Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
BvS was fucking horrid but I agree Xmen apoc was worse. What's amazing is the people involved with making them are probably patting each other on the backs and jerking each other off because they still made money. I just don't get how you take prime source material and fuck it up.. It should be almost impossible to fuck up batman/superman but they do.

Saw Chappie recently it wasnt bad 7/10

It's because they don't really use the source material like books. They take bits and pieces of the material and mash it all together and it comes out like shit.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Star Trek Beyond

6/10

When the music started to play it killed it for me.

Szlia

Sieranevada (9/10): A romanian family gathers for a religious ceremony in remembrance of the dead father/husband/step-brother/uncle/friend in the appartement of the mother/widow/sister/aunt/friend. Cram 16 hungry people in a small appartement, add some alcohol and see how every discussion turns sour. This almost three hours long dark comedy would be pretty good on the simple merit of its fierce humor, but the pacing, the scenography (long takes in tight quarters with a dozen characters!), the constant conversations that jumps from the mundane to the political, to the confessions, to the religious, to the intimate and back, the clever use of sound (almost always a radio or a tv in the background) and an overall theme about the difficulty for an absolute truth to emerge from multiple point of views bring the film to another level. Written and directed by Cristi Puiu who gave us the pretty brilliant The Death of Mr. Lazarescu (an even darker comedy about an old man getting carried from an hospital to the next during a long night).

Could not find a trailer with english subtitles and the couple extract that do are truncated scenes that do not work well in isolation to represent the movie as a whole.

NB: Not out in the US at the moment.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Warcraft - 4/10
Star Trek - 4/10
Hush - 8/10
Independence Day 2 - 3/10
Suicide Squad - 3/10
Lights out - 1/10

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Havent been to impressed with the summer blockbusters thus far. Most I score fairly mid to low. I did just stream Money Monster and enjoyed it. 7/10. Before that Criminal 7/10.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the last two truly great movies I can think of are Deadpool and Fury Road. I really enjoyed The Force Awakens too but I could see how some people wouldn't. I haven't seen Civil War or The Nice Guys yet though, Zootopia was good but I wouldn't call it great.

on the plus side it is truly peak TV era, the number of TV series that are 10/10 is just mind bending. I've got a dozen TV shows queued to watch that are all supposed to be stunning, and I watch a SHIT LOAD of TV

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally got around to watching Batman vs. Superman a few days ago, during a long plane ride. Not at all what I expected. The first 2/3 of the movie was so... awkward/rushed/weird I just turned my brain off and ran with it. WW was the best part of the movie, and she had like, 4 scenes?

spronk

FPS noob
bluray rips of The Nice Guys are out, 9/10. awesome movie, great period setting, and finally Russell Crowe plays the role he is a natural for - a fat, lazy slob who just likes to hit people. I'd love to see a sequel with Crowe and Mel Gibson called The Nicer Guys

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Lobster - 7/10 Solid weird/dark social commentary on our culture's obsession with being in a relationship. At least that's what I got out of it.
The Turbo Kid - Not sure how to rate it. It's an intentional late 80s/early 90s sci-fi/dystopia B-movie clone. If you're in the mood for that, it's a fucking 10/10. It nails the vibe perfectly. Think Prayer of the Roller Boys, Cherry 2000, Solar Babies etc
Prayer of the roller boys was great.

Finally got around to watching warcraft. 2/10 it reminds me of the 2000 d&d movie, which I sadly saw in theaters. Glad I didn't make that mistake here. I like most of the actors but the acting in this is just bad, and it looks like it was filmed low budget. Also I hate the kid playing khadgar.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Whiplash - 9.5/10 - Really loved this one. A movie is great when you become so completely immersed in it despite otherwise not giving two shits about a core component of the film (jazz).
Lone Survivor - 7/10 - Pretty grounded action thriller with embellishments on the true story.
Batman Vs Superman - 4/10 - Forgettable and stupid. Love that music when WW shows up on the scene to kick ass, though.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Whiplash - 9.5/10 - Really loved this one. A movie is great when you become so completely immersed in it despite otherwise not giving two shits about a core component of the film (jazz).
Lone Survivor - 7/10 - Pretty grounded action thriller with embellishments on the true story.
Batman Vs Superman - 4/10 - Forgettable and stupid. Love that music when WW shows up on the scene to kick ass, though.

• 1Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I can't stand Miles Teller and still thought this movie was amazing. JK Simmons crushed it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just watched "The Whole Truth" staring Keanu Reeves and Renee Zellweger.

What in the actual fuck? First up, appearances. Renee is supposed to be 46-47 right now. She looks mid 50's at least. Terrible.
As far as the movie is concerned, it's a lawyer film. Think of it like watching The Devil's Advocate spliced with Sixth Sense. I don't think anyone alive could have imagined that left turn. Talk about a "what the hell just happened?" moment.

Let's take a moment to rewrite Six Sense. Now imagine that the entire movie plays out, but Bruce Willis isn't dead the entire time. Not only is he not dead, but he's actually a "higher being". The whole movie takes place just to fuck with the little kid and completely ruin his mind and make him crazy.

That's what this movie is. The acting was good, don't get me wrong. But the end was such a change of pace.

Ok, You're watching Jaws. After all is said and done, they kill the shark and right when they dock the boat back at the Marina, an Islamic guy runs up, shouting Allahu Akbar, wiping out the survivors..
We're in Ferguson, Missouri. Michael Brown actually did shout "Don't Shoot!" while his hands were up. Oh, and him saying that is on video for the world to see. For some reason, Michael Brown's own father destroys the only piece of evidence, just to help Officer Darren Wilson go free. It doesn't make sense.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Independence Day Resurgence: 7/10. I wasn't expecting more than a sequel to ID4 and.... I didn't get more than that. The CGI was improved but the script was not sooo it was pretty much what I paid for.
The Nice Guys: 8/10. Fun movie but Shane Black's shtick is getting kinda old.

Szlia

Re-watched with a friend who never saw it The Castle of Sand (Suna no utsuwa - 9/10), a japanese police procedural from 1974. There are two brilliant ideas in the structure of this film, the first is that from the get go we know how the murder happened, but the police and the viewers have no clue as to who the victim is and who is that guy he talked with in a bar just before the murder. So the main part of the movie is learning who the victim is and who could have wanted him dead, a chase from lead to lead that paints the life story of a man. The second brilliant idea is a supremely ballsy 2nd part - that I will not spoil here - that cranks the emotion even further than the Spinal-Tap patented 11.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Ted 2 - 8/10, would steal Amanda Seyfried's preciouses over and over again.
Star Trek Beyond - 6/10 seemed like a discarded TV episode plot, and that was the best part about it.
Inside Out - 11/10 probably the best possible movie and I don't even like animated movies.

• 1Like