Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I did wrap up Hell House II, Hell House III: Lake of Fire, and Hell House Origins. The movies do nothing to try and improve the genre or add anything to this cut/paste footage exercise. In fact, I’d argue that they try to add to it with “better” actors, cameras, and scripts, which really takes away from the grounded nature of the first Hell House. The last one tried something a little new by changing locations but managed to have one of the most insufferable main chicks possible.

I stuck with it because I do appreciate the kooky lore and trying to build something around this dumb idea. Sort of like the Annabelle series or others. Just keep piling on and making stuff up, trying to connect it all. It’s absurd and I kind of love it, for no real good reason.

They’re all pretty much 5/10s. Hell House III may be a 4/10 because it just added nothing and was pretty bad (I mean it tried to add plot and substance but it didn’t matter). The lead character was so unbelievable as any type of “richest man in the world” nonsense. Just make him a regular that wanted to buy the hotel.

On to the next B movie series 😂

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Drop.
James Gandolphini and Tom Hardy. Also Noomi Rapace which has caused me to avoid it til now.

Decent film. Rapace sucks as always. Hardy's accent is pretty shit. How do you have two Euros playing peeps from Brooklyn? Hardy and Gandolphini are solid but Hardy is miscast. He just isn't a knock-around guy from Brooklyn.

7.5/10

Caliane

Riddick.

A while back we were talking about Riddick, and I though I had not ever seen this one. I noticed it was on amazon prime, and watched it.
I think the only thing worse, was realizing that I HAD seen this, and just totally erased it from my mind it was so forgettable.

Theres two major problems. 1. its just a rehash of pitch black. 2. the movie is just utterly convinced Riddick is the coolest, most badass person in the universe, and is just trying so very hard to insist we think so to. it just goes way way too far. so cool. so few words. so badass. so edgelord. like the scene where buatista has him in a hold, and riddick defies physics to do an iron cross and break the hold.
we do see some tits. so theres that.

5/10

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Riddick.

A while back we were talking about Riddick, and I though I had not ever seen this one. I noticed it was on amazon prime, and watched it.
I think the only thing worse, was realizing that I HAD seen this, and just totally erased it from my mind it was so forgettable.

Theres two major problems. 1. its just a rehash of pitch black. 2. the movie is just utterly convinced Riddick is the coolest, most badass person in the universe, and is just trying so very hard to insist we think so to. it just goes way way too far. so cool. so few words. so badass. so edgelord. like the scene where buatista has him in a hold, and riddick defies physics to do an iron cross and break the hold.
we do see some tits. so theres that.

5/10
Can you give me a titless rating?

• 1Like

Caliane

tits didnt actually change the rating. nice and all. but theres plenty of free tits on the internet.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
The Killer, 8/10. Very well made and written, Fast Bender is great in this. Not an action movie so if you have attention span issues this might not be the movie for you however I do have attention span issues and I enjoyed it so whatever.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny... 4/10. Mads Milking Son is wasted in this though anyone in that role would have been. Effects are horrible, cgi is terrible, colour pallet is grotesque, story is moronic, everything about this movie except Mads is just bad. No one is going to convince me that the chick in this attractive, she is not. Movie sucked. Only watched it because The Wife put it on and I was too tired to leave the room.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Dial of Destiny - Woof/10, though I will give them credit to going for that ending.

Klaus (Netflix) - Threw it on for the kid, its a wonderful Christmas movie I recommend to everyone. 10/10, its legit funny I was super suprised.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1702004009790.jpeg

Was really solid. Nice little horror premise, 90 minutes, well shot, convincing characters with a couple really cool moments. Very happy with it.

Then I watched this piece of crap

1702004089897.png

Pet Sematary prequel movie that went as far as establishing a lore reason for Judd to sit on his porch and drink beer. That is not a joke. This does all the bad shit that prequels do. It references the superior source material while providing explanations for questions that either no one asked or the reveal is a hindrance. It does the story of Timmy Baterman coming back dead from the war and his father burying him in the old Mic Mac burial grounds and it's less interesting and less spooky than Fred Gwynn telling his story in the original. No one even tries to do a New England accent which might be a blessing?

Pet Sematary 2 is a trainwreck but it's at least an interesting trainwreck. The reboot from a few years ago doesn't understand the source material at all and is really bad. This is probably worse than either. None of the ways it's bad are interesting or memorable.

Chukzombi Chukzombi didn't even know this thing existed until today

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The past 16 weeks or so we’ve watched all the Rocky movies and last night finished everything with Creed 3.

The whole Rocky saga is really great to watch so close together. There’s a sense of his character growing and going through changes. Individually there are ups and downs, but they’re tolerable since you can directly compare it to what happened yesterday or last week. Almost like watching an 8 episode mini-series and not movies that spanned 40 years.

Creed 3 was just bad. The fighting looked bad, story was bad, script was bad. A very disappointing “end” to what we went through. Creed 2 wasn’t amazing or anything but it at least saw Rocky making up with his kid, being a grandpa. Creed 3 didn’t help Adonis look anything but normal thug and stupid. Jonathan Majors character was dumb. It is funny though seeing him as this whiny ex con and then see him play a whiny idiot that’s supposedly intimidating in Loki.

5/10 - worse than any of the Rockys

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Dial of Destiny since it’s streaming and I wasn’t about to pay money to see it.

It’s not “bad” and it’s way better than Crystal skull but it’s just way too fucking slow. I’m not expecting Harrison to act with the same energy he did 40 years ago though and he’s actually pretty good as an aged more cynical Indiana.

His goddaughter is annoying as fuck and has a cockiness she never earns and her sidekick is just a piss poor Short Round with no actual character.

Mads is good as always but he’s just kind of doing his sinister European thing. No big surprise there.

I think what pissed me off the most was the ending just goes bonkers. Indy is always just slightly adjacent to real magic and they go full tilt with time travel for….I don’t know what reasons.

6/10.

Last edited:

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The Drop.
James Gandolphini and Tom Hardy. Also Noomi Rapace which has caused me to avoid it til now.

Decent film. Rapace sucks as always. Hardy's accent is pretty shit. How do you have two Euros playing peeps from Brooklyn? Hardy and Gandolphini are solid but Hardy is miscast. He just isn't a knock-around guy from Brooklyn.

7.5/10
Noomi isn't bad, think she has just been put in a lot of retarded movies

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Noomi isn't bad, think she has just been put in a lot of retarded movies
I recently watched Girl with the Dragon Tattoo again. She is legit good in it. When I watch her in other shit she just doesn't rise to that level. Something about her just isn't relatable in her roles. Now that being said, her character in GWTDT is also highly unrelatable so perhaps that's why she is good in it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

I recently watched Girl with the Dragon Tattoo again. She is legit good in it. When I watch her in other shit she just doesn't rise to that level. Something about her just isn't relatable in her roles. Now that being said, her character in GWTDT is also highly unrelatable so perhaps that's why she is good in it.
I really liked both version of GWTDT the sail away scene was pretty fun

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I really liked both version of GWTDT the sail away scene was pretty fun
Agreed. I found there is a different version of the original for the US vs the rest of the world. Small edits involving the rape scenes and aftermath.

• 1Like

Homsar

Agreed. I found there is a different version of the original for the US vs the rest of the world. Small edits involving the rape scenes and aftermath.
What version are we talking about? The US is shit on because it's the toUS and what not. It's been a long time since watching them but I feel like the Hollywood version was better for once, both solid movies