Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
GOD DAMMIT.

I knew I shouldn't do it. I debated for a couple of minutes even.

Fuck me, she was so fucking hot back then. If you're curious, do yourself a favor, don't look. Just remember her as she was in Lake Placid and Jackie Brown, etc.
And dont forget Point of No Return.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I’m going to pick it up off of audible. Is it pretty good?
Dallaire's editor and close friend committed suicide because the contents of the book were so depressing and soul-destroying. It's very powerful but I sure as hell wouldn't call it good.

Maybe start with 'An Ordinary Man' by Paul Rusesabagina if you want a close perspective on what happened without subjecting your soul to the more comprehensive account detailed in Dallaire's book. Quite frankly the idea of ever opening the book again sends shivers down my spine.
Which is to say, what happened in Rwanda should never be forgotten by the civilized human race.

Although I despair if you asked anyone under the age of 30 what happened in Rwanda they would be like "where??"

But OH MY GOD we need to erase George Washington from history, he owned slaves in a time of slaves! Rwanda? Is that a slave name?

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sorry to interrupt but if you want to see a good movie about Rwanda, way better than Hotel Rwanda, it's called Shooting Dogs (original title) aka Beyond the Gates (us version).
One of the few movies that made me feel like shit afterwards, kinda depressed actually.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah Paul Kagame has always had a grudge against Rusesabagina and had him kidnapped out of Dubai and brought back to Rwanda to face bullshit terrorism charges.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Stand By Me - 10/10. Havent watched this movie since I was a kid and rewatched it today since it popped up on Netflix. Still stands up and is such a excellent movie.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Stand By Me - 10/10. Havent watched this movie since I was a kid and rewatched it today since it popped up on Netflix. Still stands up and is such a excellent movie.
King wrote that and a few others as a repsonse to the propeller heads that said he wasn't a real author.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The Escape Room (2019)

2/10

Boring, 2 dimensional characters who you immediately and instinctively hate. The dialogue was written by an angsty young teenager, or someone trying to channel one.

At one point a character lit a smoke and another said "DO YOU MIND NOT SMOKING THAT AROUND ME?" Bitch you appeared to be trapped in a very aggressive and deadly game, I don't think the second hand smoke is your first priority problem.

The black guy is actually the most detestable character of all, and as it turns out is actually written that way as you find out past reveals as the movie progresses.

The premise is the typical bored, ultra-rich people torturing the normies for entertainment. Stale.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Just musing and didn’t really see another appropriate thread…

God fuck I love TLJ’s final spiel in No Country for Old Men. I sometimes get a wild hair to watch this clip like five times in a row. His face, and especially the part about him describing how his dad is going ahead and will be waiting for him with a fire in the cold gets me every time.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Warriors - 10/10 still one of my favorite movies of all time. Surprised they havent tried to remake this yet.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Goatface

The Warriors - 10/10 still one of my favorite movies of all time. Surprised they havent tried to remake this yet.
they have been trying, a remake movie was in the working in early 2000's, then a tv series was in planning, before covid was supposed to be for netflick.

i still have not watched the director's cut, don't know if i would like the comic book elements. iirc there was a fan edit that put in like 15 mins of cut scenes.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Just saw Turning Red with the family. 7/10. Don't regret watching, but it feels like Pixar has been on a downward slide since Inside Out and can't figure out that magic mix of humor, goofiness, and poignancy. I was especially expecting this one to hit closer to home since my wife is Chinese-American, but it came out a bit flat. Maybe we're getting old, dunno.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Million Dollar Baby. Haven't seen it in a long time.

ryhn.gif

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Stand by Me is based on The Body which is one of four novellas part of King's book Different Seasons. Included in this are Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption, The Body and Apt Pupil.

Apt Pupil the film is pretty decent but it doesn't stand out as much as the other two.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Stand by Me is based on The Body which is one of four novellas part of King's book Different Seasons. Included in this are Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption, The Body and Apt Pupil.

Apt Pupil the film is pretty decent but it doesn't stand out as much as the other two.
Amazing that when King was on he could write amazing shit. The other times he just writes regular shit.