Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
13th Warrior is an awesome movie.

Recently watched Guns Akimbo since I was bored and holy shit was is bad. I tried to turn my brain off and just enjoy it but it was so over the top stupid with a nonsensical plot. It had potential to be a decent rewatchable action flick but it was ruined by stupid.

5afee48f1e000043008e5ecd.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The 13th Warrior. Still awesome. Well worth watching if you have never seen it.

Buliwyf: 'Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see--
Herger the Joyous: --my mother, and my sisters...
Buliwyf: and my brothers.
Herger the Joyous: 'Lo, there do I see the line--
Edgtho the Silent: --of my people, back to the beginning.
Weath the Musician: 'Lo, they do call to me.
Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: They bid me take my place among them.
Buliwyf: In the halls of Valhalla...
Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: Where the brave...
Herger the Joyous: May live...
Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: ...forever.
This is on my short list of movies that I will just turn on for background noise and then end up watching the whole thing. I love this fucking movie, and particularly the part that you quoted. That final scene of Buliwyf is goddamn powerful, but the whole fucking movie is just amazing. Even the interaction with the girl he is briefly with is perfect.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

while i really like 13th warrior, always wanted them to release Eaters of the Dead just to see how different it was.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
HBO Max dropped a pile of Clint Eastwood stuff. Give it a look if you are feeling lucky.
Punk.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
HBO Max dropped a pile of Clint Eastwood stuff. Give it a look if you are feeling lucky.
Punk.
I watched Where Eagles Dare the other night for the first time in forever. The wife of course was like "it's boring". Sigh.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Freejack - 2.5/5. Basically a big budget sci fi b movie from the early 90s starring Emilio Estivez, Renee Russo and Mick Jagger. Interesting concept of snatching people from the past the moment before they die to repurpose their bodies in the future but the movie instead focuses on a lot of meh action. Johnny Mnemonic without the cult classic appeal.

Also how in the hell was WALLE made?

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Freejack - 2.5/5. Basically a big budget sci fi b movie from the early 90s starring Emilio Estivez, Renee Russo and Mick Jagger. Interesting concept of snatching people from the past the moment before they die to repurpose their bodies in the future but the movie instead focuses on a lot of meh action. Johnny Mnemonic without the cult classic appeal.

That era had such great sci-fi potential and almost all the movies end up as total shit. Its like they spend insane money on budgets and the movies end up looking like shit I could film in my backyard with my phone. +1 for Mick Jagger though.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
the creature wasn't nice. Also called Spaceship. It's a leslie nielsen movie. The corny shit still holds up.

Fucker

Log Wizard

Is that the one where EE is a race car driver and got killed hitting a sign? It can happen!

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
looking like shit
Pretty much. There was quite an elaborate chase scene in NYC but it was just all so bland, though that might have been the fault of pretty bad set design.
Is that the one where EE is a race car driver and got killed hitting a sign? It can happen!

Yeah that's it. Though in the movie he slams into an overpass.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. 5/5. I learned something and was entertained. Loved it. Can’t believe I missed this when it came out in ‘07.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. 5/5. I learned something and was entertained. Loved it. Can’t believe I missed this when it came out in ‘07.
It was a damned solid flick. Even tiny Affleck did a good job.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
The Guilty. Jake Gyllenhaal. A few uncomfortable moments in there. Up at the usual places. Worth a watch.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
Protege - 7/10. Maggie Q, Samuel L Jackson, Michael Keaton. Enjoyable female assassin around the globe movie, elevated by a great cast. A night and tight 95 mins, just like Maggie Q.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Kate - 2/10

Movie was too long and nonsensical. I like the lead in general but she is totally unconvincing in this role. The only points came from the nice, continuous brutality up until the last 30 minutes.

This movie was 106 minutes and that was at least 20 minutes too many. Before the movie even started I told my wife that I was certain I would be able to pick 16 minutes that should be cut to tighten the movie. Not only was I right, if they would have made it 80 to 85 minutes it might have been enough to make it competitive with movies like Crank and Walking Tall solely because of the decision to push the action.

I wish I could go to a the movie production companies and slap the shit out of all the people who greenlight movies. I cannot stress enough how much worse they allow their movies to be simply because they are too long. If there is any place that I support reigning in directors, it is run time. Unless you are paying a director to make a film whose success depends on story telling, you shouldn't be breaking the 90 min barrier for many movies regardless of genre

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Stepford Wives - 1/5. This movie was fucking awful. Its like someone took a comedy, feminist bullshit and horror and threw it into a blender with a pile of puke. Its just so horribly written. Youre supposed to feel bad for the main character being turned into a stepford wife but shes a truly evil cunt so being turned into one is a big improvement for humanity so it makes no sense.

• 1Great Review
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Jay and Silent Bob Reboot: 5/10

I knew it wasn't going to be anything special going into it and it lived up to my expectations in that it was completely forgettable. It just felt like a phone in cash grab from Kevin Smith and it's exactly what it was even with the self aware deprecation it just bad, and none of the jokes hit. Was interesting in the nostalgia kind of way to see these people and some of them haven't aged well at all goddamnn Jason Mewes looked fucked up. Also Joey Lauren Adams from Chasing Amy looked fucking beat, so did Shaman Elizabeth too, fucking aging is a mother fucker. Pretty much everyone in the movie was acting so poorly it was like they didn't want to be there. Anyways I used to like Kevin Smith movies, I remember seeing Clerks back as a teen and thinking it was amazing but over time the dude has turned into a big SJW fag and it shows in his quality of work, or lack thereof I should say.

• 3Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
For whatever reason (I the blame cold medicine I've been drinking after my boy brought home the first virus of the school year) I watched music documentaries the last couple of days:

Count Me In - Doc about drummers and drumming. They focus a little bit too much on some nobody female drummer, but the others (including the other 2 females) are pretty cool and fun to listen to. A solid 8/10.

If I Leave Here Tomorrow - Doc about Lynyrd Skynyrd. This was awesome, I am among those people who know the hits but nothing about the band. Highly recommend 10/10.

That Little Old Band From Texas - Doc about ZZ Top. Was really good, especially since they were still all alive when this was filmed (bassist died in 2019) and they were jamming throughout. 8/10.

Goatface

That Little Old Band From Texas - Doc about ZZ Top. Was really good, especially since they were still all alive when this was filmed (bassist died in 2019) and they were jamming throughout. 8/10.
he died 2 months ago

• 2Like