Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dragged Across Concrete - 3.75/5 Stars (Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn)

Long movie, I am not sure how I feel about the ending. I didn't hate the ending, but I didn't love it either. I am also not sure how I would have ended differently to make it better. The rest of the movie makes up for the "okay" ending.
The acting is the best part of the film. Agree the ending is a bit eh.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Crank - Super fun movie. Jason Statham is peak Jason Statham here, probably the most fun movie I've seen him in that isn't Hobbs & Shaw or Furious 7. Guy is an absolute nutcase in this movie, running around getting zapped and doing drugs and banging his girlfriend in the middle of the street just to keep his heart from stopping. Un-PC as FUCK and probably couldn't be made today would do even better if it were made today because it'd be so different. Definitely worth seeing, albeit ridiculous. 8.5/10.

Crank 2 - This on the other hand was a piece o' crap and a waste of time. Went right from one to the other because I was so charged-up from the first. This had none of the charm, everybody was an unlikeable asshole, and there was this recurring Asian chick who just stood around screeching nonsensical bullshit while the camera sat on her way too long in multiple scenes. Total waste of time. Somehow has a better RT critics score than the first (while tumbling way down in audience score). 4/10.

Iron Sky - Saw this one a bit ago and forgot about it. Had high hopes for it and it was also an idiotic piece of junk. At least the main actress was really hot. It's full-on mega-woke but that isn't the problem with it, the problem is that it's a mess. Super-interesting premise and it basically does nothing with it. 5/10.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Crank - Super fun movie. Jason Statham is peak Jason Statham here, probably the most fun movie I've seen him in that isn't Hobbs & Shaw or Furious 7. Guy is an absolute nutcase in this movie, running around getting zapped and doing drugs and banging his girlfriend in the middle of the street just to keep his heart from stopping. Un-PC as FUCK and probably couldn't be made today would do even better if it were made today because it'd be so different. Definitely worth seeing, albeit ridiculous. 8.5/10.

Crank 2 - This on the other hand was a piece o' crap and a waste of time. Went right from one to the other because I was so charged-up from the first. This had none of the charm, everybody was an unlikeable asshole, and there was this recurring Asian chick who just stood around screeching nonsensical bullshit while the camera sat on her way too long in multiple scenes. Total waste of time. Somehow has a better RT critics score than the first (while tumbling way down in audience score). 4/10.

Iron Sky - Saw this one a bit ago and forgot about it. Had high hopes for it and it was also an idiotic piece of junk. At least the main actress was really hot. It's full-on mega-woke but that isn't the problem with it, the problem is that it's a mess. Super-interesting premise and it basically does nothing with it. 5/10.
Crank is one of the best movies ever. So underrated.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Iron Sky, I remember trying to watch that a few years ago. The premise seemed ripe for an awesome movie, however, they shit the bed. I think I turned it off about 20 minutes in. The older I get the less I waste my time on shitty TV/movies, exception being something my kids really want to watch.

Lastly Rajaah Rajaah I disagree on the female lead. I am just not into the Courtney Love look, that is a hard pass for me.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Iron Sky, I remember trying to watch that a few years ago. The premise seemed ripe for an awesome movie, however, they shit the bed. I think I turned it off about 20 minutes in. The older I get the less I waste my time on shitty TV/movies, exception being something my kids really want to watch.

Lastly Rajaah Rajaah I disagree on the female lead. I am just not into the Courtney Love look, that is a hard pass for me.

I think she's hot. We'll let the viewers decide:

1680795724573.png

And yeah, the movie was a great idea with very poor execution. I've also found myself skipping things that aren't that great more and more lately. Too much actual good stuff I have to get through and too little time to burn on things that are average or mediocre.

• 1Like

Homsar

The Jerk randomly came on and god damn the movie is still a classic

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Just watched smoky and the bandit again. 10/10 I was surprised at how well it held up. I bet it's been at least 20 years since I saw it last. I never realized that Bandit was a truck driver normally or that sally fields was running away from marrying Junior. Finally, after all these years, I understand why Buford had such a hard on for bandit without knowing about the beer.

Also, it's still funny that all this was over some fucking coors.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Just watched smoky and the bandit again. 10/10 I was surprised at how well it held up. I bet it's been at least 20 years since I saw it last. I never realized that Bandit was a truck driver normally or that sally fields was running away from marrying Junior. Finally, after all these years, I understand why Buford had such a hard on for bandit without knowing about the beer.

Also, it's still funny that all this was over some fucking coors.
We watch Smokey every year or so. It is indeed still awesome and Sally Fields was a smoke show.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
We watch Smokey every year or so. It is indeed still awesome and Sally Fields was a smoke show.

