Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Hitman Agent 47 2/5 - Its like someone wanted to recreate John Wick on a budget with an "established" ip mixed with a dose of absurdity from the Resident Evil movies. Was Hitman specifically gory/violent? Because it seems like in the middle of the movie they tried to recreate Saw. Great example of a movie that would have really benefited from having a competent advisor on the set. For example seeing the embassy Marines wear their covers like baseball caps and the one guard call 47 sir when he was clearly wearing a enlisted uniform is just wtf man.

Star Trek into darkness 1/5 - This movie is offensively stupid akin to Prometheus. Only good things about this movie was Alice eve showing off her perfect body and khan not cucking out and brutally killing the space robocop in front of his daughter after smashing her leg. Kirk in particular is absolutely horrible, guy is a star ship captain yet acts exactly like a 16 year old kid.

Seriously now;

How the hell does starfleet not realize theres a space battle going on in Lunar orbit?

How does star fleet not know two of their star ships randomly enter earth's atmosphere?

How the hell does a space ship that was presumably in Lunar orbit in one second somehow start falling towards the earth the next second?

Perfectly explains the path the star wars sequels went down.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Star Trek into darkness 1/5 - This movie is offensively stupid akin to Prometheus. Only good things about this movie was Alice eve showing off her perfect body and khan not cucking out and brutally killing the space robocop in front of his daughter after smashing her leg. Kirk in particular is absolutely horrible, guy is a star ship captain yet acts exactly like a 16 year old kid.

Seriously now;

How the hell does starfleet not realize theres a space battle going on in Lunar orbit?

How does star fleet not know two of their star ships randomly enter earth's atmosphere?

How the hell does a space ship that was presumably in Lunar orbit in one second somehow start falling towards the earth the next second?

The first Abrams Trek was just about as bad if you stop and really look at it, the dude is a fucking hack. The cringeworthy third movie is the best of the new movies by virtue of only being mediocre and not being packed full of universe destroying plot devices.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
The first Abrams Trek was just about as bad if you stop and really look at it, the dude is a fucking hack. The cringeworthy third movie is the best of the new movies by virtue of only being mediocre and not being packed full of universe destroying plot devices.
That was the one where Spock came from another universe and failed to stop a world from blowing up right? With how bad Into Darkness was I didnt have any interest in going back and rewatching it.

I get why he works in this day and age. Perfect for the add riddled zoomers who cant stop to think about basic concepts and consistency.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Star Trek Open Bracket Two-Thousand Nine Closed Bracket gets a pass from me because the previous Star Trek movie I had seen was Star Trek : Nemesis and I fucking loathe that dark, violent, gore-filled piece of vile shit. Star Trek (2009) is a bright, fun space adventure. It's shiny and dumb but it was such a shift in tone and quality that it won me over.

Star Trek In To Darkness is more of that dark trash that I don't want. It was such a fucking chore to even get through. It's why I'll probably never watch Picard. I can find that kind of science fiction anywhere but there's precious few optimistic takes on the future and humanity. I'm not interested in seeing Icheb harvested for his borg implants or Space Legolas decapitate people.

Sterling

El Presidente
The first Abrams Trek movie was pretty bad at being Trek. As a random space adventure movie I think it's sort of passably mediocre. High production value, a loaded and mostly charismatic cast, and some reasonably fun action makes it better than most of the Next Gen movies at least even if you'd hope for more. Into Darkness is real, real bad though.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This is actually a good list and I thought I would share it. Has some of the best and or favorite Zombie films.

For example-
Cemetary Man, One Cut of the Dead, Night of the Comet, and Night of the Creeps.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This is actually a good list and I thought I would share it. Has some of the best and or favorite Zombie films.

For example-
Cemetary Man, One Cut of the Dead, Night of the Comet, and Night of the Creeps.

Many many moons ago before Maddox became a total fucking queer faggot he did a review for a zombie move that was actually pretty accurate. Dawn of the Dead remake is still amazing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Hitman Agent 47 2/5 - Its like someone wanted to recreate John Wick on a budget with an "established" ip mixed with a dose of absurdity from the Resident Evil movies. Was Hitman specifically gory/violent? Because it seems like in the middle of the movie they tried to recreate Saw. Great example of a movie that would have really benefited from having a competent advisor on the set. For example seeing the embassy Marines wear their covers like baseball caps and the one guard call 47 sir when he was clearly wearing a enlisted uniform is just wtf man.

