Raised by Wolves

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fucker

Log Wizard
Interesting show. Who doesn't just love an unstable murderbot anyway?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Definitely staying interesting. Lots of backstory filled in.

So I guess Marcus AKA Caleb is the "orphan that will lead them". Obviously he was an orphan taken in or taken by the Atheist resistance since they showed him fighting as a kid. Only other guess besides the obvious ones like Hunter or Campion is Tempest's baby after she dies during childbirth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ok at first was expecting a darker Lost In Space. Holy shit this is way far away from that.

Aside from a couple janky CG flying scenes this is extremely well done. It has a lot of philosophical aspects from classic sci-fi like Dune or Foundation.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It's like some sort of weird sci-fi horror that reminds me of the movie misery. Just a bizarre, highly tense slow burn that I'm finding very enjoyable.

Why the fuck is he chomping at the bits to go fight the necromancer? It's pretty well established at this point he don't got a fucking chance vs her unless they're hiding some big guns under the skirt of that ship. From the way the chars talk to each other it seems necros can be killed, but not with those pea shooters they have. Definitely the thing that bothers me the most so far.

Edit: Oh episode 5 answered some questions.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Why the fuck is he chomping at the bits to go fight the necromancer? It's pretty well established at this point he don't got a fucking chance vs her unless they're hiding some big guns under the skirt of that ship. From the way the chars talk to each other it seems necros can be killed, but not with those pea shooters they have. Definitely the thing that bothers me the most so far.

Edit: Oh episode 5 answered some questions.

Yeah, prior to picking up the master cell I think he was planning on a snatch and grab on the kids when Mother was distracted/away, that's why he asked the leader to let him go by himself. Now he thinks he has a chance.

I am liking this show a lot so far. I couldn't say why specifically - none of the particular parts are amazing but it all seems to work together really well.

Ouch at the atheist baby ! That was obviously coming but still ;p

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hate the actor that plays Campeon. He just looks like an annoying little faggot, and thats exactly how he acts in the show.

Very unlikeable, all he does is snitch, complain, lie, be fake and is overall useless besides taking dumb risks.

Plus his name in real life is Winta.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Really liking this show. Have no idea where the plot is goingafter this weeks episodes. It subverts expectations in a good way. Agree that Campeon is a little bitch.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Isn't it strange that the hyper-religious group is apparently WAY more technologically advanced than the grimy atheists? Hell, if Muslims were launching generation ships to Trappist-1 I'd say sign me up to Islam right freakin' now.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I love the 2 episodes every week release format. Its like the best of both worlds, not too much, but more than just a single ep.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm not really sure why people love having an entire season dumped all at once. It makes it impossible to have any "watercooler" talk -- can't talk about individual episodes, theorize about things, etc. It removes a good chunk of the fun of watching a new season of a series.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not really sure why people love having an entire season dumped all at once. It makes it impossible to have any "watercooler" talk -- can't talk about individual episodes, theorize about things, etc. It removes a good chunk of the fun of watching a new season of a series.

given the insane amount of entertainment mediums, water cooler talk has been dead for a long time

• 2Like

Cybsled

It is and it isn't. For good shows, I think it is an advantage to have the "water cooler" aspect and it still goes on. Look at all of us theorizing about major shows over the years that were popular. Those discussion threads basically wither and die without that and just become "let's theory craft about next season"

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Isn't it strange that the hyper-religious group is apparently WAY more technologically advanced than the grimy atheists? Hell, if Muslims were launching generation ships to Trappist-1 I'd say sign me up to Islam right freakin' now.

I think the implication is that the church of Mithras nuked all it's enemies back into the stone age.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This show is a pretty great slow burn sci fi. Definitely just a bizarre entertaining experience so far. Campeon is retarded, but considering how his char grew up it's also probably expected. He just needs a few dozen beatings.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Not sure if you missed tons of human history, but mankind has done some pretty impressive military stuff in "the name of God". Get society working in unison, you can get some impressive stuff done! Just remember that nuke is God's will!

Maybe Islam will take the Atreides route, I'll sign ul with you if so!

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Not sure if you missed tons of human history, but mankind has done some pretty impressive military stuff in "the name of God". Get society working in unison, you can get some impressive stuff done! Just remember that nuke is God's will!

Maybe Islam will take the Atreides route, I'll sign ul with you if so!
Yeah maybe so. I was under the assumption that most hyper religious societies often shun technology and science.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No, they embrace it in their inner circles and pretend it's divine power and blessings from whatever deity they worship. Making sure knowledge is kept under wraps for the masses to keep them subservient to "holy leaders".