Urd/caocao/Rvalk/phoenix rider/flamie/ashiva friend. feels goodman

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I just bitchslapped KoTG with my Urd team. First time I beat it without odin cheese. Urd/caocao/Rvalk/phoenix rider/flamie/ashiva friend. feels goodman
Woooooo!
smile.png

I really gotta get on with making my AShiva. Stupid de-volve materials always screw me.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
DIza or Dmeta should work fine, assuming you're running Okuni, Pandora and Haku for the other 3. Or another Yomi dragon if you're whaling.
Not whaling quite that much (yet...). I did do one more set of pulls and did actually get an Akechi, so that problem kinda resolved itself. Yomi Dragon purchased (monster box has been decimated though). Got some leveling, skilling and plussing to do now though but I think it will be a good step up from Shiva eventually. I do have the other subs you listed, so the team itself is pretty much done.

Grats man, let the farming begin!

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
Not whaling quite that much (yet...). I did do one more set of pulls and did actually get an Akechi, so that problem kinda resolved itself. Yomi Dragon purchased (monster box has been decimated though). Got some leveling, skilling and plussing to do now though but I think it will be a good step up from Shiva eventually. I do have the other subs you listed, so the team itself is pretty much done.

Grats man, let the farming begin!
tried it with delay the other day and didnt have much luck. did a test with flamie in a reg dungeon and did a 9mil combined attack and was like "Oh". wtb Nim

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Nah no real need for a Nim. She's good for attacker/Urd teams but if your plan is still to build for A. Shiva, she doesnt really have a seat at that table. Flamie will accomplish the same function for no stones (his burst is actually a bit bigger than Nim's, he just lacks the TPA). Cross your fingers for a Kagu during the PCGF and you'll be sitting pretty.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So I'm sort of stuck on what teams to actually build. With the a few exceptions, I have most of the GFE (Blonia, ROdin, new dragon callers, R-jugglerguy outstanding).

I'm looking to move my DShiva to A.Shiva, but I think that fucks with my Red-Row-Ronia team (2x Ronia, A.Minerva, DShiva, LuBu)
I've got a pretty darn nice LKali team (LKalix2, Kotaro are the standard, with LYomi usually the dark, and a rotation of SunQuan/Lmeta/LGL).
I've got an "ok" GZL team (GZL, Uvo Michael, Sasuke who needs to be Uvo'ed, Uvo Athena, and UVo Marine Rider).
I've got the ideal setup for Andro, but no skill ups (Andro max skill, BDKarin at skill 3, Hatsume, Bvalk max skill, and UVo Hermes at skill 4).

I want to change my Green Kirin to A.Kirin, and I was thinking of getting an A.Horus. I have DL Anubis but can't reliably hit 10 combos to use the one-true-god. I've got all of the chinese gods and was looking to move them to awoken (just to use the god damn jewels, because I have a fuckload of them).

I just don't know what direction to go in for a great team. I'm starting on getting evil tengu so I can make an A.Yomi. Is there an "amazing team" I have hidden I just don't know about? The Ronia team is my "farm pretty much anything" team, since it's easy to play (but slow). I ues LKali in situations where it's NoRCV (yay short cooldowns!). But with the advent of perseverance for bosses and the light/dark dmg reduction, I'm trying to find other teams to fill my gaps.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Ao - If you make an AShiva team it can replace your ronia farm anything team, mine did. Awoken Yomi's damage is amazing though I don't quite understand her and how her LSkill works or what subs would be ideal for her. I do believe at least one of them is AHaku though.