Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The Interview (1998) Starring Hugo Weaving 8/10

Pretty gripping movie. Starts off with a man being arrested in his apartment and the reason why is slowly revealed during the interrogation process. Incredible performance by Weaving, with some really good direction and lighting. Has some nice twists and turns.

On Netflix

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Endless - Read a lot of hype around this movie, decided to finally give it a go on Netflix. Very Cabin in the Woods feel to it, which is a good thing. Really enjoyed (the lady didn't, but to be expected) it, need to catch the first movie they made. 8.25/10

That sister film, Resolution, I liked better even than The Endless. It's a bit smaller in scale but I liked the story it was telling more.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Booksmart - Fairly formulaic, coming-of-age movie, where surprise, one girl happens to be gay. First half of the movie is an absolute snoozer, tries way too hard. 2nd half picks up enough to make it a date night watch to kill time. 6/10

Ps. Hilarious reading the RT reviews, definitely a lot of bland "oh shit, chick empowerment movie made by a woman. Gotta bloat this score" reviews that are very vague.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
Blinded by the Light - 6/10 pakistani teenager in 1987 small town UK falls in love with Bruce Springsteen music and deals with family, racism, and his future. Main lead actor is charming as hell, story is pretty basic but mostly ok. A little boring and weird at times. Nothing super depressing in this movie so its a decent date night movie, and its kinda fun seeing another look back at mid 80s culture, this movie does an ok (not fantastic, not terrible) job at capturing it. Interesting seeing the small differences in how growing up as a teen in the UK was vs USA. End of the day though the movie doesn't really have a lot to say. I think the director previously did Bend it Like Beckham, and its a very similar type of movie.

weirdly its playing in the dolby theaters at my AMC, the Springsteen music in dolby atmos is pretty awesome

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Woulda been better if halfway through the movie he heard the Manfred Mann cover, tripped on acid and it turned into Fear and Loathing in London.

• 1Worf

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Upgrade - Incredibly fun, liked all of it. The ending wrapped up things fairly well. 8.5/10

The Endless
- Read a lot of hype around this movie, decided to finally give it a go on Netflix. Very Cabin in the Woods feel to it, which is a good thing. Really enjoyed (the lady didn't, but to be expected) it, need to catch the first movie they made. 8.25/10

Hereditary
- Fuck, one of the tensest movies I have ever seen. Very good movie. Loved the mythology tie in. 9/10

mid90s
- All about the idea of a throwback 90s film, especially revolving around shitheads that skateboarded... Movie was, wasn't much of a movie? They did a really solid job with the "feel" of the movie, but it's not something I'd ever watch again. Very much a nostalgia carried "film". 6.5/10

The Endless is that low budget sci-fi indie gem that makes Netflix/any extensive movie database worthwhile - then you realize you have seen them all and only shit remains. Great concept incredibly well done, and I have not yet seen the aforementioned sister movie which centers on the two guys in the house, one of which is trying to kick an addiction.

I thought Hereditary did a GREAT job of making you uncomfortable but just not enough to make you want to stop watching. I thought the ending was rushed and unsatisfying, but otherwise really liked it. Colette (sp? too lazy to google) was amazing.

I watched the Ted Bundy documentary series and fuck me he was one terrifying bastard. Interestingly, I was 19 when he was executed and I discussed with my old friends my dismay that I had no clue as to this entire drama. I was immersed in 3rd year uni but even still I cannot believe I had no concept of Ted Bundy or his execution. Just goes to show you how insulated from a lot of information we were back then. Good or bad as compared to the inundation of information today, I think is still being decided. I am leaning towards bad.

I started watching the Ted Bundy Netflix movie right after, but with High School Musical lead I am having a hard time getting into it. He's TOO good looking to play Bundy.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Watching I Saw The Devil. It was on Netflix or Prime. It's one of the best revenge movies I've ever seen so far. There is a scene in a car that is just outstanding.

The movie is brutal and not shy about showing it.

One of my favorite movies of all time - in a "that's horrible" amazing kind of way. The scene in the cab is amaze-balls.

I watched "Killing of a Sacred Deer" last night, and although the performances were top notch I thought the movie was just slightly too slow paced to keep my attention. The build up in the first 40 mins or so is okay but it starts limping from there.

