Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Watching Black Hawk Down for first time in ages, partly to test some home cinema upgrades.

Anyway, the cast is ridiculous - so many pre fame actors that I had no idea were in it
including Tom Hardy and Jaime Lannister

Definitely a good surround sound movie that makes good use of the Atmos channels

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Rise of Skywalker.

FYI: I chose not to Necro the thread

So, I had seen the original Star Wars in the cinema as a kid. Grew up as a big Star Wars fan.

Had been disappointed by the prequel films. But then the latest films came out, and that cunt K K ruins everything.

I had made the mistake of seeing Last Jedi in the cinema, by the time RoS came out. It was a big nope from me.

I finally sat down to watch it on D+ last night. I had had a hope that there could be some stuff to enjoy here and there.

No it really is terrible.

The best way I can think to describe it is like a 7 year old telling some frantic paced story with misc shit just thrown in 'cause it's cool or funny.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Watching Black Hawk Down for first time in ages, partly to test some home cinema upgrades.

Anyway, the cast is ridiculous - so many pre fame actors that I had no idea were in it
including Tom Hardy and Jaime Lannister

Definitely a good surround sound movie that makes good use of the Atmos channels
That movie is so good, I put it up there with Scott's other top movies. Cast was indeed loaded.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Rise of Skywalker.

FYI: I chose not to Necro the thread

So, I had seen the original Star Wars in the cinema as a kid. Grew up as a big Star Wars fan.

Had been disappointed by the prequel films. But then the latest films came out, and that cunt K K ruins everything.

I had made the mistake of seeing Last Jedi in the cinema, by the time RoS came out. It was a big nope from me.

I finally sat down to watch it on D+ last night. I had had a hope that there could be some stuff to enjoy here and there.

No it really is terrible.

The best way I can think to describe it is like a 7 year old telling some frantic paced story with misc shit just thrown in 'cause it's cool or funny.
Episode 8 is the worst movie ever made. The nicest thing I can say about Episode 9 is that I was not as mad after watching 9 as I was when I finished 8.

KK ruined my childhood, but there is hope brother. There is another IP in galaxies far far away, within a Grim Dark Universe. Seriously me finally taking t6he leap into 40k content has lessened the blow that has been Star Woke. Praying Cavill can talk them into a Badass Series.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Space horses running on the spaceship is the classic jump the shark moment for SW. Among others of course through this trillogy. But when I saw that shit my eyes rolled so fucking hard I had a headache for days.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Watching the film, I realized that I had my face locked in an expression.

I think an okay match for it is this ( add an angrier mouth ):

will_poulter.jpg

Kinda a mix of baffled and annoyed

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Episode 8 is the worst movie ever made. The nicest thing I can say about Episode 9 is that I was not as mad after watching 9 as I was when I finished 8.

KK ruined my childhood, but there is hope brother. There is another IP in galaxies far far away, within a Grim Dark Universe. Seriously me finally taking t6he leap into 40k content has lessened the blow that has been Star Woke. Praying Cavill can talk them into a Badass Series.
Haven't seen episode 9 but but 8, was the first time I almost walked out from a movie theater. And I saw phantom menace and the 3rd prequel in front of a big screen.
It's the biggest fuck you to anyone who enjoys starwars.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That movie is so good, I put it up there with Scott's other top movies. Cast was indeed loaded.
I have actually never watched it. I was so angry when the shit happened that I haven't ever brought myself to watch it on the assumption I will get angry enough to throw something into my TV. I did make it through the Benghazi flick though without destroying my TV so I might eventually watch this.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
The lost daughter 2/10

A fantastically acted movie. It's horrible.

The story of a middle aged woman with grown daughters who is in vacation remembering her life. She's a terrible person. Terrible to her kids, terrible to her kids father and terrible to the people around her on vacation. Not terrible like violence, just neglectful and self indulgent.

I know what you are thinking, sounds like you just hated a well written character. Nope, you have to care about someone in a movie. I didn't care. She wasn't a big enough villan for me to actively hate her... much.

