Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Caught "the Founder" last night. Story of Ray Kroc the McDonald's guy. Learned some shit, Michael Keaton was on his game. By the end of the movie I am like "wow I had no idea he was such a scumbag". 7/10. Enjoyed it.
When they give the stat at the end on how much that family would of made off their like 1% share is insane and you feel so bad for them. 10/10 huge scumbag.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When they give the stat at the end on how much that family would of made off their like 1% share is insane and you feel so bad for them. 10/10 huge scumbag.
Yeah I was actually thinking at the time in the movie that "I bet he fucks them out of the royalty". $100m a year. Fuck.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Rewatched The Martian. In light of corona this movie really doesnt sit right with me now as the government is shown to be way too competent and understanding. Also donald glover's character was incredibly annoying. Was he in the book?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

critic.jpg

This was one of the highlights where she "hacks" in to this drive...

HD Hack.gif

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Shining - 7/10 still a solid movie but moved pretty slow for todays standards in a horror/suspense movie.

• 2WTF
  • 1Seriously?

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Naked Fear - 5/10 supposedly a horror movie, it isn't that. Basically a guy hires a woman and not to much later strips her naked and hunts her. She's naked for a lot of the movie. The movie is not good, her body is. The 5 is for the nudity.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Went and watched Aliens:covenant because prometheus was a shit movie and thought how could this be worse.

Well, it wasn't worse. 2/10 I Swear the owners of the aliens franchise are just as stupid as the people who own star wars.

• 3Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Went and watched Aliens:covenant because prometheus was a shit movie and thought how could this be worse.

Well, it wasn't worse. 2/10 I Swear the owners of the aliens franchise are just as stupid as the people who own star wars.

Covenant is so much dreck to get to one or two good scenes with David and Not David.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Covenant is so much dreck to get to one or two good scenes with David and Not David.
Jesus christ this.

I recently bought a collection bluray pack of all Aliens movies for $26 mainly for 1, 2 and slightly 3. Went and rewatched Prometheus and then Covenant to see how well my new A80J performs good god I forgot absolutely awful Covenant was. Prometheus is not good but visually its pretty damn good looking and the stupidity doesnt really get going until the second half. Covenant though right away its just full retard and it never lets up. The idiots in Prometheus come off as geniuses compared to the utter retards that are in Covenant.

Really have to wonder what in the fuck is up with Ridley. Guy is a damn schizo when it comes to movie making. One second he makes Alien, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down
then its Robin Hood, and two bad to very bad Aliens movies.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Really have to wonder what in the fuck is up with Ridley. Guy is a damn schizo when it comes to movie making. One second he makes Alien, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down
then its Robin Hood, and two bad to very bad Aliens movies.

To me it was like watching two movies with a scientific, high-minded vision and the director says "lets fill these scientific missions with a bunch of retarded truckers".

It worked in alien, because they were literally just space truckers in over their head. The two new ones, the characters all act retarded and I really can't say anything good about any of it. They could have made a genuinely creepy and suspenseful movie by focusing on david and his weird obsession. All the characters running around were just stupid noise.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I hardly watch any contemporary movies and Covenant still managed to make me 100% done with the overblown video-gamey action sequences in films. See Terminator:Genysis, see Covenant, done forever.

Space truckers work in Alien because of how grounded everything is. We're in the future and transporting ore is pretty boring. The ship mostly does all the work. In Covenant the pilot decides to fucking steer the entire fucking colony ship in to low orbit in to an electrical storm to maybe get a better radio signal because his wife is in danger. It choose the most absurd, farcical stakes to not get 1/10th the drama of Ripley and Ash arguing about protocol while Kane has a thing on his face.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
i am halfway through Transformers 5: The Last Knight and it's as bad as Monster Hunter and equally as moronic however it is not as fun to hate. This is just dumb, ugly, over saturated, and nonsense and like all these Transformers movies tries to be funny while taking itself too seriously.

