Raspberry Pi

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's also cool as fuck to be like "hey bros enjoy your not ads, I made this device that blocks everything", instead of "hey bros my router..."

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's also cool as fuck to be like "hey bros enjoy your not ads, I made this device that blocks everything", instead of "hey bros my router..."
Because of all those bro parties you throwing? Ain't no parent got time fo' dat!

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Well, setting up Pi-Hole was easy as shit.

Now what to do with my second one when it shows up tomorrow???

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I've been thinking about putting one of these together to play SNES and Genesis games, but I've heard in the past some of the emulation has been spotty. issues with the emulator not registering multiple simultaneous button presses which makes for a shitty experience playing things like fighting games. is this still the case?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've been thinking about putting one of these together to play SNES and Genesis games, but I've heard in the past some of the emulation has been spotty. issues with the emulator not registering multiple simultaneous button presses which makes for a shitty experience playing things like fighting games. is this still the case?
you can buy a used wii (the old kind) for like 50bucks, mod it and install everything, wii mod scene probably has the best emulation guys.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Apparently I needed cue files for the PSX emulator to know the images were there. Might have been bin files. I dunno, I just copied some from a rom pack and put in the name / destination for the old PS1 game I had on a back up drive from 8 years ago. Because that game is amazing as fuck.

Input from xbone controll for NES games seems a bit laggy. Should have some retro styled controllers in today or tomorrow.

And fuk if the A and B buttons arent reversed by default.

Overall, working pretty well. Little man should get a year or 2 out of this. MIght make another one for the farm, and maybe a 3rd . . . Lol

Edit: Some of the N64 stuff is fucking horrid tho. Apparently I need to change the default settings and overclock the pi. Also tempted to give the high texture shit a try.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
The CCTV application has my interest. Got plans for that later this year. Seen 1 too many oddballs running around the neighborhood that I want to get some more stuff up.
Looking into something to replace the baby monitor for the washer/dryer finish cycle. Might have to dig into the arduino stuff. Currently its just easier to use the monitor to hear the buzz.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Tried to change some setting to run the little fucker in performance setting. Took 2hrs to get it all back to normal. Goddamn.

The CCTV shit is my big interest at this point as well. Will check it out in a few months or so.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I find it pretty hard to believe based on how shitty it runs on stock but I mainly set mine up for 8 to 32 bit gaming anyways.

Crone

Yeah I can see that. I still have my n64 hooked up so not a big deal for me.
YNV4G.gif

Ryanz

<Banned>
Thinking about putting together a pi-hole, is it still the best way to get rid of ad's or has there been anything better that's come along?

Vorph

I'm looking into using an Odroid C2 or XU4 instead of a RPi3. RPi3 isn't nearly powerful enough imo, especially considering how small a price bump there is when going to a C2.

The downside is that it doesn't sound like I'm getting Kodi working on it well without using LibreELEC, which both rules out the XU4 since LE is only supporting the C2 for now, and also means I can't run pi-hole on the same box as LE is not Debian-based. I guess I could buy a Pi Zero just for pi-hole but that's kind of annoying.

Anybody else try something similar with better-than-RPi alternatives?