Raspberry Pi

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Any reason to buy a full Pi over a zero if all I want to do is run a pi hole and maybe dns? I'm open to ideas of more stuff to do with a full model, but I can't really think of any.
i followed the linus guide on making a pi hole with a zero

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
i followed the linus guide on making a pi hole with a zero

Yeah, I've seen that. I'm just looking at a list of models and a zero kit will cost about 35, while a full Pi 4 kit would cost more than twice as much. I'd be willing to pay more if I can get some interesting usage out of it and to have some a bit more powerful to fuck around with, but I can't really think of what I could do with it beyond what a zero will.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, I've seen that. I'm just looking at a list of models and a zero kit will cost about 35, while a full Pi 4 kit would cost more than twice as much. I'd be willing to pay more if I can get some interesting usage out of it and to have some a bit more powerful to fuck around with, but I can't really think of what I could do with it beyond what a zero will.
yea sorry this isn't my roadhouse, i just followed a guide

if it's just for pi-hole and you follow the linus guide, the zero is all you need and they give you "janky" work arounds, cuz the zero has less everything, no ethernet, only 1 micro usb, 1 micro hdmi, no header..., a pi3 will be double the size with like quadriple the amount of shit on it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There's a million things you can do with the pi. If you want just canned solutions there's plenty, or you can pick up coding and do it yourself too.

I love my retro pie

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just ordered a Pi 4B which I plan to use as a Steamlink, emulator and HTPC. Any other cool uses for it? I got the 4GB model with a 64gb microSD card.

Khane

Already have that on a pi zero. Was lookin for more TV/sound system type applications

Khane

I guess that I couldn't just take the zero and turn it into a steamlink? The zero is more than enough to run pi-hole.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
I’ve only done retropie on my 3 and just did pi hole on a new 4. I was thinking about linking pi hole to open vpn but I’m not sure I would see much benefit for myself.

Khane

Pi 4 came today went to set it up and noticed it uses Micro HDMI instead of mini HDMI like my pi zero W does so now I have to buy another cable before I can use it.

Meh!

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
Pi 4 came today went to set it up and noticed it uses Micro HDMI instead of mini HDMI like my pi zero W does so now I have to buy another cable before I can use it.

Meh!
Shit that sucks. I bought a vilros kit and it came with the adapter dongle.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Where do you RetroPie bros get your ROMs?

There was a thread here some time back, he’ll maybe not even this iteration, about emulators and some user posted a link to a site with ROM dumps by system. Man... not even sure how to search for it or if it’s still an active site, but worked great. Let me dig around maybe I can find a file name on my PC.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider

i can seed if you let me know what times you’ll be online. I only have NES SNES N64 and SEGA.

• 1Like