Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Also there was talk that she should have been Lara Croft in the films, before Ang got the role . .( I'm talking about Rhona )

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Also there was talk that she should have been Lara Croft in the films, before Ang got the role . .( I'm talking about Rhona )
I could get a chubby thinking about that. But Angie just fucking nailed that role in the original.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, that's likely where that stemmed from, she just looked so much like the games character.

1703009442389.png

are you ok?

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Better Watch Out - Revisit from last year. Still think this is a 7/10 for a lower budget’ish Christmas “horror.” And a good take on the whole babysitter thing.

Interesting to me that the director did this and basically disappeared. I mean sure this wasn’t amazing but it was hardly bad enough for him to give up on directing completely.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Caliane

Candy cane lane. did we have a thread for this? didn't see it get great reviews. But I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. The cgi at first was rough, but grew on me. I wasn't expecting it to go full xmas magic. It got quite a few laughs from me. lots of contemporary references, which are done pretty well. dude even making the sonic joke about collecting rings.
a great deal amount of solid background visuals, and callbacks from earlier in the movie. very tightly written.

solid 8/10 I think.

• 1Seriously?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Candy cane lane. did we have a thread for this? didn't see it get great reviews. But I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. The cgi at first was rough, but grew on me. I wasn't expecting it to go full xmas magic. It got quite a few laughs from me. lots of contemporary references, which are done pretty well. dude even making the sonic joke about collecting rings.
a great deal amount of solid background visuals, and callbacks from earlier in the movie. very tightly written.

solid 8/10 I think.
Youre nuts, this movie was absolute garbage.

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anthropoid. Story of the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich in Prague.

Its not an action movie and it drags in a number of parts. It's "based on a true story". I like Murphy roles for the most part so that elevated it a little bit. Some beautiful shots of Prague. They filmed the entire movine on location. Don't regret watching it but it could have been better. 5/5

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Influencer - 7/10 it's on Shudder. Don't want to spoil it but it follows an influencer on vacation in Thailand. Pretty enjoyable and a quick watch. The dark haired chick has a rocking body too.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I saw the Brady Bunch movie today. Still a fun movie. Saw it in the movies when it came out. They really got the cast and tone right.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Baby Driver. Nearly finished watching the entire Edgar Wright collection. Very stylized, very Wright-esque. The Laundromat scene with all the dryers having single colored clothes in sequence is an example.

Enjoyable flick. 8/10

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Baby Driver. Nearly finished watching the entire Edgar Wright collection. Very stylized, very Wright-esque. The Laundromat scene with all the dryers having single colored clothes in sequence is an example.

Enjoyable flick. 8/10
We need to do that. I showed Blood and Ice Cream movies to wife and she liked them all. She hasn't seen a lot of the others on the list and I haven't seen Baby Driver.

Since we did all the Rocky's she wanted to do Rambo to see how Sly acts in those.

Rock 1 - 3 are probably better movies than Rambo 1 - 3, but I've enjoyed watching John Rambo. Realized that I'd never actually seen Rambo 1 and was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Was very surprising after only knowing the Rambo 2+ character. His breakdown at the end was pretty good and it put a lot of perspective to the character.

Rambo III.... whooo boy. Watching that from a 2024 perspective is something else. Wife was blown away hearing the backstory of the Afghanistan v Russia situation and how it tied in to modern politics. She had no idea about any of that. And the 1988 representation of the mujahideen and that conflict is very interesting. Wasn't as good as Rambo II though. Nothing beats the intro of those explosive tip arrows and the ending.

We'll probably get to the final Rambos this week.

We did watch Family Plan tonight and it is enjoyable only being at the 42 year old having a family point of life. Officially can laugh at the dumb dad jokes and the kid's doing stupid stuff / being out of touch / etc because of living the experience now. Was kind of dumb that it turned in to a big Valorant commercial in the middle.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We need to do that. I showed Blood and Ice Cream movies to wife and she liked them all. She hasn't seen a lot of the others on the list and I haven't seen Baby Driver.

Since we did all the Rocky's she wanted to do Rambo to see how Sly acts in those.

Rock 1 - 3 are probably better movies than Rambo 1 - 3, but I've enjoyed watching John Rambo. Realized that I'd never actually seen Rambo 1 and was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Was very surprising after only knowing the Rambo 2+ character. His breakdown at the end was pretty good and it put a lot of perspective to the character.

Rambo III.... whooo boy. Watching that from a 2024 perspective is something else. Wife was blown away hearing the backstory of the Afghanistan v Russia situation and how it tied in to modern politics. She had no idea about any of that. And the 1988 representation of the mujahideen and that conflict is very interesting. Wasn't as good as Rambo II though. Nothing beats the intro of those explosive tip arrows and the ending.

We'll probably get to the final Rambos this week.

We did watch Family Plan tonight and it is enjoyable only being at the 42 year old having a family point of life. Officially can laugh at the dumb dad jokes and the kid's doing stupid stuff / being out of touch / etc because of living the experience now. Was kind of dumb that it turned in to a big Valorant commercial in the middle.
Original Rambo was enjoyable for the over the top popcorn movie it was.

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Original Rambo was enjoyable for the over the top popcorn movie it was.

I guess compared to modern Michael Bay stuff or other 80s action movies like Commando, original Rambo came off surprisingly not over the top, for me. Which added to the enjoyment and subverted my expectations. Yeah there were some parts but it was way way more low key and focused on Rambo's struggles as a returning vet. Okay, well, the Sheriff and town were HILARIOUSLY over the top prejudiced against Rambo. That part couldn't have been any more funny if you made Rambo black and put him in the deep south.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I guess compared to modern Michael Bay stuff or other 80s action movies like Commando, original Rambo came off surprisingly not over the top, for me. Which added to the enjoyment and subverted my expectations. Yeah there were some parts but it was way way more low key and focused on Rambo's struggles as a returning vet. Okay, well, the Sheriff and town were HILARIOUSLY over the top prejudiced against Rambo. That part couldn't have been any more funny if you made Rambo black and put him in the deep south.
I also think it was one of the first roles for...

Csi Miami Sunglasses GIF

• 1Worf

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Godfather. Haven't seen it in about 20 years. Still a 10/10. Probably enjoyed it more this time than the first time I saw it. Maybe a perfect movie. Maybe the perfect movie.

godfather.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users