Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Goatface

i liked the hunt, the story around it is pretty nuts too. btw, the chick has been topless in other stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i liked the hunt, the story around it is pretty nuts too. btw, the chick has been topless in other stuff.
Has there ever been a more perfect example of "resting bitch face" than the blonde star? Her face in the film is 90 minutes of "fuck you asshole".

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I watched all 3 of the Fear Street movies on Netflix. Very 90's throwback vibe which was cool. The first movie was definitely the best and then they got a little more lame as they went on. The third movie was definitely the most boring of them all and it felt a bit dragged on by the halfway mark. Would give it a 6/10 overall for all 3.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wife had never seen the Glass trilogy, so we watched them the other night. She was freaked by Split but really enjoyed Unbreakable and Glass. Despite some justifiable criticism of the quick turn at the end, I really ended up enjoying Glass (had not seen it prior) a great deal for the acting by Samuel L and McAvoy. McAvoy should have gotten an Oscar or two for those two movies, just on the body language of his transitions alone.

Also rewatched Ballad of Buster Scruggs and on rewatch, I have to say the Mortal Remains (final vignette) is one of the favorite things I have seen on film in a long time. So many little hidden nuggets in that entire bit.

In terms of new movies, have not watched shit, but am really looking forward to Free Guy.

• 1Like

Goatface

Also rewatched Ballad of Buster Scruggs and on rewatch, I have to say the Mortal Remains (final vignette) is one of the favorite things I have seen on film in a long time. So many little hidden nuggets in that entire bit.

i was meh on Mortal Remains. Gold Canyon has some of prettiest scenery think i have seen in a movie and really enjoy it, the opening and franco's story. if it was just those 3 stories would gave it a 9. the girl's story was good, but sad. meal ticket was just too depressing and long.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched about 75% of the Wrestler with Mickey Rourke. Movie is good and the acting script is solid. It's just fucking depressing. After the meltdown with the stripper amd the direction this thing was heading I just I just couldn't finish it for the happy ending I knew wasn't coming from Aronofsky.

Maybe sometime when I'm depressed I'll finish it so I don't feel so bad about whatever depressed me.

8.5/10 if you like depressing movies. +1 point for Milf Marissa Tormei stripping her ass off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Watched She Out of Your League.

Alice Eve absolutely smoking hot in it but its really just a less funny The Girl Next Door or Superbad.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

I watched all 3 of the Fear Street movies on Netflix. Very 90's throwback vibe which was cool. The first movie was definitely the best and then they got a little more lame as they went on. The third movie was definitely the most boring of them all and it felt a bit dragged on by the halfway mark. Would give it a 6/10 overall for all 3.
I liked the second the best.

Great gore effects on all 3. but, not Hostile style gut wrenchingly gross.

1. was ok. SJW bullshit was about 15%. The movie did not feel like it was set in 1994. None of the actors were acting like that period. and the black/white lesbian couple leads sure didn't help that along.
2. 1978 I thought was the best. Felt the most like that actual period. Learn more about the witch. sjw bullshit at 0. as the sisters were way more interesting, and believable.
sister twist was kindof retarded. since, the story was supposed to be the girl recounting the story in the present.. was she talking in the 3rd person the whole time?
3. 1666 was the weakest. alot of dumb bullshit with history. sjw ramps up. again, black/white lesbians. accused of being witches by jilted white man. and finale makes almost no sense.
white man hysterically purging.
no Catholic resolution when dealing with the Devil. technically sjw bullshit. why does killing the dude free the souls? why does that not just empower the devil more? At no point do these assholes even consider praying, or going to a Church. What is the Nature of souls? sarah a supposed protestant, when charged with witchcraft, says, "Ok, maybe I will just sell my soul to the devil to avoid being killed." what? mortal death is NOTHING compared to eternal slavery to the devil. and a Protestant should fucking know that. "the punishment for being a witch is hanging" no. the punishment for being a witch is burning. HANGING, is to prove they are a witch. innocents die and go to heaven. Witches live. you can just offer someone ELSES soul up to be a slave to the devil? And again, they are just let free, after the living heir dies? where is that said, and why? Does Sam have nothing to comment on, afterwords? no thoughts on what it was like being a slave to the devil?

yeah, maybe 6/10.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Blood red sky - rating=infuriating

This is a Netflix film, I watched it in German with subtitles. The things that are amazing about this are numerous. The storyline is fantastic. The setup, which is ruined, is awesome. The execution is great. The pacing is really good. This had the potential to be one of the great Netflix films.

Things that made it not that. The picture they used for the film spoils 20% of the movie. Some of the acting is terrible. It's heavily infected with SJW BS. Every white male is bad or incompetent. This can be ok but it's literally every one and obviously so. Like they beat you over the head with it Every Muslim is a hero and misunderstood. Again, they beat you over the head with it. I guess what I'm saying is the characters as written are basically stereotypes and uninteresting. The screen writers should be fired and never work in movies again. It's bad enough that I'll look up their names and avoid their work. This is a case study in how to ruin something that has all the potential in the world.

I really wanted to enjoy it. I'll probably just drop Netflix and not look back. I'll miss the Korean and Japanese stuff.

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Replicas, just a bad movie. Nothing interesting is explored with the concept of transplanting brains/cloning and the movie is filled with an endless amount of plot holes surrounding the cloning aspect. Also the CGI at the very end was god awful considering this was made in 2018. Alice Eve makes a fine milf though.

Bringing Out the Dead, good movie. Nicholas Cage is his usual self but works well considering the story and Ving Rhames, Tom Siezemore and John Goodman all give great pefromances. The lighting is a little annoying though, they went a little too overboard with the ethereal look they where going for.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Watched She Out of Your League.

Alice Eve absolutely smoking hot in it but its really just a less funny The Girl Next Door or Superbad.
Alice Eve is just ungodly levels of hot in that movie. I'd have used to her tampon as a teabag during that period of her career.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Kill Me Three Times

Simon Pegg plays a hitman

6/10

Not bad if you're bored and looking for something to watch.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Watched The Irishman.

Hollywood can fuck off with deaging tech. Doesnt matter if you can use your computers to make a geriatric look like a weird looking 30 something. They will still have the mannerisms and mobility of a 75 year old.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Watched The Irishman.

Hollywood can fuck off with deaging tech. Doesnt matter if you can use your computers to make a geriatric look like a weird looking 30 something. They will still have the mannerisms and mobility of a 75 year old.
That movie was a complete waste.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Imperium with Harry Potter. FBI undercover movie about white supremacists and dirty bombs. 7/10. Enjoyable.

Hangman with Pacino and Karl Urban. 3/10. Suspension of disbelief is one thing. But this takes it to another level. It reminded me of Castle where we are supposed to believe some nobody reporter has "total access" to a seriel killer case and literally ends up within 10' of the killer 3 or times. Urban and Deniro look like they phoned it in for the paycheck.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Imperium with Harry Potter. FBI undercover movie about white supremacists and dirty bombs. 7/10. Enjoyable.

Hangman with Pacino and Karl Urban. 3/10. Suspension of disbelief is one thing. But this takes it to another level. It reminded me of Castle where we are supposed to believe some nobody reporter has "total access" to a seriel killer case and literally ends up within 10' of the killer 3 or times. Urban and Deniro look like they phoned it in for the paycheck.
He's good actor now. He was solid in Jungle.

Watched the sequel to Ghost Rider. I didn't know there was a sequel. No rating because standard Cage film.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Christine. It's been a long time since I've seen it. Pretty solid King flick that's aged well.

Watch it now.

Shitters.

Christine.jpg

• 1Like