Seriously now;

The biggest problem of all: HOW IN FUCK DID THEY BUILD A GIANT SPACESHIP IN SECRET. The new Enterprise itself is HUGE and the bad guy one dwarfed it.

The only character that worked is Spock. The rest don't fit at all.

I sure got tired of being told Spock and Kirk are going to be bestest friends ever. Seems like they say that every 5 minutes.

But yes, the new Treks are piles of stupid.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Gah replied to the first page. I am a fucking moron. Sorry Chanur.

Anyway....

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The Shadow of Violence. Also known as Calm With Horses in Europe, apparently.

This movie gave me mixed emotions. On the one hand, the scenes between Arm and his autistic kid were uncomfortable (and supposed to be), and I'm not a fan of that in movies anymore even as an effective plot device - definitely a personal issue.

On the other hand, the lead actor nailed the character perfectly, balancing a quiet potential for violence versus an obviously sensitive man with a broken heart.

The opening narrative monologue, which stretches through the first scene and a bit after, is poignant. And the ending really gutted me, not sure why, but I re-watched it a couple of times. Not to spoil it too much (you see it coming anyway), the ending has a Man on Fire-esque feel to it, not as good clearly (Man on Fire is in my top 20 movies of all time), but still emotionally moving nonetheless.

I give it a fair to good rating, it's one of those movies you need to be in the mood for, and I caught it at the perfect moment. I loved it.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The cop has been in several badass Korean flicks too. Check out A Bittersweet Life.
Yeah the other lead is in a lot of movies too. He's delved into the SK sappy shit which, of course, I hate because I have testosterone, but he's a good actor. He's branching into the US with GI Joe and some other projects I see in IMDB. But he's no Choi Min-sik lol.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

This was pretty hit or miss for me. Love the idea and potential but the whole movie is missing something. It is slow, but I didn't mind that. The acting isn't great, but whatever. Even with everything being mediocre there still isn't a great overall story put together. Almost no answers are given by the conclusion, which could be a good thing in certain movies, but here it just seems annoying. Eh, oh well. I'd like to check out the director's other two films Synchronicity and The Signal.

5.5/10

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

This was pretty hit or miss for me. Love the idea and potential but the whole movie is missing something. It is slow, but I didn't mind that. The acting isn't great, but whatever. Even with everything being mediocre there still isn't a great overall story put together. Almost no answers are given by the conclusion, which could be a good thing in certain movies, but here it just seems annoying. Eh, oh well. I'd like to check out the director's other two films Synchronicity and The Signal.

5.5/10
Does it say anything that I watched both The Signal and Synchronicity, but cannot remember a single detail other than they weren't bad? I recall both having interesting premises (*premisi?) with sub-par acting. I was into a lot of time travel B movies after watching Primer and Synchronicity was one of the many I watched.

Edit - reading the online synopses of them a little came back, but, yeah, forgettable is an apt description.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Does it say anything that I watched both The Signal and Synchronicity, but cannot remember a single detail other than they weren't bad? I recall both having interesting premises (*premisi?) with sub-par acting. I was into a lot of time travel B movies after watching Primer and Synchronicity was one of the many I watched.

Edit - reading the online synopses of them a little came back, but, yeah, forgettable is an apt description.

I'm almost finished with Synchronicity and agree. I like it more than BSI but it isn't really "better" maybe. The extra layer of convoluted science and time travel help. Agree with you though, no way I'm remembering this next week.

Synchro gets an extra +1 for Michael Ironside though. I'll watch anything with him!

• 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Aww man The Signal was the best one out of the three for me. I'd give it a solid 7/10 for low/mid budget SciFi. It was and hour and a half so not too long and boring. Lawrence Fishbourne played himself. Not bad. Maybe it was watching the three movies in reverse order but it really felt like things went downhill with Synchronicity and even further with BSI.

Nope, actually, I watched an entirely different movie called The Signal!

Now to find the 2007 one by this dude.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Rewatched Law Abiding Citizen this movie would be a 10/10 if the last 10 minutes of the movie didn't shit on the entire premise the movie is based upon. What a cop out from Hollywood. - 0/10

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Rewatched Law Abiding Citizen this movie would be a 10/10 if the last 10 minutes of the movie didn't shit on the entire premise the movie is based upon. What a cop out from Hollywood. - 0/10
That and Collateral, both Foxx movies.

• 1Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard
Citizen X. Sutherland/Rea. About the search for USSR's most notorious serial killer. Solid old timey flick.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Advent Calendar 6.5 or 7/10 solid flick but nothing amazing. Worth a watch on Shudder.