This is a bad movie and I would have rated it lower except it is shot well and the actors did great.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I have actually never watched it. I was so angry when the shit happened that I haven't ever brought myself to watch it on the assumption I will get angry enough to throw something into my TV. I did make it through the Benghazi flick though without destroying my TV so I might eventually watch this.
Its a good movie, id watch it.

Its a little odd though. On the one hand its incredibly realistic war movie, probably one of the most realistic ever made. On the other hand though its almost certainly wrong about why that event played out the way it did. The book its based off of and the movie both blame the Pakistani military for how long it took to recover all the stranded soldiers. Basically the Pakistanis are portrayed as purposely blowing off the Americans once the Pakistanis where asked for assistance when it reality it was all just a goat fuck the second that first black hawk went down.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
True Romance 10/10 - Still one of my top 10 movies. Cheesy, but I absolutely love it.

True Romance was my favorite movie for a long time. It's still top 10, maybe even cracking the top 5. It's been supplanted by a bunch of horror sci-fi type stuff like The Thing, Body Snatchers '77, Terminator 1+2, and Aliens. Patricia Arquette is so goddamn gorgeous in this movie.

In the last couple of months I went out of my way to get caught up on recent (mostly superhero) movies from the last couple of years. And man, modern movies are pretty fucking bad.

Wonder Woman 84 - 3/10, had some enjoyable moments and the villain was really interesting, but it was clearly designed to make a political statement, didn't really have much meat on it otherwise, and feels more like a DLC to the first movie than a real sequel that does anything important. Probably because it takes place in the past, way before Justice League, and isn't an origin story so why?

Black Widow - 6/10, kind of unpleasant but again it had some good moments, mostly with Yelena who is cool enough to carry the movie. This should have been made ten years ago. Black Widow deserved to be Marvel's first female-led movie WAY more than Captain Marvel did. Also the Scarlett of ten years ago (circa Iron Man 2) was incredible. I wouldn't watch this again but I'm glad I saw it once.

Shang-Chi - 7/10, was constantly distracted by how the hero and the villain were both made to look like total chumps every time they fought the women in the movie and lost. By the end I wasn't interested in their showdown because they'd both looked so weak before that. I'm not even sure what Shang-Chi's motivations are. He's a cool character played by a cool actor, and the movie had gorgeous visuals, but man, they botched the execution here when you consider that it's the introduction of a new hero. You don't make new heroes look this weak right out of the gate. I don't mean physically weak (though they did that too), I mean in terms of lacking agency and feeling like a passenger in their own movie.

Shazam - 8/10, SUPER fun movie here and probably the best DC movie I've seen. I actually loved the hell out of this movie and it's the first thing on the list that I'd watch again. Just a fun romp that does a great job introducing a new hero and making them likeable / a threat. Too bad it's DC so there'll probably be no followup of any substance, much less the Shazam teaming up with Superman movie that they teased. Recommended.

The Suicide Squad - 6/10, another unpleasant movie like Black Widow that was carried by a couple of good characters. I did like how unpredictable and wild it got, at least. Good introduction of Peacemaker, fairly decent use of Harley though she's getting pretty annoying now.

Birds of Prey - 4/10, I barely remember anything to talk about here. Jurnee Smolett is bonkers hot in this movie, but I could also do without seeing the name "Smolett" in anything for a while. Harley is still annoying. The movie is supposed to be about a squad of badass women, but there's nothing feminine about most of them and they're all so masculine that it pretty much negates the "badass women" theme. If female characters have to turn into men to be strong, is that really sending the message they think it is?

Old - 7/10, I actually liked this one a lot, though it seems like M. Night is mostly just getting flack for it because the dialogue is pretty atrocious. I thought the story was interesting and kept me glued to it, and it was a bold choice having Big Pharma be the villains of the film in this day and age.