-3/10

Wolfcop, it's good bad. Watch the Joe Bob Briggs version of Shudder/AMC+ if you can.

6.5/10

As for Prometheus and Alien: Convenient, they are extremely well polished turds. In a very real way they are both prophetic of the absolute drop-off in the quality of writing in modern films, so many well made movies right now are just garbage because of the writing.

Edit: Hey Zeus almighty, I forgot Sir Anthony Hopkins is in this fucking Transforms movies. He should be fucking ashamed of himself for this.

Edit: Hopkins just gave a line about a car/tranformer that went something like "And what a bitchin car it is!" and his delivery is just so fucking over the top and hilarious I actually forgive him for being in this movie. This is his "Frank Langella being in Masters of the Universe" (Langella claimed this was his favorite role of all time because of how much fun he had just chewing the scenery) moment. I laughed for about 5 minutes after I saw that scene, I am revising my rating;

-2.5/10

The clip i was referring to earlier;

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
I hardly watch any contemporary movies and Covenant still managed to make me 100% done with the overblown video-gamey action sequences in films. See Terminator:Genysis, see Covenant, done forever.

Space truckers work in Alien because of how grounded everything is. We're in the future and transporting ore is pretty boring. The ship mostly does all the work. In Covenant the pilot decides to fucking steer the entire fucking colony ship in to low orbit in to an electrical storm to maybe get a better radio signal because his wife is in danger. It choose the most absurd, farcical stakes to not get 1/10th the drama of Ripley and Ash arguing about protocol while Kane has a thing on his face.
Directors think movies have to be loud and bangey start to finish in order to keep viewer attention. Mostly, I find it as pleasant as a room full of children banging on pots and pans.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I want to see a writer/director to to have an epiphany and write a movie where there is a pivitol decision and one character suggests something really stupid and the hero goes "are you kidding? Didn't you ever watch movies? That's how people get killed in movies. We are doing this instead ".

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I want to see a writer/director to to have an epiphany and write a movie where there is a pivitol decision and one character suggests something really stupid and the hero goes "are you kidding? Didn't you ever watch movies? That's how people get killed in movies. We are doing this instead ".

It's been done. Quite a few times.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
i am halfway through Transformers 5: The Last Knight and it's as bad as Monster Hunter and equally as moronic however it is not as fun to hate. This is just dumb, ugly, over saturated, and nonsense and like all these Transformers movies tries to be funny while taking itself too seriously.

-3/10

Wolfcop, it's good bad. Watch the Joe Bob Briggs version of Shudder/AMC+ if you can.

6.5/10

As for Prometheus and Alien: Convenient, they are extremely well polished turds. In a very real way they are both prophetic of the absolute drop-off in the quality of writing in modern films, so many well made movies right now are just garbage because of the writing.

Edit: Hey Zeus almighty, I forgot Sir Anthony Hopkins is in this fucking Transforms movies. He should be fucking ashamed of himself for this.

Edit: Hopkins just gave a line about a car/tranformer that went something like "And what a bitchin car it is!" and his delivery is just so fucking over the top and hilarious I actually forgive him for being in this movie. This is his "Frank Langella being in Masters of the Universe" (Langella claimed this was his favorite role of all time because of how much fun he had just chewing the scenery) moment. I laughed for about 5 minutes after I saw that scene, I am revising my rating;

-2.5/10

The clip i was referring to earlier;

I fucking love WolfCop. It really leans into the B movie. The copy pasta sex scene is hilarious.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Amazon.com: Scream - 1996 - 11 x 17 Movie Poster - Style B: Prints: Posters  & Prints

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I want to writer director to to have an epiphany and write a movie where there is a pivitol decision and one character suggests something really stupid and the hero goes "are you kidding? Didn't you ever watch movies? That's how people get killed in movies. We are doing this instead ".
I totally forgot about Scream. I stand corrected. And that shit did work in the film.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Scream also manages to be meta without becoming a parody which is tough to do. It's a shame it spawned a host of awful sequels and copycats.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users