Raspberry Pi

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I have those dumps too, the problem with them is they have like sometimes 15 iterations of a game, and you have to sort through the junk / foreign versions and pick out the relevant ones. I want to check out the above links, seems like they sorted out the chaff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Sucks! Mine should come in tomorrow and will see about getting it set up.

Well that took about 10 minutes to set up without any issues at all. Switched to using that https://dbl.oisd.nl list or whatever on the previous page. Now to learn what is really going on and if I'll have to pay attention to what is/isn't being blocked. Elected to change my router DNS rather than manage individual devices which I know takes away a couple of features but still, shouldn't be an issue. Pretty cool little project.

*edit: Actually, looking at it that URL says connection refused and does not pull a blocklist even though the thread was just updated on Feb 26th. Not sure what that's all about.

*edit #2: Oh, yeah he posted in the Reddit thread 22 hrs ago that he fucked something up and is working to fix it, heh.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Jesus lord...

538317BF-3959-4E3E-8B5F-98829C5F674C.jpeg

• 1Like

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
If you are doing a retropie on a rpi4/4gb just download a prebuilt image from arcadepunks. I have the 128gb image and it comes preloaded with the old stuff and newer arcade stuff like Naomi etc and quite a few dreamcast/ps1 era games too.

No need to download and manage roms, it is all already done with image and vid previews.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
If you are doing a retropie on a rpi4/4gb just download a prebuilt image from arcadepunks. I have the 128gb image and it comes preloaded with the old stuff and newer arcade stuff like Naomi etc and quite a few dreamcast/ps1 era games too.

No need to download and manage roms, it is all already done with image and vid previews.

How do you play these games? Do you need two USB game controllers? Two keyboards?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Okay mofuckas. I need some help and my google fu is failing me probably because I don't know the proper wording.

I'm wanting to run my pi in kiosk mode with my own custom UI with data pulled from certain API trackers. I've figured out how to run in kiosk, I've created my own UI using Adobe XD now I'm just trying to figure out the next step which I assume would be hosting the UI and then learning how to plug in the API data in certain locations.

Can someone provide me some direction?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Ordered a Rasberry Pi and controllers. Gonna attempt this Retropie shit.

About damn time

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
How well does pi3b+ running retropie handle ps1 games? I'm pretty sure all I'll play is ff7

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
How well does pi3b+ running retropie handle ps1 games? I'm pretty sure all I'll play is ff7
If you never played it, Wild Arms was also great.

Edit: Just took the plunge and ordered a pi 4. The 128gb sim card is going to take an extra month to deliver, so no big deal on waiting. This will give me something to use my 55" LED TV that has been collecting dust since I moved into my new place.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you never played it, Wild Arms was also great.

Edit: Just took the plunge and ordered a pi 4. The 128gb sim card is going to take an extra month to deliver, so no big deal on waiting. This will give me something to use my 55" LED TV that has been collecting dust since I moved into my new place.
Hell yeah.

I should probably upgrade from my 2

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just got the pi in. The cords are bigger than the fucking computer. I love it. Just waiting on the SIM card and I am going to try that thingy ymmien posted up there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I tried to hide it in my TV stand but bdcauss the fuckin HDMI cable is so stiff and the pi is so light it's just at this weird angle hanging up in the air

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

So, got my 128gb card in. How do I make this happen from a clean install? Do I need to install retropie on the pi 4 first, then do something something to get the damaso thing on the card?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ok, retropie site hooked me up with the info for the OS stuff. Once that's done I will poke at arcadepunks for the rest.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
The OS is all on the img file already so there is no pre-set up needed on the pi at all. You want to just format your card so it is empty and then use an image writer program install the img file you downloaded.

In fact installing the image will wipe anything you have already on your card and replace it.

It really is as simple as download image, write image to blank card, plug card into pi, turn on and configure controllers on screen (USB keyboard may be needed to configure Bluetooth controller first).

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The OS is all on the img file already so there is no pre-set up needed on the pi at all. You want to just format your card so it is empty and then use an image writer program install the img file you downloaded.

In fact installing the image will wipe anything you have already on your card and replace it.

It really is as simple as download image, write image to blank card, plug card into pi, turn on and configure controllers on screen (USB keyboard may be needed to configure Bluetooth controller first).
Oh nice, thank you. Any suggestions on the image writer for win 7?