The dialogue speaking style of this director works, but gets a little annoying as you go along. It makes your connections to the characters break and you lose the emotional impact at the conclusion. It's a conscious creative choice, and I get it, but it breaks immersion now and again for me. And, again, breaks empathy, which is a lot of the reason I get invested in a movie.

I was not smart enough to really "get" the movie, but when I read an article indicating that it was loosely based on a Greek tragedy, and that the kid could basically be compared to a vengeful God who gets annoyed when he stops getting tribute, I understood the whole thing a little more.

I don't even know what score I would give it, but I would not recommend it.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Anna - 7.5/10. I love spy movies, especially spy chick movies like Atomic Blonde, Nikita, Lara Croft, etc and this is one of the better ones. Pretty much Red Sparrow but with a competent cast and better story. Sure, its a bit goofy that a heroin chic 110 lb supermodel is beating up 240 lb guys but whatever, its a movie. The twists are visible a mile away but I still enjoyed it. Doesn't really capture the cold war / 1985-1990 aesthetic very well (cell phones are a big transgression), Atomic Blonde was GREAT with that, but the main actress is pretty hot.

No real nudity, you kinda see some side titty for a bit and she does have a pancake ass but she makes it work.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Train To Busan
Korean zombie flick

Very surprised how good it was. 8/10

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Black 47. Pretty decent revenge flick during the Irish Potato famine. I am a fan of Hugo Weaving so had to watch. 7/10.

White Chamber - 0/10. I made it maybe 15 minutes in but the social commentary about racism in the UK and other progressive bullshit that started "the war" was just too much and shut it off.

Edit - Shiiiiiiiiit the lead in Black 47 was the kid in the Animal Kingdom movie from the 90's. I thought I recognized him but the giant beard and a lot of time has elapsed, but thank you IMDB!

Last edited:

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wake in Fright (1971) – Despite the disgusting scene in which they actually recording the hunting of kangaroos, this was a pretty good movie. It gave me an oily skin feel, like I wanted to run away from the situation as badly as the protagonist did. For that, it was a powerful movie.

Picnic at Hanging Rock (1975) – I love and hate this movie. I love it because it makes you intrigued/terrified. But I hate it because it is the cinematic equivalent to getting blue balls from a girl you’ve been crushing on for years.

Mad Max (1979) – Loved it for what it doesn’t focus on; a society on the verge of collapse but still obsessed with vehicles, marauding gangs of biker-savages, and police officers in supped-up cars. Also for what it does focus on; stunts, characters, and performances.

Breaker Morant (1980) – Loved it because of how the two stories were intertwined. The editing was absolutely amazing, especially the cut-aways. And it also felt like a war movie set in the wild west.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wake in Fright (1971) – Despite the disgusting scene in which they actually recording the hunting of kangaroos, this was a pretty good movie. It gave me an oily skin feel, like I wanted to run away from the situation as badly as the protagonist did. For that, it was a powerful movie.

Picnic at Hanging Rock (1975) – I love and hate this movie. I love it because it makes you intrigued/terrified. But I hate it because it is the cinematic equivalent to getting blue balls from a girl you’ve been crushing on for years.

Mad Max (1979) – Loved it for what it doesn’t focus on; a society on the verge of collapse but still obsessed with vehicles, marauding gangs of biker-savages, and police officers in supped-up cars. Also for what it does focus on; stunts, characters, and performances.

Breaker Morant (1980) – Loved it because of how the two stories were intertwined. The editing was absolutely amazing, especially the cut-aways. And it also felt like a war movie set in the wild west.

Breaker Morant was a favorite of mine back in the day.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

Watched this last night on Amazon Prime due to your recommendation. Was great.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just finished MI-5 with John Snow/Targaryen on Netflix. Not great; Not terrible. Damn but that boy is tiny. I swear he could saddle and ride my German Shepherd like a horse.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I'm Australian and I still had to look that one up.

It's not really allowed unless you're granted a permit, mostly for a land owner in an area that has an over-population. He will often hire professional 'Roo hunters'.

Plus here there is such restrictions on gun overship that we don't have any notion of hunting as being a past-time. People will own firearms to be sports shooters. Target / clay pidgeon or misc pistol varieties, Practical etc. There just isn't a hunting sub-culture of any size.

• 1Like