300: Rise of an Empire - 8/10, enjoyed this almost as much as the original 300. The villain Artemisia is an incredible character and a masterclass in how to make a strong female character who is actually feminine and doesn't shit all over the male lead in the process of being strong. I enjoyed the retelling of the naval battle that occured between Persia and Athens (and ultimately led to Greece uniting to win the war). Mostly though I enjoyed the love/hate interplay between the hero and villain and how goddamn masculine and feminine respectively they were. It felt like a movie from a different era. ...and considering it came out in like 2011, I guess it is. Also has one of the hottest sex scenes I've ever seen, and I can't say I've ever seen a hero and villain of a movie have a hot sex scene before. Recommended.

Matrix Resurrected - 2/10, this was dogshit. It did make me go back and watch the first 3 again and they're still very good.

Dune (2021) - 8/10, interested in seeing the sequel (hopefully a bunch of sequels, but probably not). Only real issue with this is they killed almost all of the actors that I actually like by the end and replaced all of them with the Fremen who are now a tribe of Kindly Black People ala the Witcher show. Maybe Netflix bankrolled this, IDK. Recommended.

Venom: Let There Be Carnage - 4/10, thought this was pretty goddamn bad, and that's unfortunate because I've been wanting a Carnage movie for 25 years since I played Maximum Carnage on the SNES. Movie was short and rushed, dialogue was terrible, and the final fight (which should have been great) made very little sense. Not sure why both Venom and Carnage were weak against that screaming woman's attacks but it just broke up the fight completely. Huge letdown here.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Its a good movie, id watch it.

Its a little odd though. On the one hand its incredibly realistic war movie, probably one of the most realistic ever made. On the other hand though its almost certainly wrong about why that event played out the way it did. The book its based off of and the movie both blame the Pakistani military for how long it took to recover all the stranded soldiers. Basically the Pakistanis are portrayed as purposely blowing off the Americans once the Pakistanis where asked for assistance when it reality it was all just a goat fuck the second that first black hawk went down.

Ummmmmm..... what is happening here?

I think Sanrith is talking about the Benghazi movie 13 hours and BP is talking about Black Hawk Down in Mogadishu.

Did I have a stroke?

At any rate, 13 hours was aight, I thought Krasinski was surprisingly good in an action role. And Black Hawk Down is one of my 10 favorite movies of all time.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I think Sanrith is talking about the Benghazi movie 13 hours and BP is talking about Black Hawk Down in Mogadishu.

Did I have a stroke?

At any rate, 13 hours was aight, I thought Krasinski was surprisingly good in an action role. And Black Hawk Down is one of my 10 favorite movies of all time.
I think BP is a little confused, I just read the book last week it was the Malays who were driving the APCs and abandoned the leftover rangers/deltas. The Pakistanis were the UN workers who got butchered by Aidid's that led to the creation of Task Force Ranger in the first place.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I think BP is a little confused, I just read the book last week it was the Malays who were driving the APCs and abandoned the leftover rangers/deltas. The Pakistanis were the UN workers who got butchered by Aidid's that led to the creation of Task Force Ranger in the first place.
Hold on let me push up my nerd glasses;

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Did I have a stroke?

Nah, I was talking about not watching Blackhawk down, but I did watch 13 hours.

Homsar

Nah, I was talking about not watching Blackhawk down, but I did watch 13 hours.
Black hawk down is hard to watch but you can't run away from watching stuff imo. There has been so many botched events that killed multiple service members. I dealt with a full recon team getting killed and there is no record of the incident

Only link I have was going in a code called "river city" 17 years ago

• 2Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Black hawk down is hard to watch but you can't run away from watching stuff imo. There has been so many botched events that killed multiple service members. I dealt with a full recon team getting killed and there is no record of the incident

Only link I have was going in a code word when it happend
This is the only show I have ever just opted to not watch. Like I said I watched 13 hours and thought it great. For whatever reason, the Blackhawk down incident still makes me rage.

Homsar

This is the only show I have ever just opted to not watch. Like I said I watched 13 hours and thought it great. For whatever reason, the Blackhawk down incident still makes me rage.
Watching movies based off real events is the hardest. I think black hawk down showed the disaster that it was and showed they were bad ass. Think the pilot and somone else got the medal of honor

• 2Like