Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched Kate the other night on Netflix. Its not a "good" movie. Its definitely not original. But... It has Woody Harrelson, Mary Elizabeth Winstead (who at 37 is still hot) and takes place in Japan. All three of these are plusses in my book. Its not bad, its basically Crank with a chick in the lead role and deals with the Yakuza. Don't go in expecting much and you wont be disappointed. 5/10

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
3000 miles to Graceland 1/5 - God this movie was awful. The camera work and music selection is truly bizarre. So many cringe slow motion shots all the while some incredibly out of place music is playing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
3000 miles to Graceland 1/5 - God this movie was awful. The camera work and music selection is truly bizarre. So many cringe slow motion shots all the while some incredibly out of place music is playing.
WTF? 3k to Graceland is awesome. You sire, have no taste in movies.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
WTF? 3k to Graceland is awesome. You sire, have no taste in movies.
Lol its too all over the place. It almost gets into the so bad its funny territory with ice-t dangling upside from a rope as he flies through a warehouse doing a death blossom with p90s killing a dozen cops but just a few minutes before that you have Costner punching a kid in the face making the kid cry.

Courtney Cox wasnt a bad milf though.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I like the film but that's a fair criticism. I think it opens up with a CGI scorpion fight? If it was a bit more focused it could have been in the same league as something like Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels or The Usual Suspects instead of being more of a cult film.

Similarly yet differently I wish Way of the Gun was better. Juliette Lewis and the arc of her character drags the whole fucking thing down.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
3k isn't high theater I grant you. It's a popcorn movie with Kurt and Kevin. Costner actually steals the show from Kurt in my opinion.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Been watching random asian stuff on the roku streaming channels lately and saw a korean movie called Hide and Seek. It's about this psycho lady and kid that kill people and move into their house and take their things. It was pretty good.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

I was rummaging through Amazon Prime and came across this and watched it (sorta) solely on the Amazon Prime description, which I see is also the same as the imdb one... even better

In the sci-fi thriller The Philadelphia Experiment the sole survivor of a wartime experiment is catapulted 41 years into the future and must race to save the world as we know it. It's now 10 years later- 1993.

Movie delivered as promised, it was indeed ten years later in 1993. Oh, I fell asleep and don't remember what happened because it was boring.

Sterling

El Presidente
I like the film but that's a fair criticism. I think it opens up with a CGI scorpion fight? If it was a bit more focused it could have been in the same league as something like Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels or The Usual Suspects instead of being more of a cult film.

Similarly yet differently I wish Way of the Gun was better. Juliette Lewis and the arc of her character drags the whole fucking thing down.
Way of the Gun is pretty much all downhill after one of my favorite opening scenes to any movie ever.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Way of the Gun is pretty much all downhill after one of my favorite opening scenes to any movie ever.

You've got Benicio del Toro and James Caan having some screen time together which is good and then it's got a decent shootout at the end. I fucking love when Ryan Filippe jumps in to that fucking fountain. AAAAAAAAAHHH

But yeah, it goes in to a steep decline before recovering only a bit to close out the film.

Sterling

El Presidente
You've got Benicio del Toro and James Caan having some screen time together which is good and then it's got a decent shootout at the end. I fucking love when Ryan Filippe jumps in to that fucking fountain. AAAAAAAAAHHH

But yeah, it goes in to a steep decline before recovering only a bit to close out the film.
It does have some good moments, but it also should have been awesome and the first time watching it you assumed it would be with that intro. But that's not what happened unfortunately

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Internship - 7/10. This movie is still hilarious. Vaughn and Wilson are just such a great duo and Will Ferrell's cameos are always great.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Green Knight - Can I go into minus numbers? Quite possibly the worst movie I've seen all year.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

It stars Reb Brown so obviously it's terrible and it truly is, but in the best ways. Rip off of Rambo 2 but not nearly as blatantly as Robowar was to Predator. There are some great dummy kills, terrible terrible one liners, nonsensical plot elements, and the acting is... well some of Reb Brown's best so it still sucks but how can you not love Reb Brown?. 3/10 if you like good movies, 7.5/10 if you like bad Philippines/Italian knock offs.

The sequel doesn't have Reb Brown but it is supposed to be the same guy so I couldn't be bothered with it.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched Fury again tonight. Everytime I give up on Hollywood woke shit I see films like this and think fuck, I know they can make amazing films. They just have to want to do it. 10/10

• 3Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Marriage story. Great acting. Bland story, was expecting more, but it’s lost in dumb legal stuff that’s horrible compared to Eurocuckistan. Not worth a rewatch bc the theme is so predictable. Lesson is lawyers feed of our lives. Also women rationalize what they’re entitled to, fingerbang-bang - 6/10.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have been on a Clint Eastwood kick lately. Watched Thunderbolt and Lightfoot again. Something about the shows from that Era. I didn't realize until tonight it was written and directed by Michael Cimino.

Obviously the action is not up to today's standards but these older films had more heart to them. Premise is simple yet effective. Guys Rob an armored car place years ago and lose the money. So they decide to rob it again the exact same way figuring no one would ever expect it.

If you like older films is worth a watch.

• 1Solidarity

Goatface

1633840753184.png

7/10 pretty good simple late western

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Caught "the Founder" last night. Story of Ray Kroc the McDonald's guy. Learned some shit, Michael Keaton was on his game. By the end of the movie I am like "wow I had no idea he was such a scumbag". 7/10. Enjoyed it.

• 3Like