I gotta tell ya, I always thought she was ugly. Far and away the worst part of the show and the most unbelievable part too that bandit would pick her over all the trim throwing itself at him. But the other day I realized she did look pretty good. I think I just had a hate-on for her because of gidget and the flying nun.

• 1Like

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
View attachment 468029john straka, demon from new york. has people in captivity. maybe the rapper logic (they even have the same birthdate) Robert Bryson Hall the second. Also has ties to jenna fischer and John.Michael.1111 of tiktok.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Her - Really good Joaquin Phoenix movie where he plays a guy in love with an AI chat program (voiced by Scarlett Johannson). Lot of heart-felt moments in it and whatnot. The first hour actually made me kind of sleepy, then it picks up a bit in the second hour. Thought it might turn into a horror movie or something, but nope, it's a lot of musings on life and aging and being alone / together and so on. Joaquin Phoenix is an incredible actor here, and in general, and conveys so many feelings in this movie. 8.5/10 and worth checking out.

Edit, here's another one:

Fall - That movie you've probably heard of but didn't see, where two hot girls are trapped at the top of a decommissioned 2000-ft radio tower with no way down. This was a real thriller and captured the feeling of hopelessness a bunch of times over. Worth seeing for sure. 9/10.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Her - Really good Joaquin Phoenix movie where he plays a guy in love with an AI chat program (voiced by Scarlett Johannson). Lot of heart-felt moments in it and whatnot. The first hour actually made me kind of sleepy, then it picks up a bit in the second hour. Thought it might turn into a horror movie or something, but nope, it's a lot of musings on life and aging and being alone / together and so on. Joaquin Phoenix is an incredible actor here, and in general, and conveys so many feelings in this movie. 8.5/10 and worth checking out.

Edit, here's another one:

Fall - That movie you've probably heard of but didn't see, where two hot girls are trapped at the top of a decommissioned 2000-ft radio tower with no way down. This was a real thriller and captured the feeling of hopelessness a bunch of times over. Worth seeing for sure. 9/10.

I gotta see this Fall movie to find out how you "find yourself at the top of a 2,000' radio tower." The way the summary reads it was all a big accident.

• 2Worf

Animosity

I gotta see this Fall movie to find out how you "find yourself at the top of a 2,000' radio tower." The way the summary reads it was all a big accident.
Couple of girls who love to rock climb, decide to climb this old rusty radio tower to post it on instagram.

• 1Wow!
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Who summarized it like that? Yeah that's a real BS way to interpret the story that takes responsibility off of the chix in the movie.

Two girls climb the tower to post it on instagram because they're total idiots. Well, one of them is a total idiot, the other doesn't know how to say no and gets roped into it.

That's it. It's a movie about a couple of idiots. The passive one is also annoyingly mean to her dad (played by Negan) who is just trying to help her.

Though it does get inspiring towards the end when the passive one digs down deep and comes up with some incredible strength and perseverence. She was the one I felt for since everyone around her turned out to be a backstabbing bitch (except her dad, who she started appreciating by the end).

I wonder how this movie would be on a re-watch if I pretended it was a Negan origin story. Because it'd work that way. Also enjoyed the wrestling references later in the movie.

• 1Like
  • 1Great Review

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
[Prime Video]
5/10 - Candyman (2021) - shocker, not as good. but it was fine. decent nostalgia. One and done.
7/10 - Terrifier 2 - It was pretty horrific, lol. Final Girl was hot. plot armor is lame.

• 1Like
  • 1Great Review

Goatface

I wonder how this movie would be on a re-watch if I pretended it was a Negan origin story. Because it'd work that way. Also enjoyed the wrestling references later in the movie.

i really wanted an after credits scene with him strolling up on the 2 dicks that stole her truck with bat in hand

• 1Worf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
i really wanted an after credits scene with him strolling up on the 2 dicks that stole her truck with bat in hand
People actually steal their car while they are stuck up there? Bwaaahahaha that's awesome, might have to watch the movie just for that.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
i watched Smokey and the Bandit 2 a couple days ago. I remembered that it wasn't as good but I had just had a good experience rewatching #1 and I wanted to be reminded of how far it dropped off. It was worse than I remember. I mean, with all the added talent it had a lot of potential. But now that I'm older I understand why it sucked. Because they had to give the bandit a character arc and become a better person. BLEGH. It was better when it was just unadulterated fun.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I think she's hot. We'll let the viewers decide:

View attachment 467666
And yeah, the movie was a great idea with very poor execution. I've also found myself skipping things that aren't that great more and more lately. Too much actual good stuff I have to get through and too little time to burn on things that are average or mediocre.
She's not the hottest girl I've ever seen, but watching the movie I found her more and more attractive as it went on.

• 1Worf
  • 1Great Review