Raised by Wolves

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Another bothersome issue for me: the theists were able to build the ultra high tech necrophage with instant kill abilities and breath weapons galore (not to mention space ships), yet their human soldiers are running around with 1980s ballistic weapons that can't really put a dent in a worker model android, much less a necrophage. And their uniforms...strange/nonsensical disparity in tech.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I think they tried to explain that away in the latest episode with the "you were created from the blueprints embedded in the scriptures that they did not truly understand" bit, but somewhere between necromancer and FTL travel with realistic sim cryo chambers you should probably figure out advanced weaponry too. Solaire and Co get a bad Civ score.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Ahhhh may have missed that or glossed over it, seems likely some alien tech/manipulation might be involved, especially with the artificial appearing structures on the new planet.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Maybe just me, but this shows feels like it's all over the place in story/theme/etc. The initial couple of episodes seemed quite promising, but it's veered way off into another direction(s). I also had an issue with the tech levels not seeming to line up with the actual expertise of the people. The info from the android doctor about 'Dark Photon' tech not being understood by the humans comes out of nowhere, and seems to set up the possibility of an alien intelligence manipulating them. I'm fairly skeptical of the season finale being good enough to make me care about watching another season, assuming it actually gets renewed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Very strange direction this show is taking.

Its not really taking any direction at all.

Grez

Molten Core Raider
Demon android baby is interesting. Wonder how long until mother eats one of the children

ShakyJake

<Donor>
By the way, that ark wouldve been vaporized. There's no way you'd have intact wreckage lying around.

But yeah this has become just weird and boring.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I enjoy it. It's gone from plain-jane in episode 1-4 to "what the fuck" beyond that. At least with all the shit they're adding means the plot can develop beyond "Robot Mom Fights Remaining 7 humans".

If I don't see the giant serpent in the last episodes I'm gonna be pissed. They teased that shit episode 2 with the molting skin on the edge of the tunnel.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grez

Molten Core Raider
I enjoy it. It's gone from plain-jane in episode 1-4 to "what the fuck" beyond that. At least with all the shit they're adding means the plot can develop beyond "Robot Mom Fights Remaining 7 humans".

If I don't see the giant serpent in the last episodes I'm gonna be pissed. They teased that shit episode 2 with the molting skin on the edge of the tunnel.

I think the serpents are just the planet's dinosaurs. I wonder if the planet has a giant supercomputer at its core and those holes are just vents. This entity Mother is interacting with could be its AI. I also wonder if those animals are intelligent and sentient like humans, maybe the AI hunted them all down to near-extinction back to nomadic prehistoric levels.

Jozu

Vikings dude is such a strange actor. He is good, but bad.

He does this thing where he always seems like he is in a trance. Like he has this thousand yard stare and stressed speech pattern that works really well when he is in distress, but is almost cringe when he is trying to portray any other emotion. Its hard to tell when he is joking with his woman, or being serious. Its hard to tell when he is actually angry, as he is constantly in this taxed state. Its almost like he is stuck in a problem solving mode the entire time he is on screen. Its odd, and kind of distracting.

No one else in the show acts like he does....the android woman actor is strange as fuck but at least she has a reason. Its kind of like Sam Worthington in his almost satisfied/could give a fuck mode. Its just always there.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
If you watched Vikings its like he's doing his Ragnar impression in this show. It honestly cracks me up.

Jozu

Yea its bizarre. its like he is stuck in character and forgot he can do something else.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
just saw episode 1, GODDAMN that was fucking amazing. i wanna pace myself, but the world building is insane

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
I guess they're not going to explain
How the rapist reversed the flow of blood from the cyborg fetus, or why it made him superhuman? It's also bullshit that the android mass murdered the theists' colony, including children, but the kidnapees all suddenly love her. Stockholm syndrome I guess?